Referee question

General Chat
peake71
All Conference

Referee question

Post by peake71 »

Is the official scorer to remain seated and not stand and question a call on the floor. What would you do?

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Re: Referee question

Post by Catchup13 »

peake71 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:26 pm Is the official scorer to remain seated and not stand and question a call on the floor. What would you do?
I think you’ll need to provide a little more info on what happened. But I can see an official scorekeeper standing or trying to get a referee’s attention and questioning who the foul was on. I think that happens often. Maybe unsure who foul was called on, or even if a foul was called. That’s some pretty important info. But again, not saying that’s what happened here.
I actually saw a slight argument today between scorekeeper and ref, over a bonus situation. Ref and scoreboard thought it should be a bonus. Scorekeeper did not. Scorekeeper was right.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

He was questioning a no call on his son who was playing. He wanted a foul called on a drive to the basket.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

peake71 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:02 pm He was questioning a no call on his son who was playing. He wanted a foul called on a drive to the basket.
Score keepers are part of the game, same with clock, trainer and all table staff. If they are cheering or complaining they should go directly to their car and not pass go, and not collect their $10 or whatever they get.

Return to “The Off season”