WASHBOARD FEST ???

General Chat
cbolt
SEOP

Re: WASHBOARD FEST ???

Post by cbolt »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:18 am Lancaster has a Wash machine Fest. It is where they just have music of only wash up bands
:lol: :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:41 am reply, I just noticed your post totals. I never pay attention to that and saw yours. my garsh, you have 264,805 posts. that is crazy. I actually lost around 28,000 posts when the board reset or whatever. but dang man. I would have actually like 51,000 if they were combined. is there anybody even close to you post wise.
I lost about 30,000 too

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:41 am reply, I just noticed your post totals. I never pay attention to that and saw yours. my garsh, you have 264,805 posts. that is crazy. I actually lost around 28,000 posts when the board reset or whatever. but dang man. I would have actually like 51,000 if they were combined. is there anybody even close to you post wise.
Go to the main page and at the bottom click on members. A page will come up where it shows when everybody joined. At the top in the dark blue click on the word post. That should give you a page where it has every ones total post in order.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:44 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:15 pm What kinda bands, Noreply? Any 80's/early 90's sounding tunes? I might go if so. I never knew they had music all day, but I never went to one yet. Sure do see the traffic coming to and from though. Lots of it.
I doubt you will see any of them hair band/glam rock groups you like trench. Like noreply said it mostly hillbilly oriented. Warshboards and Hillbillies go together like catfish and vaseline. :lol:
:lol: :lol: Kinda figured that, but thought maybe a few wanna be amateur bands maybe played some good 80's/90's tunes at the warshboard fest some days. Some are still out there playing that good stuff, and heard the Moose lodge has them sometimes for gigs, but I never go in there either. :lol: :lol: Ole MJ tells me about them, and she said they play it too loud when they get them kinda bands in there. :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:35 pm
I lost about 30,000 too
:shock: Lots of lost typing time. Can you get them back, Noreply?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

probably not but it is only post

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

true dat.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

You guys haven't lived til you've listened to some cajun music. The washboard....rub board as they call it is used as a percussion instrument. They use at least 2 thimbles that they call scratchers to make sounds.

I've been told that the speed of "scratching" makes the difference in sounds. It's actually pretty darn cool. Zydeco cajun music is the proper name....a unique blend of country and blue grass.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Don't quote me on this one but....i believe the late Ralph MacDonald played the wash....rub board as a member of the Coral Reefer band.

That's Jimmy Buffett's band in case you didn't know. BTW...Timothy B Schmidt of the Eagles played bass for a couple of years with Buffett. Around the 1984-87 time frame. He's in the first concert video with the guys...circa 1986 from somewhere in the Miami area. Cool show!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

OHHS old timer wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:08 pm You guys haven't lived til you've listened to some cajun music. The washboard....rub board as they call it is used as a percussion instrument. They use at least 2 thimbles that they call scratchers to make sounds.

I've been told that the speed of "scratching" makes the difference in sounds. It's actually pretty darn cool. Zydeco cajun music is the proper name....a unique blend of country and blue grass.
Yep, cajun music performers use them for percussion in most of their songs. Faster the scratch is made the higher the tone, Slower the scratch is made the lower the tone. Mix it up just as in drumming but in scratch strokes on a washboard and you can actually get a beat with a different sound. Hard to explain, but It is cool. Love near the end of the movie "Double Jeopardy" with Ashley Judd, they have some Cajun music actually being performed.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Heard your girl Sara Evans is performing at the Lancaster Festival this summer trench. You and Ck ought to take that one in.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

EEEEWWW YEAH!! Is it free to the public? :lol: Can't see that fine looking knock out of a woman with a golden voice, and good meaningful songs doing a free one. :? Be cool though if she is. 8-)

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you guys are killing me!

AT THE RESERVATION
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

1987chieftains wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:25 am :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you guys are killing me!
Have you ever been, 87? :) :lol:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I have and much like the county fair, I don't go unless I have to.

AT THE RESERVATION
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Never been, and it's been 25 plus years since I've walked through the gates, at the famous Hocking County Fair. :lol: I enjoyed the Truck pulls when I went though. :D

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This weekend Logan's main street will be lined with air streams. Food stands will be in the old Elberfields parking lot.

Return to “The Off season”