It's a set up...

General Chat
Ground Buck
All Conference

It's a set up...

Post by Ground Buck »

Folks be careful when ever you "quote" a post by another poster. I have fallen victim to a scam. I have on a few occasions "quoted" or copied and pasted quotes from other posts only to have the original post changed or deleted by the OP. The most recent time this happened I was warned, and we now (coincidentally ;)) have a new rule about this. Therefore, I believe someone is trying to set people up. So beware.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Re: It's a set up...

Post by Ground Buck »

And I now see that when they disagree they try to hide the thread in a different topic

Wow timmy

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This is a complaint put out on a open forum which is against site rules. To my knowledge this was not taken to a moderator or administration. I put it as a sticky until tomorrow morning so it doesn't look like it was moved to hide. It didn't have anything to do with football plus it has been viewed by 50 plus after being moved with no one posting on it other than the person that posted the topic.

It is 60 plus now

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

noreply66 wrote:This is a complaint put out on a open forum which is against site rules. To my knowledge this was not taken to a moderator or administration. I put it as a sticky until tomorrow morning so it doesn't look like it was moved to hide. It didn't have anything to do with football plus it has been viewed by 50 plus after being moved with no one posting on it other than the person that posted the topic.

It is 60 plus now
The complaint was taken to a moderator. The complaint is not about a moderator, so I don't see how it is against site rules. Many complaints are made and never moved to this forum. It only happens on the football forum so that is why I posted it there. Are these "rules" posted any where that we can all see them? Or are they made up as we go?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Our rule has always been

Please be respectful of the site, fellow posters, and the staff of this site. If you have a complaint, then please contact an Administrator or Moderator and inform them of the problem. Using the open forum for such complaints is not acceptable.

This has been a rule for as long as I have been on here. As many have.

Before we made the change most everything ran smooth and then when we came here there was several members with several usernames and it made a lot of problems for the Mods. These members would post making it look like a lot of members were saying the samething where it was only a few. Now that Matt is back to looking at the sign ups it is once again going smooth. This doesn't mean that we have fixed where each member just has one username.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

I really don't care how many usernames one person has. I have never seen a rule against that either. What I don't like is when someone complains about something and it is taken as the Gospel. Yet when others complain it is ignored. I think the site got better when Matt ask us to post our concerns. That way a complaint didn't go apparently ignored. For instance, I did pm a moderator about the foolishness about me being set up and then me getting warned. I got no response so I posted it, and my post was soon there after moved. So I will do what you say and contact the Administrator about it. As for all these rules that seem to appear out of no where after some one supposedly complains about something, it would be nice if those rules were actually posted somewhere. That way it doesn't give the appearance of some people getting preferential treatment.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With getting close to 110 views it looks like it wasn't hid after all.

150 plus now....

Return to “The Off season”