Football Question

General Chat
tigerfan83
Freshman Team

Football Question

Post by tigerfan83 »

Here is a play,
1st and 10 a running play a gain of 2 yrds a 5 yrd face mask on B .

What is the down and yard to go .

85inside
S

Re: Hey Ref's ?

Post by 85inside »

I think i have been out of the ref game too long, but i will take a crack. I wasnt aware that there was still a 5 yard facemask. i wish there wasnt, but if there is, I would think that the penalty would be from the end of the run and the down would be repeated. I would think it would be 1st and 3 yards to go.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

85inside wrote:I think i have been out of the ref game too long, but i will take a crack. I wasnt aware that there was still a 5 yard facemask. i wish there wasnt, but if there is, I would think that the penalty would be from the end of the run and the down would be repeated. I would think it would be 1st and 3 yards to go.

I believe you are correct. The 5 yard penalty would be tacked on to the end of the run and it would be 1st and 3.

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

At trimble, they give the ball to the home team... :lol:

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

5 yard foul assessed either at the end of the run or where the penalty took place, whichever hurts the offending team the most, repeat the down. Sounds like 85inside remembers what he's doing in the stripes.

tigerfan83
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan83 »

You guys r good !

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

perfectinpurple, trimble could play defense the whole game and STILL BEAT SOUTHERN :lol: :lol: :lol: ..... THATS HOW MUCH OF A JOKE SOUTHERN IS

Return to “The Off season”