Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

"Remember this, the choices you make in life, make you"

- John Wooden

"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."

- unknown

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

My wife loves the show, I think he is a IDIOT. I wont even watch him.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

I cannot even stand to see him when the tv is muting I swear I still hear his droning voice

- John Wooden

- unknown

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

so whats he talking about

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

nagging these poor men about marrying I guess

- John Wooden

- unknown

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

SOMEBODY TOLD ME ONCE, HE USED TO BE A LINEBACKER AT PENN STATE. IS THIS TRUE. :shock:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:SOMEBODY TOLD ME ONCE, HE USED TO BE A LINEBACKER AT PENN STATE. IS THIS TRUE. :shock:

I doubt it.

He is a Texas boy.

I can't stand him either!

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Correction!

He is an Oklahoma boy but grew up in Texas.

McGraw was born in Vinita, Oklahoma, the son of Jerry (née Stevens) and Joe McGraw.[3] He grew up with two older sisters, Deana and Donna, and younger sister, Brenda[4], in the oilfields of North Texas, where his father was an equipment supplier. During McGraw's childhood, his family moved so his father could pursue a lifelong dream of becoming a psychologist. McGraw attended Shawnee Mission North High School in Mission, Kansas. In 1968, he was awarded a football scholarship to the University of Tulsa, where he played middle linebacker under Coach Glenn Dobbs (father of Gary Dobbs, who later went into business with McGraw). On November 23rd of that year McGraw's team lost to the University of Houston 100-6, which is still one of the most lopsided games in college football history.[5][6] Coach Dobbs retired after that season, and McGraw transferred to Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, Texas, where he graduated in 1975 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology. He went on to earn a Master's degree in experimental psychology in 1976, and a Ph.D in clinical psychology in 1979 at the University of North Texas[7], where his dissertation was titled "Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Psychological Intervention." He also participated in the swimming programs at the two schools.[8]

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE. I DON'T LIKE HIM EITHER. :-D

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

I love watching this show! I know he is no longer a licensed doctor, but I view it as any other talk show. I think his wife tells him what to say the majority of the time tho.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Terminology - a Psychiatrist by definition has attended Medical School and has an "M.D." [doctor] in his/her title.
A Psychologist has a PhD [also titled Doctor, but not a "Medical Doctor"].
In order for an individual to conduct/provide individual clinical therapy to patients, most States have "licensure" requirements which require proof of educational and training credentials, and mandate "continuing education" for the practitioner.
The fact that Phil McGraw no longer holds a Texas "license" to conduct individual therapy sessions with patients in Texas, is meaningless with regard to his educational credentials. He earned a PhD, and therefore is, and always will be, entitled to be called "Dr." Since he now lives in California, why should he maintain a Texas license?
I am an R.N., but I only ever worked in Ohio, so I only had an Ohio license, never a KY or WV one to practice in those States. Now that I am retired I no longer pay the fees or complete continuing education requirements, so I am no longer "licensed", but I am still an R.N. by virtue of my diploma and passing the State Board Exam.
All that "definition" stuff aside, I think Dr. Phil's emphasis on behavioral psychology has many beneficial aspects, and can provide most of us with the tools and thinking to make positive changes in our lives if we choose.
Last edited by caglewis on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I will watch it sometime--just depends on what they are talking about

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

I do think that he still has the knowledge that he had to have to get his doctorate, but since he is not licensed it makes the show a lot like other talk shows on tv.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Say "He's full of crap" outloud and go to the next channel........ :lol:

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Steely Dan wrote:Say "He's full of crap" outloud and go to the next channel........ :lol:

yep that is the nice thing of the mute on that remote along with the next channel button :lol:

- John Wooden

- unknown

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I actually watched it today, since I couldn't post. I may have to watch it again tomorrow for the final part. I hope he gets those 2 crack ho who abuse their children LOCKED up for life.

Return to “The Off season”