Sad news. GAHS 4-Ever passed away this evening.

General Chat
jottings
SEOPS H

Sad news. GAHS 4-Ever passed away this evening.

Post by jottings »

Steve Ebert, better known as GAHS 4-Ever, passed away around 4 p.m. today. Steve had been Ill since the end of May in 2011. Steve kept the scorebook for the GAHS Blue Angels the past 7 years and was the official scorer for the GAHS basketball team since the death of Odie O'Donnell. He will be sorely missed. Prayers go to his family.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Re: Sad news. GAHS 4-Ever passed away this evening.

Post by JohnKnight »

Sad news indeed. Prayers from Waverly.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

See you in glory Brother Steve

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

I considered Steve a good and kind friend. He will be sadly missed.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

by Hardfowl

Sad news. Steve passed away this evening.Hardfowl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Raiderball

Thoughts and prayers.
Enjoyed talking and reminiscing at the RV/GA games over the years.
Raiderball
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by mtswngrvsg

Will see you again in heaven brother.
mtswngrvsg
SEOP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
by chicken_coop
prayers for him and his family.
chicken_coop
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Vlad III the Impaler

So sad to hear this. Prayers to his family.
Vlad III the Impaler
Since there were 2 post started at about the same time I moved the post from the other to make one thread.

Sad news, Steve was a good friend and we always enjoyed playing Gallia Ac, because we knew we would be having dinner with Steve.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

We have lost a real gentleman and I have lost a good friend.........some things I remember about him was the time at the Schott when Jottings and Odie and Steve piled in my van to talk basketball-------the tail-gate parties he had when Ironton visited the French City in the fall........the many lunches we had when the "OLD BROKEN DOWN TIGER FANS" met once a month, Steve missed a few but not many, ........the many conversations we had during basketball season especially when we got together at the Convo.........and finally the last meeting with Steve at the VA hospital in Huntington last fall when myself and RiverRatRay had the opportunity to visit him and talk sports which he truely loved.......

RIP Steve

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Rest in Peace, Steve. Prayers and condolences to the Ebert family.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I just don't know what to say...........

I know he trully loved Gallia Acadamy, and he was one heck of a guy. My heart goes out to steves family and friends.

What sad news.........

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

REST IN PEACE STEVE! Prayers go out to his family.

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

Everyone knows how much Steve loved GAHS sports ...so in lieu. Of flowers please donate to the GAHS STADIUM FUND in his name.

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

the calling hours are Sunday 5-8pm at Willis Funeral home in Gallipolis. Funeral is Monday at 11am

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i would like to express my condolances as well.steve and i were very good friends , and he will be missed.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Good friend of the family as my dad and him worked together at Merillat. Got me in to my first Browns game and sold me a lot of baseball cards.

He will be missed my many.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

My heart felt condolences go out to the Ebert family... very difficult to put into words the loss of a good friend- as many of us got to know "GAHS" on the Huddle with the draw being high school sports ... anytime Gallia Academy came to town you knew that the 3 Amigos from Gallia Academy were in tow lol - Odie/GAHS/jottings - no finer group of sports gentlemen are to be found ... Odie passed first, now Steve - jottings please pass our sadness/thoughts on to Steve's family ... When Jackson built their new stadium some of us from the Huddle at the time put money together, we bought one the bricks in the JHS football stadium IF you search you will find Logan Locos, 93bulldog, jottings, 4thekids, pfloyd AND gahs4ever ...

... passing through, passing through, sometimes happy sometimes blue ... glad that I met up with you, tell them all I was only passing through ... rest in peace my friend ...

Pfloyd
Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

So sad to hear about Steve. I have several memories of Steve. He came to my husbands viewing, lunches with the gangs, good visits at the games, but I think the thing that I remember the most was when my grandaughter was a Jackson Cheerleader and he gave her a GAHS bracelette to wear so she would know who number one was. :) When she went on to become a professional cheerleader for the Crew, she always made sure he got an autographed picture of her and the Crewzers. He was a sweet man and will be missed by my family. Rest in Peace, my friend.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

I never had the honor or pleasure of knowing Mr. Ebert, however from the posts I have read over the time
I have been on this site it is easy to see his family and friends will be miss him greatly..Prayers for his
family go out from Arizona...John 11:25-26
New International Version (NIV)

25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

Family and friends will get to see him again.....

Wipala

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

With Gallia Academy's new stadium process chugging along and gaining speed, I cannot think of a better way to honor Steve than making sure his name is somewhere in the new stadium. Just like he and a few others bought a brick at Jacksons stadium, just so some place in Jackson would say GAHS4Ever. We would like to collect enough to do the same or better at GAHS so when the time comes we can use the monies collected to honor him in some way.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

The new stadium committee is planning a public meeting at GAHS on Thursday, April 19, at 7 p.m. Service club members and other civic groups are invited.

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Steve was a very personable man who was passionate in his belief of GOD, country and GAHS sports! He loved to mix it up on the site but he was as kind and gentle as they come!!

My sincere condolences to family and friends!!

gahs4ever/heart
Waterboy

Post by gahs4ever/heart »

Thank you for all your thoughts n prayers.....daddy loved GAHS and he would not want nothing more than to have contrabutions made so that the kids of GAHS will have what they deserve in the sports he loved to watch them play!!!!

Return to “The Off season”