Coffee Cup restaraunt in Nelsonville destroyed by fire!

General Chat
mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Coffee Cup restaraunt in Nelsonville destroyed by fire!

Post by mustang_lvr »

Wasn't that family from West Virginia?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Not sure where they was from.

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

with the names of some of their food they had listed it looked as if they where being comical.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:122245

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

They did have some wild names on their menu. They where always nice people. Really miss the place

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I'm afraid that this establishment is history in Nelsonville, and frankly, I'm not sure if it would have survived had they rebuilt. Is Dee's Diner still open? Since they've basically been cut off with the opening of the first leg of the bypass, I'm not sure how they will be able to survive, long-term. Another question. Did the Dairy Queen in Nelsonville shut down? Seems like for the past couple of months when I've driven by in the evenings, there were NO customers, just staff in there standing around. Looks to me like a couple of weeks ago, they closed, and it is dark in the evenings when I drive by. Is this correct?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Dee' Diner is still open I went by there yesterday

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

Steely Dan wrote:I'm afraid that this establishment is history in Nelsonville, and frankly, I'm not sure if it would have survived had they rebuilt. Is Dee's Diner still open? Since they've basically been cut off with the opening of the first leg of the bypass, I'm not sure how they will be able to survive, long-term. Another question. Did the Dairy Queen in Nelsonville shut down? Seems like for the past couple of months when I've driven by in the evenings, there were NO customers, just staff in there standing around. Looks to me like a couple of weeks ago, they closed, and it is dark in the evenings when I drive by. Is this correct?
Yes, the DQ shut down in Nelsonville. had a relative working there when it happened

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Being beside BK probably didn't help

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I would think the state would put one of those "food" and "gas" signs on the bypass indicating places like McDonalds, BK and Speedway on the 78 exit.

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

they will need something. Bloom Carroll has a McDonalds at a traffic light and then i can't think where the next eating place is. You have a subway half way to Logan after Lancaster.You have to take exit ramps to eat in Logan. Nothing near the highway from that subway for a long time. If you are heading to Parkersburg you might have a few gas stations and i don't know what they have. Could use a large road side rest where you can pull in to eat a meal other than fast food.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Steely Dan wrote:I'm afraid that this establishment is history in Nelsonville, and frankly, I'm not sure if it would have survived had they rebuilt. Is Dee's Diner still open? Since they've basically been cut off with the opening of the first leg of the bypass, I'm not sure how they will be able to survive, long-term. Another question. Did the Dairy Queen in Nelsonville shut down? Seems like for the past couple of months when I've driven by in the evenings, there were NO customers, just staff in there standing around. Looks to me like a couple of weeks ago, they closed, and it is dark in the evenings when I drive by. Is this correct?

Dairy Queen shut down, as the owner recently moved out of state. Not sure if it will be put up for sale or not.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

I for one am sick of having to go out of town to get a sit down dinner!! My hubby doesn't like mexican, the boot grill and tammy's is to close of quarters I don't feel comfortable.. we had a get together and where did we go OUT of town.. we need something local but with the by-pass coming I doubt we see it.. and there is nothing along the exits big enough to build on.. so I guess we are heading to Lancaster Athens or Parkersburg for meals... =(

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:

Dairy Queen shut down, as the owner recently moved out of state. Not sure if it will be put up for sale or not.
from what i heard there wasn't too much of a notices

Return to “The Off season”