Highest/Lowest blood pressure readings you've heard of or seen.

General Chat
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Highest/Lowest blood pressure readings you've heard of or seen.

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Was feeling dizzy/light headed and in a dreamy state. Went to the ER Tuesday evening, they kept me there till about after 4 am 'ish Wednesday morning till they got it down with BPM through an IV. Mine was topping at times while there 200 plus over 190. Looks like I will be on blood pressure meds the rest of my life. Nurse told me I was lucky I came out there, or I could of had a stroke or worse. Some people have no symptoms I was told while others have different symptoms. Get your BP checked often people, you never know, I was lucky.

What's the highest/lowest BP readings you've heard of or seen? I guess mine was pretty high and the nurse said it was called a BP emergency/crisis. I could have been pushing up daisy's.

Paladin
SEOP

Re: Highest/Lowest blood pressure readings you've heard of or seen.

Post by Paladin »

I have heard of 210. MDs advise that if you have 200 or over, get to an energy room. Stroke is not the only outcome. It can also produce a heart rhythm problem that causes a heart attack, usually one that just stops your heart beat. You might recover, but if blood is not circulated to the brain , it dies of oxygen starvation ,causing severe brain damage of various mental, physical and motor disorders.

I’m on the other side with normal readings of 90/60 to 100/70. I might have high “BP” of 120/80 occasionally. :lol:

Have gun, will travel
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Highest/Lowest blood pressure readings you've heard of or seen.

Post by OHHS old timer »

I'm normally around 96/72...give or take.

That being said, I've also heard of BP's in the over 200 systolic with a 150+ diastolic (200+/150+). I personally did a bp check on a patient in ER a long time ago of 148/112. Got the same 5 mins later. Automated bp was 160/118. Needless to say that person was an immediate admit to ICU.

Always get an annual checkup folks...mine's coming up next month. And guys...don't forget to self-check the prostate..anything odd...make an appt. with your ASAP!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

Return to “The Off season”