ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

High School Hoops Player attacks Ref

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: High School Hoops Player attacks Ref

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

I would think assault charges are in order and definitely dismissal from the team...... :!: :!:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:I would think assault charges are in order and definitely dismissal from the team...... :!: :!:
I just seen where He was released from the Team.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:I would think assault charges are in order and definitely dismissal from the team...... :!: :!:
i couldn't agree more. he def needs to be charged with assult

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

No excuse for attacking the ref, but if you watch the very beginning of the video you can see the other team's player comes up and shoves him just as him comes in bounds. His shove was in retaliation of that, but the refs hardly ever see the first push, they always see the second.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Nothing justifies what the young man did but I wonder what the ref said to him to get him to come at him the second time. After shoving the ref there were several feet between them and it looked as if it was over and then he comes charging after him again.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Kid is a head case that needs to punished accordingly. His actions were way out of line and uncalled for.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

the sad part is this kid will show up somewhere after the Christmas breaks playing ball for some coach that wants wins and does not care how he gets them

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

I played in a shootout at Peebles in 2000, where a ref attacked a player. He put his hands around his neck and threw him into his own teams bench. The entire team had the worst attitudes and language, the ref even chased the player across the floor to get his hands on him. Any folks from Peebles, Western Pike or Manchester might remember

Larry Bird
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Bird »

Should never be allowed to play high sports ever again. But like someone else said, he will be playing somewhere else if he has talent and can help some coach and school win games.

Return to “The Off season”