INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

It should be . I've had my pontoon through there by bills bait house. the dam is taller now which should translate to deeper water at full pool. I just trimmed my motor up a bit. and speaking of bills bait house. rick recently sold the baithouse. you know his son rory died in a car accident, and his wife died I think Wednesday from cancer.i ran into him in town the day after. and somebody told me rick has cancer as well. wonderful people I always thought. I've not met the new owners yet, but hear they are really good people as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Do they sell beer in there Bait?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

NO

but there are carryouts here everywhere, as well as all the gas stations do. right before you get to the lake there is a place called huckleberries about a half mile for you turn into the lake they have all that, sell some bait, smokes, lottery tickets , gas.have a deli, and even sell pizza, and biscuit sammiches. all your basic fishin needs I spect. if you wanna fish with swimmers you'll have to go to bill's bait house. they'll have everything from goldfish, to crappie n bass minners, isrealies, to frozed up gizzard shad, worms of all types and factory prepared dip baits n punch baits, to strawberry carp balls. as far as bait.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I just re read that and I mean,dang that's funny I don't care who you are. and I wasn't even trying. I mean them pink balls with anise n strawberry that comes pre packaged. I catch all kinda variaties of fish on them.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

still getting a mess of rain here.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

me hopes we have a very wet winter as far as rain, not snow.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

as far as resturants here there is everything from the French tavern, to dakotas, to bob evans, tim hortons, burger king, mcdonalds, kfc ,freds pizza has a buffet from 11:30 to 1. daylight donuts, arby's, a pulled pork place, diner 23, etc.if any of ya'll bring a boat. I can show you where to put in at right by my house. you are more than welcome to park at my house. and if you want to fish a while then get out n eat. I gotta big ole dock you could tie up to whilst you eat. no charge, course I could always use a dozen minners. or a coke.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

one of the things I think will be a plus that most residents here don't is there is still some tall grass n cat tails in places that never got mowed. and will likely take years to rot back here on my end. if we get stocked right, this will make excellent fish structure for hatching n hidin fish. and would be great for plastic frogs and weedless stuff as well jigs/tubes/worms n the like.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Them strawberry carp balls sound pretty good bait,I might eat one of them myself :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Heck, why just one? :lol: :lol: Have strawberry carp ball shortcake. :lol: :lol: :lol: Get the ole sugar count raging high Bolt. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they do smell kinda good. people look at me like I'm nuts when I use them. but I catch a big variety of fish on them. and sit right there on my dock and put just a pinch of one on a micro hook and catch bluegills fer catfish bait.-------------- also I was thinking of some other eateries up here, there is a Giovanni's, cardo's pizza, a japanese place, a couple small diners, and next to Giovanni's there is a whit's custard. they have awesome stuff , and it's to die for. I'm friends with the owners , we go to church with them.and piketon has several nice places to eat as well. and chilli is like 15 minutes away.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we've had so much rain here, and they are just pumping it out as fast as they can.straight out to the river. I'm really discouraged. we could have already had a full lake. everybody at the lake is heartbroken. odnr said they'll start retaining water the 31st of January, but I hope they stick to their guns, and do so. with this mild water had they retained this water they've pumped out, they could have restocked early and gave the fishery a jump start.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

speakin of drainin the swamp. these big goof balls here have basically LET ALL OUR WATER OUT. I don't understand it all. had we retained this water of the last several we could have had a near full lake. or at least to winter pool. January 31st is the day they are going to start letting it fill, let's hope they stick to that.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well today is the day the ODNR said that they will start retaining water in the lake. forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical. because we had a very nice basin of water all the way up to the lake white clubs dock. but it has been released. I hope they get everything back together and get it stocked. look me up in the future and we'll take a spin on the ole JD gator, burn something on the grill, play some pool, have a bonfire, and catch some fish. if you're friends with me on facebook, just hit me up there. Tom Osborne 56 Waverly,Oh. the big ole redhead. we'll plan a day.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

It won't rain again for months now.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that would be my luck flush.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

or they back the date up till the 4th of july.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

90% chance of Rain and possible storms Tuesday Bait. Be good for the Lake, if they don't let it out again.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

trench all that rain we had the past couple of weeks, they dumped it out. we had a very good start.a good pool all the way up to the lake white club from the 104 side and a huge channel coming down from pee pee creek. and they released it all. supposedly some finishing touches on the dam required it. the rubber will meet the road now we'll see if they intend to keep water or not now. the whole project road wise is said that it will be june or july before completion, but you'll see why when you see what was done.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the main reason road wise is waiting on asphalt plants to be up and running they say.

Return to “The Off season”