INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
cbolt
SEOP

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by cbolt »

How many people can get in there bait? I might have to play pool while you and trench are out galavanting around. Or i could bring my bring my big orange monster down in my kruck and tail gate you guys.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Better bring your bike, Bolt. :lol: :lol: :lol: All three of us is probably bigger than the gator itself. :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

cbolt wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:39 am How many people can get in there bait? I might have to play pool while you and trench are out galavanting around. Or i could bring my bring my big orange monster down in my kruck and tail gate you guys.
trust me when I tell ya I've had some big ole boys in there , myself included. the 3 of us will be just fine. one would have to sit in the back, as it only has one row of seats. but trust me when I tell you I have had some monster heavy loads on there. she'll be fine. I have had multiple stones in there before that were probably well over 400 pounds apiece.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it's basically the size of maybe an ole geo tracker.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I know them things are tough, sturdy, and built to work if needed. I was talking about the seating situation. Have a sore behind if you set in the bed too long bouncing around. :lol: :lol: - unless it has an optional put in/take out seat back there. That wouldn't be bad.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have a back seat that bolts in but I have my john deere gator toolbox in that space. I just keep so much stuff in there that I need in there, that I use daily. but there is ample bedroom . and we could use some plush seat covers to sit on. I don't have enough riders to warrant leaving the jump seat in from cabela's. generally it's me and somebody else. and it is too hard getting the tool box in and out to change them. we'll have room, trust me.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

MAN THE LAKE WAS A HOPPIN SUNDAY. FISHERMAN EVERYWHERE, BOATS EVERYWHERE. WONDERFUL WEATHER. PEOPLE TRYING TO GET IN SOME WATER TIME BEFORE WINTER.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the lake looks beautiful right now. they continue to work on the back of the dam on the seepage boils. but the lake held water great this year. we had an extremely rainy spring, too much rain actually as far as farmers are concerned. the early summer had a few very hard beatdown rains, but since then it has been an extremely dry summer otherwise. they are hauling an unbelievable amount of stone out of latham and bringing it to the back of the dam. all day long the huge semi's loaded down with huge stones continue as they go down 220 past the house all day long. this Africa heat has really turned up the activity here on the lake as people are getting in as much time on the water as they can before winter.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bet the area around there is a beauty on the lake when the leaves start to get color/fall time. In the heart of peak fall foliage.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

oh man, the very best time in the world for a gator ride here is like halfway through the fall. leaves all turned, but not falling yet.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:48 pm oh man, the very best time in the world for a gator ride here is like halfway through the fall. leaves all turned, but not falling yet.
I bet. Weather channel will have peak times for best foliage coming up soon for all areas in the country. I'll watch for best times for southern Ohio, Bait. It's around the same time every year but it can change a bit from time to time with moisture content vs dry conditions. Windy times can ruin good fall foliage peak as well. Looking good so far for a good perfect foliage explosion for deep reds, oranges and yellows. :)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

good lord willin and the creek don't rise, i'll be here.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Heard a weatherman say last night it will be later this year with the dry hot weather we been having.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they'll be falling off early, if we don't get some substantial rain soon.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Shorter sunlight and cold temperatures also play a big roll in leaves dying and falling off. Cold weather causes the fluid in the leaves to freeze and die off. Less sunlight cause the trees to produce less chlorophyll

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, someone must have did some research. :lol: Weather channel mentioned all that on their weather classroom show they have. But mainly it's moisture (too much or too little that messes with it. Fall time would have better longer colors if everything balances out just right, and no wind to blow them off too quick. But perfect foliage is rare, but does happen from time to time, chances this year are good for many different areas around the country. Vermont is the prettiest place on average for fall foliage seekers. Who has the time, transportation, or money to go check it out over there though. :lol: Not me. :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:07 pm they'll be falling off early, if we don't get some substantial rain soon.
Yep, but don't want too much though. It will cut down on deep colors.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:43 pm Heard a weatherman say last night it will be later this year with the dry hot weather we been having.
For some areas it will. More warm stuff coming too. Pulled that big limb out of that big hickory tree out at MJ's yesterday morning. BS's truck. :) Had to yank for awhile and different positions but it finally fell out. :lol: Ole BS got him a basket full of nuts. That tree is loaded this year with them. Squirrels are having a feast this year out there and filling their nest I bet getting ready for winter. Seen two run out of there when we pulled around back.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

SEO didn't make the cut.

Return to “The Off season”