Your Opinion - Marines Taking Leaks On Enemy

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Your Opinion - Marines Taking Leaks On Enemy

Post by kantuckyII »

Gawl dang..now they're going to prosecute these guys over peeing on the dead bods of those who just tried to kill them and who regularly torment and torture innocent civilians in their reign of terror? What do you think? Should they prosecute them?
Marines probe video depicting urination on corpses
By ROBERT BURNS | Associated Press – 1 hr 41 mins ago....Email
Share4Print......WASHINGTON (AP) — The Marine Corps said Wednesday it is investigating a video depicting what appears to be four Marines urinating on the corpses of Taliban fighters.

In a statement, the Marine Corps said it has not verified the origin or authenticity of the YouTube video. But it also said the actions portrayed are not consistent with Marine values.

If verified the video could create a strong backlash in the Muslim world and beyond for the disrespectful actions it portrays.

The case is being referred to the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, the Navy's worldwide law enforcement organization, said NCIS spokesman Ed Buice.

The Council on Islamic-American Relations, a prominent Muslim civil rights and advocacy group based in Washington, quickly condemned the video.

"We condemn this apparent desecration of the dead as a violation of our nation's military regulations and of international laws of war prohibiting such disgusting and immoral actions," the group wrote in a letter faxed to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.

"If verified as authentic, the video shows behavior that is totally unbecoming of American military personnel and that could ultimately endanger other soldiers and civilians," the letter said.

Marine Corps headquarters at the Pentagon said, "The actions portrayed are not consistent with our core values and are not indicative of the character of the Marines in our Corps. This matter will be fully investigated."

A Marine Corps spokesman, Lt. Col. Stewart Upton, added, "Allegations of Marines not doing the right thing in regard to dead Taliban insurgents are very serious and, if proven, represent a failure to adhere to the high standards expected of American military personnel."

A Pentagon spokesman, Navy Capt. John Kirby, said the video is deeply troubling.

"Whoever it is, and whatever the circumstances — which we know is under investigation — it is egregious behavior," Kirby said.

It is unclear who shot the video and who posted it online.

KVDW
SE

Re: Your Opinion - Marines Taking Leaks On Enemy

Post by KVDW »

they were probably just trying to use the ammonia to kill the fleas on them. the guy that took the video is the one that should be urinated on..........

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Im sorry, but those guys are in the wrong here. No matter what they do to our dead nothing justifies you lowering yourself to their standards. If you want to leave a mark leave playing cards or business cards on them so their buddies know exactly who killed them. Urinating on them is beyond anything that is called for and they should be prosecuted.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

i kinda thought you lowered yourself to their level when you killed them... but that's just me.

a couple ounces of lead in them is OK but a couple ounces of whiz on them isn't?

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Exactly killing them is fine, but desecrating the bodies is not.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

war is hell.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

I agree 100% with TC..........You are just justifying their hatred of us...........They will use this as another recruiting tool to gain access to more Muslim youth..........War is hell, and people die, and people die in horrible ways......But this is just not the way Americans should act............I am embarrassed as an American for this behavior.............I suppose, KVDV, you thought My Lai was O.K..........Shameful........... :12224

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

had to put him out somehow

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

The UCMJ will take care of this.........

Military Justice will prevail

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I think there's some higher ups who are blowing smoke

anyway, a Tailban leaders has denounced this calling it attrocious
Then, I read this from CNN's website from a US release of Taliban activities this past June:
U.S. releases Taliban 'catalogue of atrocities'

The White House expanded the information war against the Taliban Thursday, releasing a report documenting what it called "atrocities" committed by the Taliban and Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda network.The report, released in Washington, London and Islamabad, listed media accounts over the past several weeks, including allegations that the Taliban killed eight boys who laughed at soldiers, burned an entire family alive, and killed 100 Afghans and hung their bodies from lamp posts to warn would-be defectors.The report also includes allegations of atrocities dating back to September 1996, when the Taliban captured Afghanistan's capital city of Kabul, castrated the country's president and killed and tortured his brother, according to the U.S. Department of Defense

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

abuck76 wrote:I agree 100% with TC..........You are just justifying their hatred of us...........They will use this as another recruiting tool to gain access to more Muslim youth..........War is hell, and people die, and people die in horrible ways......But this is just not the way Americans should act............I am embarrassed as an American for this behavior.............I suppose, KVDV, you thought My Lai was O.K..........Shameful........... :12224
they don't need any justification for hating us.... it's in their creed.... ask the 3,000 from 911.

i don't know anything about Your Lai.... but my guess would be that it was shameful.

please don't put words in my mouth.

if you are another embarrassed American, next time your boss goes to the east and bows to everybody, maybe you can go with him.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

KVDW wrote:
abuck76 wrote:I agree 100% with TC..........You are just justifying their hatred of us...........They will use this as another recruiting tool to gain access to more Muslim youth..........War is hell, and people die, and people die in horrible ways......But this is just not the way Americans should act............I am embarrassed as an American for this behavior.............I suppose, KVDV, you thought My Lai was O.K..........Shameful........... :12224

i don't know anything about Your Lai
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai educate yourself

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

By kdvw not knowing anything about My Lai,which does not surprise me, shows his minimal range.......... :12224

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

yeah, everybody's stupid except Asuck. :mrgreen: :lol:

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Is it something they should be doing, no. but haven't anyone learned yet, if you're going to do stupid crap, don't do it on camera. difficult to deny you did it with a picture of your willy in your hand.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

washing their sins away with those golden showers

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I'm fairly certain that KVDW knows what My Lai is. I'm also fairly certain he's just mocking abuck. However, to compare this incident with My Lai is just one more bizarre statement by Abuck!

Let me also say that Islam doesn't need a reason to hate us or want to kill us. Please stop blaming their evil on us! Islam, by it's very nature, is a religion of hatred and violence. It's founder was a violent pedophile and his adherents continue to the practise of beheading and terrorizing innocent people, a practise that he himself began. They even hate each other. Heck, there's been over 120 people Muslims blown up by Muslims in two separate incidents in Iraq in the last week alone!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

No Kantucky, you're wrong on this one. Peeing on enemy dead is how it starts. Next comes cutting off body parts, but thats not enough and soon our soldiers are killing whole villages. American soldiers have spent over 200 years fighting and dying to earn a reputation as one of the best and most honorable armed forces in the world for jag offs like these Marines to act like that. There's a code of conduct that US soldiers must follow and these guys did not.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

Written by Rep. Allen West from Florida..

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

I don't blame the Marines pissing. I blame the sicko who filmed it. Why do you need to film another guy's junk and then use that against your friends? War is hell. Killing is far worse than pissing on someone. Combat stress, you don't know what those boys have been through. It wasn't an atrocity committed upon innocents, it was an act of defiance against an enemy and one that need not have been filmed. I can say, from the comfort and safety of my living room, that it wasn't a good thing to do. Would I ever tell those boys that? HELL NO. They've earned to right to a little (a lot) bit of a pass for acting civilized. Their job is savage. It's unfortunate that it happened, but it's far more unfortunate that they were there at all.

This is a non-issue. Patton pissed all over Germany.

Return to “The Off season”