Imagine that....another thread locked

General Chat
CHUPALA!!!
Waterboy

Imagine that....another thread locked

Post by CHUPALA!!! »

SSSSHHHHHHHh.......dont say anything bad about Logan or Athens. The mods can't take it.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Imagine that....another thread locked

Post by Raider6309 »

CHUPALA!!! wrote:SSSSHHHHHHHh.......dont say anything bad about Logan or Athens. The mods can't take it.
You can make fun of Athens. Fire away

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it's evident that nearly nobody is posting here. that may well be the problem.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the place is all but closed. and I miss it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Banned4ever
Waterboy

Post by Banned4ever »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:the place is all but closed. and I miss it.
Me too

Nice weather always slows the traffic on here. Plus most schools are pretty much done with sports for the year.

Once we get to July and football is close it will pick up.

The only thing that could hurt is if the nazimods keep it clamped down as a no fun zone. Seems like they do a lot of that now. Odds are good one will get on here and say they are protecting kids but I rarely see any of that. A little trash talk however is just kinda fun. Sadly this site is dominated by people who can't take it or don't understand it.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Kids should be off limits BUT Coaches, school systems are fair game since we pay there salaries and pay outrageous property taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

LHS 72 wrote:Kids should be off limits BUT Coaches, school systems are fair game since we pay there salaries and pay outrageous property taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree. I try to keep my posts positive

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:Kids should be off limits BUT Coaches, school systems are fair game since we pay there salaries and pay outrageous property taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree. I try to keep my posts positive
I call a spade a spade if there is a problem with a Coach or school or even an out of line poster I will call them out! BUT not young kids!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

say what you want about a coach or school.....but if that coach or school ask for something to be deleted and it is well known it is the school or coach asking I will deleted it. Something people might want to know is a lot of posters deleted their own post and then others think a mod does it. A mod can see everything that is deleted. I came on here around the first of the year and I would say posters have deleted more of their own post.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

But you also closed a topic that had over 5 pages of discussion bc you didnt agree that it was still progressing?? Since it was closed it has had over 900 views. I think we have too many guys with too much authority. Being a former Mod myself; I think we need to have a little more tolerance for the topics at hand and put down the itchy trigger fingers.

Live Like A Champion!
Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

WOW... I am a teacher and a coach. And to see a post like "we pay their salary" so we should be able to say what we want is the exact reason why kids are they way they are today. Too much entitlement. Who are you? What do you do? Do you go out and give up time away from your family and personal life to help kids? Or are you the guy who knows everything about coaching but doesn't have the "time" to do it?

I pay taxes too. Does that mean I am self employed??? If so, then you can shut your mouth and I will do my job the way I want!

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

LogangradKD wrote:But you also closed a topic that had over 5 pages of discussion bc you didnt agree that it was still progressing?? Since it was closed it has had over 900 views. I think we have too many guys with too much authority. Being a former Mod myself; I think we need to have a little more tolerance for the topics at hand and put down the itchy trigger fingers.
This.

15 different people (that doesn't count the two troll posters) had posted in slightly over 24 hours. First it was, "I'm going to give this one more day." Then half an hour later it was locked because ... ? If different people expressing the same point in different ways is just the "same old thing," Then you might as well make every thread a poll and ask who agrees/disagrees with the main post and disallow any conversation over it.

One sensitive guy who takes his "power" a little too seriously has killed a couple of Ohio-sports-based message boards already. If the OP was still responding to counterpoints and obviously handling different opinions just fine, why would anyone else feel the need to shut it down? If it was "the same old thing," we would all eventually get bored and stop posting; we're adults, we don't really need to be policed on when our conversations are no longer interesting to us.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

LogangradKD wrote:But you also closed a topic that had over 5 pages of discussion bc you didnt agree that it was still progressing?? Since it was closed it has had over 900 views. I think we have too many guys with too much authority. Being a former Mod myself; I think we need to have a little more tolerance for the topics at hand and put down the itchy trigger fingers.
Exactly

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

enigmaax wrote:
This.

15 different people (that doesn't count the two troll posters) had posted in slightly over 24 hours. First it was, "I'm going to give this one more day." Then half an hour later it was locked because ... ? If different people expressing the same point in different ways is just the "same old thing," Then you might as well make every thread a poll and ask who agrees/disagrees with the main post and disallow any conversation over it.

One sensitive guy who takes his "power" a little too seriously has killed a couple of Ohio-sports-based message boards already. If the OP was still responding to counterpoints and obviously handling different opinions just fine, why would anyone else feel the need to shut it down? If it was "the same old thing," we would all eventually get bored and stop posting; we're adults, we don't really need to be policed on when our conversations are no longer interesting to us.
You nailed it too. The mods on here, except for (93bulldog) are the reason I quit posting and hardly ever visit the site anymore.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

enigmaax wrote:
This.

Boom.

Live Like A Champion!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Are you 100% sure I closed the topic?

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

"This topic isn't going anywhere. Same thing is said over and over just a few words being changed. Might give it another day before closing it."

This is what you wrote two posts before it was closed.

"Same old thing." This was the last thing you posted as it was closed.

I would do the math and guess yes you did close it; but if you didnt I would wager you had something to do with it based on those two comments alone.

Live Like A Champion!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I didn't think so

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

HA! Well if you didnt that defense would never hold up in court....

Live Like A Champion!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

LogangradKD wrote:HA! Well if you didnt that defense would never hold up in court....
and you wouldn't have a case to start with :lol:

Return to “The Off season”