INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I have yet to see it. but I've seen pictures of it.it's been spotted several times in front of my house in the road and lakebed.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

bonfires going off everywhere around here at night burning up the ole logs n stumps. the vallerys took over the marina. they tore out all the ole docks at the marina. lance is putting in all new docks , and has done a ton of dozing over there. there is development going on about a bunch of dock sites. I think the vallery's will turn the marina into something really nice. it's a nice building just needs some work done. and I'd say he'll have the repair shop with a full time mechanic. a mr. goodwrench if you will.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes ole bob that ran the marina moved down to sunny florida.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think the dam project is winding down. I talked to the odnr headquarters, there was a rumor that the lake would be recreational only and they were not going to stock it. I heard back from them and that is not true. they also had not heard anything similar to that. they are allowing more water in near the dam.the new locks seem to be as much as 18'' higher to me if they allow it to get that high. the dam project is right on time. I think the concrete work on the actual dam is done. what they are behind on per odnr Kathleen , won't give last name. she said that the bridge and 104 project is behind schedule. it looks as though most efforts are in that area now as well as working below the dam, and changing the intersection there. 104 remains closed just as wide as the lake is. 551 remains closed right at the ranger station, but if you know the area you can detour around that and get to 104. boswell run is very busy be careful there, narrow road, gravel road. a lot of traffic from 220 is diverting across boswell to get to 104 and the water company. they will be stocking saugeye, channel catfish, and bass according to what I was told. cannot imagine them not stocking flatheads, bluegill or crappie. but they'll get in there one way or another through pee pee creek. also we were getting a good population of small perch in there as well. before it went down. the more I can find out. i'll let you all know.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

The asphalt plants will be shutting down for the winter soon (if not already). If they don't get it done now if won't get done until spring. The important part if completing the dam and spillway so that the lake can fill by spring and return to use next year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

flush they talked like they were using all concrete is my understanding. but your right. I don't care if that part takes 2 more years, just get us back in water, so we can try to recover the fishery here.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

