INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
cbolt
SEOP

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by cbolt »

Never was a big catfish fan,little too strong for my liking.I have heard mudcats are pretty tasty, but never tried it.Them rascals can bite hard so don't go sticking your fingers in there.Walleye and lake perch are top of the line, but around here I just like plain ole blue gill.I love the smell of bass and catching them and the small ones not too bad to eat, but not as good as gill.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:You guys better not drag me into any stumps on that thing or I will come up out of there, if I'm able lol. You guys ever eat bluegill ? Aw man that is some choice fish,my favorite around here.My brother used to filet them and I put them on bread with mustard yum yum yum! Wish I had some now,crappie pretty good too, but the gill is my favorite.
I will come up out of there. :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok BJ. :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't have to worry about stumps Bolt, 100 and some thousand dollar boat will be in front of ya, I will be watching for stuff like that, I wouldn't hurt ya or threaten your life good buddy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Might put some fright in ya a bit though. :lol: :lol: :lol: Nope never had blue gill before. Catfish, ole Karen Clemons down at the Muskingum use to eat them by the buckets full. I always hated taking the hooks out of their mouth. They will sting ya quick if you don't hold them right. :cry: :cry:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wonder if she caught them close to the poophouse :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:Wonder if she caught them close to the poophouse :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Poopy all down through there. All straight pipes back then too. Bet there is still some down there today and they are getting away with it. Ole Karen was a big ole girl too, loved to eat and drink her blatz beer. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think the poopy house is just right up the river from where she fished too, if it's the one Big D was talking about. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:
cbolt wrote:You guys better not drag me into any stumps on that thing or I will come up out of there, if I'm able lol. You guys ever eat bluegill ? Aw man that is some choice fish,my favorite around here.My brother used to filet them and I put them on bread with mustard yum yum yum! Wish I had some now,crappie pretty good too, but the gill is my favorite.
I will come up out of there. :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok BJ. :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't have to worry about stumps Bolt, 100 and some thousand dollar boat will be in front of ya, I will be watching for stuff like that, I wouldn't hurt ya or threaten your life good buddy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Might put some fright in ya a bit though. :lol: :lol: :lol: Nope never had blue gill before. Catfish, ole Karen Clemons down at the Muskingum use to eat them by the buckets full. I always hated taking the hooks out of their mouth. They will sting ya quick if you don't hold them right. :cry: :cry:

you just need to learn how to hold a catfish. but they dang skippy can light you up. when I hold one for a picture I just put one hand in the mouth and one under the tail. you just hold behind the teeth and down on the bottom jaw. but if you catch bigger ones they are just as tough on land to handle so sometimes you have to get a bogo grip on one to get the mouth open to get the hook out. what has revolutionized the live bait fishing word is the circle hooks. you don't even set the hook, you just feel the pressure and start reeling. hold the rod up high. you catch em right in the corner of the mouth. better for the fish, and better to unhook.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

but yes I really love a good mess o bluegill myself.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Ole Karen had a way of holding them cat by their back too. She showed us when we went fishing with her but I can't remember, been too long ago. But when ya seen Karen down there, she always had a fishing pole in one hand and a cooler of Blatz in the other. :lol: :lol: :lol: She always stopped by the cottage to show us how many fish she caught. She loved to fish, all she talked about most of the time. I'm not that big of a fishermen but I like to fish sometimes, I throw back what I catch but I like a good fish Sammy every now and then. :D

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I generally throw back everything as well. every now and then I keep a couple.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yeah, I got too soft of a heart to kill them. Heck, I'd starve to death in a survival situation, just haven't got the heart for that kinda stuff. I don't hunt either.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't hunt either and seldom keep fish. but now I love a good fish fry now and then, actually bought me a deep fryer from bass pro shops last year fer that very reason. and it's still in the dang box.
since the lakes been down.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm hearing the leaves blowing around that lake white will have the horsepower on the lake lowered to 10hp. has anybody heard anything about this.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Sounds about like Lake Logan is now. Pontoon boat style Lake. :D Wake zones all over. :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I asked on facebook and nobody here knew trench.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I hope they don't. Ask the park authority there, they would probably know Bait.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'll try that.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I just called there at rocky fork. they've not heard anything like that.but that is where lake white's operations are ran from. there and pike lake.
they are checking on that and said they'd call me back.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Cool, I hope they don't change it. Probably be lots of unhappy boaters down there if they do.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

pike lake workers have not heard anything as well. that is the park office for lake white.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Cool. Maybe it's just a rumor then, hopefully.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you wouldn't believe all the rumors. goof lord willing i'll be here when it's done and see whatever changes have been made.

Return to “The Off season”