WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING ???????????????

General Chat
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING ???????????????

Post by OHHS old timer »

Paladin wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:55 am Good question. Not much of anything. Following college, I taught and coached at Logan. Finished my short teaching career as HC at Zanesville Rosecrans for a number of years but left as I completed my Masters degree. I finished a long career working for one of Ohio’s largest nonprofits, retiring at age 53. Since then, having already made a small fortune in investing, I dwell in retirement and now at age 75, draw income from a pension, SS, IRAs, interest income from CDs and money markets and still hold a small stock portfolio. Annual income in 6 figures allows me to remain retired while pursuing interest in outdoor sports and activities, spectator sports, travel, fine dining, concerts and reading /internet activity. And the kids and grandkids are very nearby. Still in decent health, I haven’t worked in decades, so I guess I do nothing, lol.

Hey, someone has to do it. :lol:
Next year, I will be doing not much either. Like you, I'll have pension...gotta wait a couple more years for IRA's and the others. Stocks...precious metals...etc. Thinking of selling most stock in a few years as I have already given my two nephews some stock to get them started in life. Thought I retired at 50 and was for a few years until an old army friend talked me into a 3 year contract with fed gov't. Great pay..long hours.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Weird not seeing Poland and Canfield in the same league. One of the biggest rivalry in the valley. Glad to see they are playing week 1 in 2020

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

kinda cool seeing this topic wake back up. we have such an array of people here from all walks of life I thought it would be a cool topic. I enjoy reading these.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Oops, I mis-spoke. The NE8 is the former AAC White Division, less Ashtabula Edgewood who didn’t get invited because of annual 0-10/ 1-9 records. Their place was taken by AAC Blue division champ Girard plus ex-ITCL annual champ South Range. Recent White division champs Lakeview, Hubbard and Poland make this an extremely competitive league

Have gun, will travel
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Work down at Shawnee State.

Who Dey!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

man I ain't talked to you in forever 59.
I hope all is well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:02 am
man I ain't talked to you in forever 59.
I hope all is well.
Been busy working, try to get on when I can. Been pretty good though, went fishing the other day, going to try and start going more often. That and work should keep me busy until Football season is here. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods as well buddy.

Who Dey!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

come up to lake white n see me sometime. we'll fish all day.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:50 pm USAF medic...20 yrs...retired
State of Fla (hazmat)...10 yrs...retired

Presently work for a civilian contractor (fed gov't)...until 2020 when I hang it up for good.
Update...15 Jan 2020 will be my last day working for feds. I have 30 + vacation days and maxed out my sick days (just don't get sick that often...acquired immunity...being around sick patients gave my immune system a big boost). Looking forward to doing................
NOTHING for at least a few months... Hell, I earned it!!!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:02 pm
OHHS old timer wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:50 pm USAF medic...20 yrs...retired
State of Fla (hazmat)...10 yrs...retired

Presently work for a civilian contractor (fed gov't)...until 2020 when I hang it up for good.
Update...15 Jan 2020 will be my last day working for feds. I have 30 + vacation days and maxed out my sick days (just don't get sick that often...acquired immunity...being around sick patients gave my immune system a big boost). Looking forward to doing................
NOTHING for at least a few months... Hell, I earned it!!!
Today, 17 Jan 2020, was officially my last day of work. The 9-5 grind...call it what you want. Enjoyed 99% of those days. The others....well...they were the bad day at the office. Ex: Ramstein Airshow disaster, Hurricane Michael to name two. I met alot of wonderful people. Ex: got to shake hands with Pres. Reagan when he deplaned at Ramstein in 1987 for a quick visit. The original "Stormin Norman"- Gen. Norman Shwarzkopf (sp) during Operation Desert Shield/Storm.

All in all, it has been a fun ride. Changes...of course I wish I could change some. Either way, I am a better person. Now it's time to think about the rest of my time. I'll be reading alot of Scripture and praying-after all it's His will not mine which I shall do.

Well, I've rambled enough. Time for college bb, NHL, and the world sport of football for moi.

Thanks to all for letting me in! I am thoroughly enjoying it!! And enjoy chatting with each and everyone of you!!!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

After 34 years in the classroom I am now retired end of last school year. But I have to say they did talk me back into coaching. SMH. What was I thinking?

Congrats Old Timer on your 3rd ? retirement.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Raiderball wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:48 pm After 34 years in the classroom I am now retired end of last school year. But I have to say they did talk me back into coaching. SMH. What was I thinking?

Only two raiderball. Job #3 was with the feds. Analysing things that I can not discuss. Let's just say I was doing my part to help keep America safer.
A three year stint...after Hurricane Michael, the folks higher up decided to combine locations. We were moving elsewhere...so I put in my notice about 6 months ago. Spent this week packing up things. I did retire (?) from sheriffs volunteer search and rescue team. Got a gold badge for that...woo hoo!!

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

OHHS old timer wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:57 pm [quote=Raiderball post_id=<a href="tel:1843361">1843361</a> time=<a href="tel:1579312104">1579312104</a> user_id=195]
After 34 years in the classroom I am now retired end of last school year. But I have to say they did talk me back into coaching. SMH. What was I thinking?

Only two raiderball. Job #3 was with the feds. Analysing things that I can not discuss. Let's just say I was doing my part to help keep America safer.
A three year stint...after Hurricane Michael, the folks higher up decided to combine locations. We were moving elsewhere...so I put in my notice about 6 months ago. Spent this week packing up things. I did retire (?) from sheriffs volunteer search and rescue team. Got a gold badge for that...woo hoo!!
[/quote]

Old Timer you seem to have had quite the interesting careers, very cool to read about them. Enjoy all your free time!

Who Dey!
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

PTrojan59 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:14 am
OHHS old timer wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:57 pm [quote=Raiderball post_id=<a href="tel:1843361">1843361</a> time=<a href="tel:1579312104">1579312104</a> user_id=195]

Old Timer you seem to have had quite the interesting careers, very cool to read about them. Enjoy all your free time!
[/quote]

Thanks PTrojan 59. I think the late Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead said it best...from a line of lyrics of the song "Truckin"...what a long strange trip it's been.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

I'm a college student :(

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Retired electrician/ electrical lineman/Electrical and Power department manager . Retired from the atomic plant in Piketon and farming a bit now. Hobby building hot rods and restoring old motocross bikes. Current street rod project is 1930 model A full fendered hot rod.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I coach college track and field part-time (our team just won the NAIA Women's Indoor track and field championship in March). I also used to work as an officer at a state prison, now doing security for private business.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:04 pm I coach college track and field part-time (our team just won the NAIA Women's Indoor track and field championship in March). I also used to work as an officer at a state prison, now doing security for private business.
Coach Chieftain 2009...belated congratulations on NAIA championship!! I'm sure a well-earned title. Dedication...committment....teamwork...well done!!

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

I work in data analytics at a hospital in central Ohio.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Oncology Nurse

Return to “The Off season”