INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

General Chat
The Flush
Varsity

Re: INFORMATION ON LAKE WHITE.

Post by The Flush »

Bait, did you send whatever was stinging you out my way? I was running a gas lawn edger to dig a slot/trench for an invisible fence wire and got lit up by yellow jackets (or something else that is yellow and black) about a dozen times. Those little SOBs hurt. Keep'em back at your house please.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Ouch and ouch. :shock:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

The Flush wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:31 pm Bait, did you send whatever was stinging you out my way? I was running a gas lawn edger to dig a slot/trench for an invisible fence wire and got lit up by yellow jackets (or something else that is yellow and black) about a dozen times. Those little SOBs hurt. Keep'em back at your house please.

you hain't kiddin they hurt. ole bait had tears in his eyes. they got me 13 times. and I gave away my whole pile of firewood that they was in. so hit may be the same bunch. they gave me the bakers dozen. so maybe that sell is over. I hope you are okay man. keep that Benadryl handy cause it's gonna itch like you went to see a movie in chilly -- cothe fer a spell. I itched something frightful fer like a week. and swallered enough Benadryl to choke a Clydesdale that week. get you some gold bond with lidocane, it'll help with the itchin. that 1st day after getting stung all them times. throughout the day, it just felt like someone was stickin a hot needle in me. I think I peed a lil once. I know I hain't paintin a real rosey picture. but ole bait is glad you're alright. they is a vicious lot they are. if'n it was yeller and black and you got nailed a dozen times, and it hurted like a butt whoopin, it was yeller jackets. wait till dark. put a lil 2 cycle gas in there. and light them up. if it was close to your house. the fumes alone will kill em.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

dem there yellow jackets are meaner then a bear who sat in a camp fire on accident

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:09 am Image
that is dang frightful lookin trench.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:09 am dem there yellow jackets are meaner then a bear who sat in a camp fire on accident

you hain't juss whistling Dixie legend.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they tored me all up.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I bout got killed by em a few years back in Chilly. Looked like I went ten rounds with the Klitschko brothers! This year so far got a big ole nest in my front porch up by roof.Don't know how I will get them, might just have to let them run their course and wait for cold weather. Another nest in ground out by shed, poured 2 stroke gas in hole one night and I think the fumes took care of that. My brother out mowing today he will let me know if I have more out there lurking lol.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

I was out yeller rooting 1 day i happen to be close to a road at the time. i swung into a stock of root and about 10 of em got me at the same time i was in the middle of the road in nothing but my bloomers lol

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Trench, it hurt just looking at those pictures. Fortunately I am not allergic to the stings, so it was just painful, but no swelling or death. You would have thought they would have left me alone since I was wearing my Southern Ohio Sting Baseball shirt at the time, but they were not pleased with me trenching through their nest. I left the machine running right by the nest and had to go back and grab it later when I had jeans on instead of shorts.

I have already emptied 2 cans of wasp spray into the hole leading to the nest, but I think I am going to have to go nuclear on them, or at least diesel fuel of 2 stroke mix. Do you need to light it on fire or will the fumes do the trick?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Both will work pretty much, but lighting it gives a more complete annihilation, and the sting-ee satisfaction. :lol: :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Just pouring the gas in and leaving it always did the trick for me. Lighting it would give a smoke effect down in hole but i hate that burned look in my grass and I might be crazy but I hate to burn any of God's living creatures even if it does sting. I use to burn ticks but now I just drop them in alcohol.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:43 am paul price the pike county judge stopped by the baitcave sunday whilst me n mrs. bait was sitting on the porch. he has spearheaded this whole effort. and even he has told me his sources and contacts are drying up, hushed up, and not saying anything. I'm worried they have no intentions of doing anything. rain sounds great, but if it leaks out it does not help any but temporarily. my whole gripe is it's still summer raise the dang gates to full pool , and let nature take care of it somewhat. at least the lake could be used. ya'll pray about this. we're bout to lose it up in here.
Bait I heard they got the leaks fixed. Are we getting bad info down here on the river?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:03 pm Just pouring the gas in and leaving it always did the trick for me. Lighting it would give a smoke effect down in hole but i hate that burned look in my grass and I might be crazy but I hate to burn any of God's living creatures even if it does sting. I use to burn ticks but now I just drop them in alcohol.
True that Bolt on God's living creations. I feel the same way, but when ya have to worry about getting stung multiple times, "maybe stung to death if they are bad enough" every time you are in the yard, and maybe have people around that's allergic. I'll burn them up, no problem. Smoke reaction? Put the gas to it good enough down into the nest, it burns down in as well. A 500 gram FPB would be good too now that I think about it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Try that with the ones you have in the ground up there on the mountain. Fire or FPB. Don't worry about the grass, it's replaceable, get ya some grass seed next spring. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:54 pm I was out yeller rooting 1 day i happen to be close to a road at the time. i swung into a stock of root and about 10 of em got me at the same time i was in the middle of the road in nothing but my bloomers lol
I hain't no rocket scientist legend, but I did stay at a holiday inn once, but I think I see the problem. you were yeller root huntin in just yer bloomers. that don't offer up much protection.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

The Flush wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:44 pm Trench, it hurt just looking at those pictures. Fortunately I am not allergic to the stings, so it was just painful, but no swelling or death. You would have thought they would have left me alone since I was wearing my Southern Ohio Sting Baseball shirt at the time, but they were not pleased with me trenching through their nest. I left the machine running right by the nest and had to go back and grab it later when I had jeans on instead of shorts.

I have already emptied 2 cans of wasp spray into the hole leading to the nest, but I think I am going to have to go nuclear on them, or at least diesel fuel of 2 stroke mix. Do you need to light it on fire or will the fumes do the trick?

THAT'S PURTY COOL RIGHT THERE.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

noles_fan wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:51 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:43 am paul price the pike county judge stopped by the baitcave sunday whilst me n mrs. bait was sitting on the porch. he has spearheaded this whole effort. and even he has told me his sources and contacts are drying up, hushed up, and not saying anything. I'm worried they have no intentions of doing anything. rain sounds great, but if it leaks out it does not help any but temporarily. my whole gripe is it's still summer raise the dang gates to full pool , and let nature take care of it somewhat. at least the lake could be used. ya'll pray about this. we're bout to lose it up in here.
Bait I heard they got the leaks fixed. Are we getting bad info down here on the river?

NO SIR. THEY ARE NOT FIXED, THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE. AND RAISED THE GATES AND ALLOWED THE LAKE TO FILL NOLES. AND IT'S REAL BAD.AND THEY WERE LOSING MILLIONS OF GALLONS OF WATER.NOW THE GATES ARE ALL THE WAY DOWN, AND WE'RE WAY LOWER THAN WINTER POOL. THEY ACTUALLY HAVE THE LAKE SHUT DOWN CURRENTLY. YOU CAN STILL FISH FROM THE BANK. BUT IT'S 50 YARDS FROM MY DOCK TO WATER NOW.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:29 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:54 pm I was out yeller rooting 1 day i happen to be close to a road at the time. i swung into a stock of root and about 10 of em got me at the same time i was in the middle of the road in nothing but my bloomers lol
I hain't no rocket scientist legend, but I did stay at a holiday inn once, but I think I see the problem. you were yeller root huntin in just yer bloomers. that don't offer up much protection.
Wuld have if they was'nt all holey and stuff

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I heard that 36 million down the tube. and on top of that my dang hummingbird's have all left,

Return to “The Off season”