Rock Hill Fans who like Subway in Ironton, READ THIS

General Chat
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Rock Hill Fans who like Subway in Ironton, READ THIS

Post by biggdowgg »

not sure what the discount on this card is, but it would be hard to sale the 5 buck subs much cheaper.

even our subways,m has a sign that says that you can not use any other discounts on the 5 dollar subs.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yopu said the would take the card , as long as it was not on the 5 dollar footlong.

I was just saying they wont take any discounts on the 5 dollar ones down here either.

anyway, I dont know how they can not accept it, if it is on there.

I know a couple years back, Portsmouth Clay "I think it was' put out one of the cards,,,it was supposed to be for," Buy One big mac get one free"

but it got printedm buy One big mac meal, and get one free" including large frys,and large drink"....I spotted that right off the bat,and was more then glad to poay 10 bucks for it :mrgreen:

and yes,Mcdonalds honored it for the entire time......

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

I have bought the $20 books every year, dont know who sells them, and the Ironton Mcdonalds has never had a coupon in it. Ashland, and Greenup had coupons but no Ironton........

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Subway in Ironton changed hands.Im told its now owned by someone from South Point.
Maybe its an OVC thing. :lol:

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

dont worry, you still got Ironton Giovannis.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Fast food places make a huge gain on every product sold....something like 60% or more...even more on the fountain drink sales(Look at MCD's selling 2 for 1). I have one of these cards and a "band book"....lots of the schools sell them. The card is like 50 cents of a six inch and a $1 off of a footlong which is not already discounted....really not that big of a deal since subway can sell any footlong for $5. This seems like a really bad PR move to me....I know that a lot of RH kids go to that subway as well as myself....if they don't want to throw support our way then maybe we shouldn't show our support their way. There was a certain grocery store in ITown that suffered from bad PR a few years ago...that store is gone now. Just sayin'......

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Irontons Grease-a-vonis is one, if not the only place I dont eat at in Ironton.
Coal Grove Giovannis is where its at.
Not to mention he donates to both Ironton and Coal Groves kids.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Which grocery store you talking about?
What kind of bad PR?

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

footballfan wrote:Fast food places make a huge gain on every product sold....something like 60% or more...even more on the fountain drink sales(Look at MCD's selling 2 for 1). I have one of these cards and a "band book"....lots of the schools sell them. The card is like 50 cents of a six inch and a $1 off of a footlong which is not already discounted....really not that big of a deal since subway can sell any footlong for $5. This seems like a really bad PR move to me....I know that a lot of RH kids go to that subway as well as myself....if they don't want to throw support our way then maybe we shouldn't show our support their way. There was a certain grocery store in ITown that suffered from bad PR a few years ago...that store is gone now. Just sayin'......

If Ironton people took your advice about Rock hill Giovannis, it would shut down in about 2 months. Im with hosscat. It is basically the only ironton food establishment that i do not support. I do have to attend a civic club function there everyweek. However, i am hoping said club wises up and moves out.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

OBDTF moved their business to Giovannis in the Grove when the Ironton Giovannis wanted to charge us 25 bucks to rent the room..........

BUCK I
Freshman Team

Post by BUCK I »

Not to mention that the CG Giovannis also has muc better food. Not sure about now but I got so I didnt go to the Ironton Subway because either A- they were always out of things or B- on 2 different occasions we wtnessd fight between the employees and customers that they knew coming into the store.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

BUCK I wrote: B- on 2 different occasions we wtnessd fight between the employees and customers that they knew coming into the store.

That's why you can't get the discount. You have to pay extra to see the fights.

kynancydrew
Waterboy

Post by kynancydrew »

I thought they had closed...I'm glad to see someone took it over. They are honoring the card so what is your gripe? We are in a recession in case you haven't heard...I'm just glad they managed to stay open.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Jackson's Stay At Home Comittee sold cards last year and again this year. It says on the back what you can use it for at each location. At Subway here, if you buy a 6 inch Sub, chips, and a drink, you get a six inch sub free. That is the only thing it can be used on. I always get one because you get 10% off at Toro Loco as well as good deals at many area businesses. Best 10 dollars I spent.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

grndma1 wrote:Jackson's Stay At Home Comittee sold cards last year and again thi, if you buy a 6 inch Sub, chips, and a drink, you get a six inch sub free.s year. It says on the back what you can use it for at each location. At Subway here That is the only thing it can be used on. I always get one because you get 10% off at Toro Loco as well as good deals at many area businesses. Best 10 dollars I spent.

thats a great deal

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

ItownHosscat wrote:Irontons Grease-a-vonis is one, if not the only place I dont eat at in Ironton.
Coal Grove Giovannis is where its at.
Not to mention he donates to both Ironton and Coal Groves kids.

I have been to the Coal Grove Giovanni's Pizza four times and three times there was hair in the food! PUKE!

I won't go there anymore.

The first time I even mentioned to my mom about the girls working around the food with their big hair. We got our pizza and there was hair in it! NASTY!

They need to make them wear hair nets in there!!

Return to “The Off season”