a little trivia

General Chat
mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

a little trivia

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

was reading my popcorn tin and found this

what were Ohio State Univ.'s original school colors?

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

The Ohio State school colors of scarlet and gray were chosen by a committee of three students (Curtis C. Howard, Harwood R. Pool, and Alice Townshend) prior to the school's first graduation ceremony in 1878. The committee's original recommendation was to be orange and black. The committee soon discovered that Princeton already used the colors, however, and changed their recommendation.[8] For this reason some references claim that Ohio State's original school colors were orange and black. This claim is not quite accurate, in that the committee never filed the original report with that recommendation.
scarlet & Gray: The official school colors of The Ohio State University. These were chosen back in 1878. Black and Orange were the original school colors, but Scarlet and Gray were chosen when it was discovered that Princeton already picked black and orange.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

"Remember this, the choices you make in life, make you"

- John Wooden

"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."

- unknown

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:The Ohio State school colors of scarlet and gray were chosen by a committee of three students (Curtis C. Howard, Harwood R. Pool, and Alice Townshend) prior to the school's first graduation ceremony in 1878. The committee's original recommendation was to be orange and black. The committee soon discovered that Princeton already used the colors, however, and changed their recommendation.[8] For this reason some references claim that Ohio State's original school colors were orange and black. This claim is not quite accurate, in that the committee never filed the original report with that recommendation.
scarlet & Gray: The official school colors of The Ohio State University. These were chosen back in 1878. Black and Orange were the original school colors, but Scarlet and Gray were chosen when it was discovered that Princeton already picked black and orange.

Nice.... 8)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:The Ohio State school colors of scarlet and gray were chosen by a committee of three students (Curtis C. Howard, Harwood R. Pool, and Alice Townshend) prior to the school's first graduation ceremony in 1878. The committee's original recommendation was to be orange and black. The committee soon discovered that Princeton already used the colors, however, and changed their recommendation.[8] For this reason some references claim that Ohio State's original school colors were orange and black. This claim is not quite accurate, in that the committee never filed the original report with that recommendation.

Interesting

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

thank god, princeton already had Orange and Black :!: :!: :lol:

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

biggdowgg wrote:thank god, princeton already had Orange and Black :!: :!: :lol:

That's what I thought :-D Orange is not my favorite color but after all these years its growing on me :!:

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

"Remember this, the choices you make in life, make you"

- John Wooden

"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."

- unknown

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY, -I LOVE ORANGE AND BLACK, MYSELF. IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, CINCINNATI BENGALS, WOULD HAVE WORKED FOR ME. :-D :-D

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

nothing wrong with orange and black .... just can't imagine the Bucks in anything but scarlet and grey

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

It seems like because of the buckeye they would have put some brown in there. Red and brown--- ? I like the scarlett and gray.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

mohawkbaseball#1 wrote:nothing wrong with orange and black .... just can't imagine the Bucks in anything but scarlet and grey
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i can't either now. just saying, i could have lived with the orange and black. i did not even like them taking the grey stripe out of the arms of the home jerseys , the last 2 years. but they have made 2 straight national championship appearences. --------- BUT WHAT IF THEY'D NOT HAVE REMOVED THAT GREY STRIPE 2 YEARS AGO. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “The Off season”