INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

man that dadgum weedeatin wears me out. and did I ever mention I hate horseflies. I lost 4 pounds off my back with them things knawin on me while I was workin.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:48 pm man that dadgum weedeatin wears me out. and did I ever mention I hate horseflies. I lost 4 pounds off my back with them things knawin on me while I was workin.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I've been spraying grass and weed killer along stuff VS weed eating this year. Makes it so much easier, lasts longer, with no mess, and easy on the legs from flying weed debris. Specially around poison ivy and poison oak.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:48 pm man that dadgum weedeatin wears me out. and did I ever mention I hate horseflies. I lost 4 pounds off my back with them things knawin on me while I was workin.
I know what you mean about them horseflies. I got bit by one earlier this year and the mark still has not gone away. Them suckers can bite! Them deer flies aint much better either.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yeah, them things will even leave bite marks and hurt for awhile pretty bad. They like sweat and wet for some reason. Got bit on the forehead onetime while in MJ's pool couple years ago, and it hurt for a week or better. Them little sweat bee's can do a number on ya too if they sting ya in the right area. Got stung underneath the arm one year and on the back of my neck, and it's a lingering pain too for awhile.

How did it go last night, Bolt? Concert hangover today or not? :( :lol: Did ya end up buying SC's beer as well. :lol: :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Me and Big D have talked about them sweat bees. We have not seen any in years. Wonder what happened to them? Wish them dang ol stink bugs and biting flies would disappear like that but we will never get that lucky. Concert was awesome! Best I have ever seen. Not feeling too bad today but my truck has a stench of beer and cigarettes LOL. Bet that shocks you huh huh. That place was packed to the rafters, not an empty seat in the house! We were stuck on 315 about 5 miles away from Lane Ave in stopped traffic, took us over an hour to finally get there. It was a perfect storm for traffic probably as bad or worse than a OSU football game. First you got rush hour traffic on a weekday, OSU students back to class on a school day, a big concert with over 20,000 people and last but not least the Urban Meyer press conference right across the street at the Fawcett Center. When we finally got up to the Schott all the parking lots were full and closed off at the Schott, we were on our own to find a place to park while Def Leppard was just taking the stage, uggghhhh! We came up on the media parking lot for Meyers press conference and it said placard parking only, I said SC what you think should we take a chance? We getting farther away from the Schott so I whipped it in with no placard. Thought we will be lucky when we come out if we have a truck to go home in. It was still there Thank God! What a concert though, it was well worth it! Def Leppard brought the roof down! Got a video of Steve "Machine Gun" Smith doing the La Do Da drum solo. SC was in total awe and couldn't believe what he was seeing.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

That's why it's always good to arrive way early at any event etc etc. Ahhhh, SC thought Ricky Rocket brought the house down as well. :lol: :lol: Ole Steam Machine sounded better when he was younger though. If they only had Perry back instead of that chinky looking fellar. :lol: He bounces around on stage to much for me. :lol: I watched it on youtube from this year when they was in South Carolina. Pretty good. Def Leppard sounded great through this laptop going into the PA stuff. Hey give me a call from your compukeek, I gotta ask you something. It has to do with Lowes. :( At least your not hung over, but I would have never let him light a cigarette in that new truck. No way in he((. His butt would have waited till he got out to smoke.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cbolt wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:35 am Me and Big D have talked about them sweat bees. We have not seen any in years. Wonder what happened to them? Wish them dang ol stink bugs and biting flies would disappear like that but we will never get that lucky. Concert was awesome! Best I have ever seen. Not feeling too bad today but my truck has a stench of beer and cigarettes LOL. Bet that shocks you huh huh. That place was packed to the rafters, not an empty seat in the house! We were stuck on 315 about 5 miles away from Lane Ave in stopped traffic, took us over an hour to finally get there. It was a perfect storm for traffic probably as bad or worse than a OSU football game. First you got rush hour traffic on a weekday, OSU students back to class on a school day, a big concert with over 20,000 people and last but not least the Urban Meyer press conference right across the street at the Fawcett Center. When we finally got up to the Schott all the parking lots were full and closed off at the Schott, we were on our own to find a place to park while Def Leppard was just taking the stage, uggghhhh! We came up on the media parking lot for Meyers press conference and it said placard parking only, I said SC what you think should we take a chance? We getting farther away from the Schott so I whipped it in with no placard. Thought we will be lucky when we come out if we have a truck to go home in. It was still there Thank God! What a concert though, it was well worth it! Def Leppard brought the roof down! Got a video of Steve "Machine Gun" Smith doing the La Do Da drum solo. SC was in total awe and couldn't believe what he was seeing.
till I seen the def leopard part I thought ya'll was still stuck in traffic from jayzee and beyonce playin at ''the shoe'' last week bolt. ------------------------- yeah as far as the horseflies, I gotta a divot of missin backfat between the shoulder blades now that you could hide a golfball in.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and my apologies to anybody who sees me headin to church sunday with my bible. that may be in vocal range durin my horsefly escapades. I been known to lose my tongue a bit while getting bit. and yer voice really carries across the water. last year I was at huckleberry's getting more weedeatin gas and I'd been getting ate up from the things. I was packin my 9mm on my belt, as I always do doin yardwork, I was covered in mud and grass, and my sunglasses had mud all over em , because I forgot to clean them for I dove in the car. I just had to have a break from them. these had serial numbers on their wings and a usa sticker on the belly. the day before I was praying with her about cancer. and she saw me at huck's and her eyes were like silver dollars at me. I told her how sorry I was n it hit me goin to the car, and I busted out laughing, like to peed myself.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

be careful coming around the lake, the Canadian geese are getting out in the road a lot.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I about ran one over not long ago. He just strutted right out in front of me like he didn't have a care in the world. He was lucky I was an animal loving human being or he would have been toast.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yeah, they just walk around in geese parades here, and will come out anywhere without looking. especially be careful on the 220 side where I live. because they come right out from the other side of the guardrail. they just hop right over.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I just put some pictures on my facebook page. you can see the geese walking alongside the guardrail. you have to be careful, cause they'll just hop right over into the road.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:55 pm I about ran one over not long ago. He just strutted right out in front of me like he didn't have a care in the world. He was lucky I was an animal loving human being or he would have been toast.
Was that on Raw sewage Rd, Bolt?

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Can't remember where it was. I don't remember seeing too many of them out there, must be too much sewage even for them :lol: . I think it was up there around Reynoldsburg somewhere one of them times I was heading to SC'S.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

He was probably trying to make his way back to the Airport Golf Course. :lol: Got off his flight path chasing some female geese needing some tail. :lol: Them things poopy everywhere. I don't know how people avoid stepping in it at that golf course. When I golfed there I remember seeing it laying everywhere in different spots, and hoping my ball wouldn't end up in some. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they do leave a mess. fortunately they never get in my yard other than a couple of times. sometimes they get on the boat dock, but usually only a couple at a time. but some of the houses here they cover the plains like buffalo.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

or tatanka if you like DANCING WITH WOLVES.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Toxic algae on the lake?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

have they said that flush, it looks bad on my end. all that dang koon tail grass, and stagnant looking back here.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

flush it looks to me back here like an algea bloom, but I've not heard anything about it.

Return to “The Off season”