Ohio state

General Chat
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Ohio state

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

YIKES!!!
My beloved Buckeyes crumble to MSU's defense.
Why in the hell didn't they try cardalle jones after nothing was working?
Just horrible conditions, but OSU would have lost anyway!
No final four chances now!!!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Ohio state

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I think they didn't use Zeke enough. Good game though I thought. A team that gets on them winning streaks ends up being hunted down sooner or later. It su(ks, but now they need to get their full focus for the trip up north. Poopygan.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Hmmm. I just felt they shut eke down. He couldn't get through thar d line into the secondary. I love the Bucks, but this was just bad.
Seriously though, you're watching MSU' use two back up qb's run & pass, & you've been there all year, & that THOUGHT NEVER pops into The offensive or head coaches head?
Meyer is smarter than yesterday.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Think Zeke only ran the ball 12 or 13 times. They had JT pretty well shut down and needed to try something else. Play calling wasn't as I expected in this one. Jmo though. Can't win them all, gotta go down sooner or later. I hope they are focused and super pumped for Poopygan next Saturday, or it could be loss #2.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:Hmmm. I just felt they shut eke down. He couldn't get through thar d line into the secondary. I love the Bucks, but this was just bad.
Seriously though, you're watching MSU' use two back up qb's run & pass, & you've been there all year, & that THOUGHT NEVER pops into The offensive or head coaches head?
Meyer is smarter than yesterday.
I agree he was only getting 2.8 hard earned yards for them 12 carries he got.Coaches probably just thought he wouldn't get much more with Sparty keying on him all the time.Hate to say it,but in hindsight Jones probably would have been the best QB choice in this game with the weather like it was.His arm is stronger against the wind.It seemed as if Meyer was playing for field position and not taking chances with the weather hoping to force Sparty into making a mistakes with his defense.Barrett only had 3 more carries on the day than Elliot did with similar YPC.He has been a good runner this year also and we just got to give it up to the MSU defense they are no slouch and by far the best rushing defense this team has faced up to this point.Like trench says you can't win them all.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

12 Carries isn't enough. Jmo. Zeke might have broke something with some more try's sooner or later. JT: Could have been six one time I seen that might have been a motivator, JT over throwing Miller, Miller had the DB burnt by 15 yards, wide open, so the wind/rain wasn't much of a factor, both teams had to play in it. Yep, ya can't win them all. Got a winning streak like that and someone is always gunning for ya. One can say many things about this game but she's all over with, have to take the Big L and get ready for Poopygan, because I can almost guarantee they will be ready and it's in the Big house and Hairball has his sights on Meyer.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Well it were a bad weekend for my teams the Buckeyes, Then the Bengals.Both lost by last sceond field goals. I was drinking Luzianne Sweet Tea and feeling all down late last night and Rhonda Roussey called me and said don't feel bad Ozzie, I lost by a big kick too. At didn't make me feel any better though.

The Buckeyes had a rough go of it Saturday and lost to Michigan State by 3 at the last second by a kick. Time to regroup and get ready for Michigan Saturday. We'll get this done ya'll.

And the Bengals game looked at first like Carson Palmer of the Cardinals was sorry for leaving the Bengals. Because he threw 2 passes to the Bengals secondary/ recievers in the 1st quarter. I guess Coach Araians told him that was enough. As the Bengals lost a close one on a last second field goal as well. It was a hard fought game, But a good one. Time for the ''Big Cats'' to lick their wounds and move onto the Rams with the Steelers breathin down our necks.And oh by the way I've had quite enough crow for the weekend. As I have had to administer a whole bottle of KC Masterpice with my Crow to help it down this weekend. Lisa had to stick a shop vac down my throat to get me cleaned out for this upcoming weekend..

In a related story the Browns had a bye week and lost 23-21. Last second kick there I heard as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Yep, time for the maize & blue. Idt we have a shot @ final four unless something crazy happens.
I think our weaker schedule, as compared to others ranked for final four placement played theirs early & that's what OSU needed to do. They needed to see a good "D", do they know where they stood & could have corrected it.
It still PO's me not ONE coach ever sent in cardalle to change the tempo. He may have used his size, just like against Alabama & Oregon last year to propel the offense. I know he hasn't played as well this year, but Barrett should have taken a break. Idt cardalle would have missed that pass to Miller.
I think we take frustration over U of M.

Throw in your thoughts on playoff structure.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I still think if some upsets occur this weekend... The Buckeyes have a chance.

Return to “The Off season”