I assumed that the bridge over the spillway would be concrete, but that the road along the dam would be asphalt.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't know. I keep wanting to stop and ask, I may next time I go through and see what I can find out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it appears the dam project is complete the focus now is on the bridge and 104. more and more water is seeping into the lake.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Sounds good Bait.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IT'S BEEN 2 YEARS WITH NO WATER. I'M READY TRENCH.THE PLUS SIDE IS I GOT TO BUILD A BIG ADDITION ON MY DOCK. SO I CAN HOST ME SOME SEOPS POSTERS HERE TO DRINK SOME LUZIANNE SWEET TEA WITH AND STRETCH A FISHING LINE WITH. AND I HAVE ONE OF THE BIGGEST LAKE FRONTAGES ON THE LAKE. SO WE CAN LINE DOWN THE BANK AND SURROUND THEM, AND HAVE A FISH FRY SEOP STYLE. I PRAISE GOD FOR EVERYDAY THIS SIDE OF THE GRASS.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:IT'S BEEN 2 YEARS WITH NO WATER. I'M READY TRENCH.THE PLUS SIDE IS I GOT TO BUILD A BIG ADDITION ON MY DOCK. SO I CAN HOST ME SOME SEOPS POSTERS HERE TO DRINK SOME LUZIANNE SWEET TEA WITH AND STRETCH A FISHING LINE WITH. AND I HAVE ONE OF THE BIGGEST LAKE FRONTAGES ON THE LAKE. SO WE CAN LINE DOWN THE BANK AND SURROUND THEM, AND HAVE A FISH FRY SEOP STYLE. I PRAISE GOD FOR EVERYDAY THIS SIDE OF THE GRASS.
Like to pull up to your new dock someday in an 800 horse drag boat and take ya'll rides around the lake. :) 8-) 8-) Is there a ramp close by ya Bait, to put boats in and out of the water?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes there are 3 ramps right near my house. the big one is around at the ranger station. the closest ramp to me is about 80/90 yards from my house. that's the one I ride my gator down into the lakebed on to work on the dock and rip rap. -------------------- I talked to some workers yesterday. I pulled down there in the truck. I asked a lot of questions. basically the dam itself is done. the locks are up at the fullest level. any water we get should be retained at this point. ------------ the road on 104 will remain closed until spring though. on the side of the lake towards the water on 104 they have blown in gunnite and rcc concrete and created a wall that faces the water. and then in front of that put huge riprap. on the back wait till you see it, the dam is enourmous, and all the way down the road on the back there is rcc concrete poured in huge steps all the way up to the road, the steps are like 10 feet tall each. the wing dams are huge. and they have done this all along the back of the road as well on 104. it's completely impressive looking. and the guys told me the bridge and road was what was behind schedule. they have to por like 8 inches of concrete on 104. then a layer of asphalt over that. but asphalt plants are basically all closed this time of year. so the asph. will be done next spring. they are making a huge re-route of the creek between huckleberry's and the dam. the once narrow shallow creek that flooded those fields is long gone. they have made an emourmous creek with bends and very wide. they are down there dozing and bringing in enourmous rip rap from the pits in latham. that will be an excellent place to fish as well as it will be backwaters from the dam, and directly connected to the Scioto river. they said there will be a smaller crew there through the winter finishing concrete and dirt work. but it will be spring before completed, so 104 will remain closed through the winter, as well as 551 there at the ranger station. and any water we get at this point will stay here. that's all I know at this point. i'll let you know if I hear anything else. and there were rumors they were not restocking the lake. but those are false, because I spoke with the ODNR in Columbus. they confirmed that was not true. plus when the lake fills we'll be getting fish, minnows and shad and chubs n stuff in from pee pee creek. so we're bout there.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TRENCHFOOT wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:IT'S BEEN 2 YEARS WITH NO WATER. I'M READY TRENCH.THE PLUS SIDE IS I GOT TO BUILD A BIG ADDITION ON MY DOCK. SO I CAN HOST ME SOME SEOPS POSTERS HERE TO DRINK SOME LUZIANNE SWEET TEA WITH AND STRETCH A FISHING LINE WITH. AND I HAVE ONE OF THE BIGGEST LAKE FRONTAGES ON THE LAKE. SO WE CAN LINE DOWN THE BANK AND SURROUND THEM, AND HAVE A FISH FRY SEOP STYLE. I PRAISE GOD FOR EVERYDAY THIS SIDE OF THE GRASS.
Like to pull up to your new dock someday in an 800 horse drag boat and take ya'll rides around the lake. :) 8-) 8-) Is there a ramp close by ya Bait, to put boats in and out of the water?
that sounds like a plan hoss. I hope your prayers get answered.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:yes there are 3 ramps right near my house. the big one is around at the ranger station. the closest ramp to me is about 80/90 yards from my house. that's the one I ride my gator down into the lakebed on to work on the dock and rip rap. -------------------- I talked to some workers yesterday. I pulled down there in the truck. I asked a lot of questions. basically the dam itself is done. the locks are up at the fullest level. any water we get should be retained at this point. ------------ the road on 104 will remain closed until spring though. on the side of the lake towards the water on 104 they have blown in gunnite and rcc concrete and created a wall that faces the water. and then in front of that put huge riprap. on the back wait till you see it, the dam is enourmous, and all the way down the road on the back there is rcc concrete poured in huge steps all the way up to the road, the steps are like 10 feet tall each. the wing dams are huge. and they have done this all along the back of the road as well on 104. it's completely impressive looking. and the guys told me the bridge and road was what was behind schedule. they have to por like 8 inches of concrete on 104. then a layer of asphalt over that. but asphalt plants are basically all closed this time of year. so the asph. will be done next spring. they are making a huge re-route of the creek between huckleberry's and the dam. the once narrow shallow creek that flooded those fields is long gone. they have made an emourmous creek with bends and very wide. they are down there dozing and bringing in enourmous rip rap from the pits in latham. that will be an excellent place to fish as well as it will be backwaters from the dam, and directly connected to the Scioto river. they said there will be a smaller crew there through the winter finishing concrete and dirt work. but it will be spring before completed, so 104 will remain closed through the winter, as well as 551 there at the ranger station. and any water we get at this point will stay here. that's all I know at this point. i'll let you know if I hear anything else. and there were rumors they were not restocking the lake. but those are false, because I spoke with the ODNR in Columbus. they confirmed that was not true. plus when the lake fills we'll be getting fish, minnows and shad and chubs n stuff in from pee pee creek. so we're bout there.
Sounds like it's going to be really nice when it's finished. 8-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't think it's something they'll ever have to re-do in my lifetime trench. won't be long we can stretch a line together.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I don't think it's something they'll ever have to re-do in my lifetime trench. won't be long we can stretch a line together.
Sounds good.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

personally i's like to see bout 4 days of heavy rain here in waverly.
fill this bad boy up.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if you all have not been this way in a while. you are really going to be surprised at how this project looks. you talk about the concrete, this baby has it. and the dam is so much bigger now.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Sounds nice and strong, and will be around for decades to come.

Return to “The Off season”