Time Warner:New DVR:Problems

General Chat
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Time Warner:New DVR:Problems

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I upgraded a few months back to the new DVR that Time Warner has.

You can record six programs at once and it has a lot more memory then the older version does.

That's all great but there has been problems.

One station had the wrong guide for the high def station.
Took 7 weeks for TW to get it fixed.
I worked around this by recording on the lower channel, who's guide was correct.

The new problem has the unit deleting shows you have recorded and TW says those shows can not be found again. Meaning I miss all of the shows I had recorded.
I lost all of the state football finals from, Mich, Ind and Wisconsin along with 3 playoff games from Louisiana.

TW said they can send me a new unit, if it happens again and the shows are lost for good.

Anyone else having issues?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Time Warner:New DVR:Problems

Post by noreply66 »

I have had a few...biggest is it will just shut off,freeze or doesn't want to turn on. Had to have a new box put in.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Don't have a DVR. Ole C-Bolt will hate to hear about that Licking County Fan. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Oh Boy just what I was afraid of :roll: ,can anybody use their own DVRS on this new time warner crap ?

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Switched to the whole home dvr over the summer, and regret it. Dvr works fine, but time warner doesn't put stuff on demand half of the time or when they do it's not within 24 hours after the show hours like they say.

Who Dey!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

cbolt wrote:Oh Boy just what I was afraid of :roll: ,can anybody use their own DVRS on this new time warner crap ?
Not sure..you may for now but later it might be where you have to do theirs.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Do you got their DVR noreply? How much is it extra a month?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Angus said it's just cable. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

cbolt wrote:Do you got their DVR noreply? How much is it extra a month?
Don't have theirs and won't unless we have to.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Cable guy that came here told us you really don't need a DVR as much as they re-run everything all the time. In a way he has a point, they even re-run most of the sports games too now days. But he really didn't know the extra cost with the TW DVR. I'm glad I have no interest in one if it's going to be that much of a hassle. Prices don't look that bad if you used one all the time. If you are going to enjoy the luxury, you gotta pay the source. No way out of it, hardly nothing free in this world anymore and like the known fact says, you get what ya pay for, and sadly, that's is true in many ways. :cry:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Looks like I was right.Sounds like he means you can't do it.The stuff I want to replay they don't rerun like NFL games.Also there will be a lot of other stuff I will miss.It will not be a better deal for me I will have to pay much more now than before so looks like I will have to bite the bullet.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:Looks like I was right.Sounds like he means you can't do it.The stuff I want to replay they don't rerun like NFL games.Also there will be a lot of other stuff I will miss.It will not be a better deal for me I will have to pay much more now than before so looks like I will have to bite the bullet.
You might be in luck yet, I think they got an all NFL channel on there. They might replay some games late probably. Heck your up all night till the birds wake up anyways most of the time. You might catch a late replay on that station. But I don't think one DVR from them will cost that much, be worth it because you use one all the time. Ask them what the price will before they come up to change your box. Just one might not be that much with that package. Can't be anymore that my one premium Encore movie channel we got added to the package/bundle.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

cbolt...Not sure about the area you are in, but here in Zanesville, the TW DVR box my son has runs 11.25 per month and his service is 6.95 per month due to the promotion we have. Without the promotion, the service price is 12.99 per month. His box can record 2 shows if he is not watching tv at the time. The newer boxes costs 50 cents more per month and can record 6 shows at the same and 5 if you watching tv. The new boxes have a 1 terabyte hard drive and will hold 80 hours of recording time of NON HD programming.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I think that's what my pamplet says runner, 6.95. Not a bad price if you use one all the time. Ole Bolt uses his a lot, so I think he will benefit from it.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

So if I understand it right I have to pay both them fees every month? I would be paying over 24 bucks a month without the promotion? I have used my own stand alone DVR all these years so this is greek to me and a price shock lol

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:So if I understand it right I have to pay both them fees every month? I would be paying over 24 bucks a month without the promotion? I have used my own stand alone DVR all these years so this is greek to me and a price shock lol
No no, you pay for that package deal price plus the extra 6.95 for the DVR. I just looked at the pamphlet again. Pretty good deal bolt with the package too. The fee's are in the package deal they got going.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Thats better.Guess I will find out here in a couple weeks.You sure you didn't have to pay for any of that equipment or service calls?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:Thats better.Guess I will find out here in a couple weeks.You sure you didn't have to pay for any of that equipment or service calls?
Yep, I'm sure. CK made sure she ask about all of that on the phone the other day. She said if there's any trouble it's on them because it's not the customers fault unless you damage something yourself. I just was unsure about the DVR, Runner was right, 6.95, it's on my pamphlet too.

Return to “The Off season”