OHSAA to Refs: enforce the "Rolled Shorts" rule, or get written up

General Chat
Pol pot
SE

Re: OHSAA to Refs: enforce the "Rolled Shorts" rule, or get written up

Post by Pol pot »

baseball16 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:18 pm I Have an Idea: OHSAA To Coaches: Enforce the Rolled Shorts, or get written up!!

Just an Idea. Seems the Refs have enough crap to deal with!
Exactly, quality coaches do not have these issues. They understand the attention to details and the little things that produce winning.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I would love to see a records breakdown on teams that allow their players to roll shorts vs teams that don't allow players to roll shorts. If anyone has the time I'd love to see the comparisons.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 pm I don't get why kids started rolling their shorts and I don't think it looks good, but I would say that as long as they tuck in the string that it really shouldn't be an issue.

I haven't seen it enforced at the varsity level during a game, I'm guessing it is addressed in the Captain's meeting, but have seen it several times at the lower levels.

I actually saw a kid have to play defense while holding up his shorts so they wouldn't fall down at one point too. That team's shorts were from the 2004-2005 season, so the elastic was out and I believe that he didn't have a drawstring anymore either, so what is that kid supposed to do? Lol
It’s to show off tights and knee pads

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:30 am
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 pm I don't get why kids started rolling their shorts and I don't think it looks good, but I would say that as long as they tuck in the string that it really shouldn't be an issue.

I haven't seen it enforced at the varsity level during a game, I'm guessing it is addressed in the Captain's meeting, but have seen it several times at the lower levels.

I actually saw a kid have to play defense while holding up his shorts so they wouldn't fall down at one point too. That team's shorts were from the 2004-2005 season, so the elastic was out and I believe that he didn't have a drawstring anymore either, so what is that kid supposed to do? Lol
:lol: it is more about the look in high school and functionality in lower levels.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Everyone under 30 forever has always wanted to look good. Everyone over 30 has always complained about the younger generation. This is as stupid as the headband rule

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:30 am

Maybe. But, I think we have 2 kids in our program that wear them this year lol neither is on varsity either

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Rules are rules. I’ve seen it enforced a couple times . I’ve also seen the “tuck the jersey in” rule as well. Seems like some struggle to keep their oversized jerseys tucked inside their oversized shorts.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

They were rolled up last night

Return to “The Off season”