Waterboy

Teen OVC A Team Super Bowl

Post by The Real Hill »

How'd that turn out?

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Re: Teen OVC A Team Super Bowl

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

In the A-Team division Rock Hill won over Ironton Orange. 6-0....it was a great football game by both teams; a very physical game.

In the B-Team Super Bowl Ironton Orange won over Ironton Black. Either 12-0 or 14-0...

In the C-Team Super Bowl Boyd County won over Ironton Black in a thrilling triple over time game....I believe the final was 34-32.....

Congrats to ALL teams in the TeenOVC who made it to the to the Super Bowl...and Congrats to all the Champions!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I know kids parents from Rock Hill and Ironton. I don't understand RH combining 5th and 6th graders into 1 team and having 25 to 30 kids on a team. Works well now to win but when kids don't get to play they quit playing. Ironton splits their kids onto two teams and other teams in the area go by grades.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Westfan wrote:I know kids parents from Rock Hill and Ironton. I don't understand RH combining 5th and 6th graders into 1 team and having 25 to 30 kids on a team. Works well now to win but when kids don't get to play they quit playing. Ironton splits their kids onto two teams and other teams in the area go by grades.
Ironton has 20-25 kids on each of those teams, RH had 25 kids on their roster. So you would seriously believe the right thing to do is have 2 teams, one with 12kids and one with 13.....then you for practice you NEVER have all 25 there, typically you have 20-21 there. So if you split you can't even have a practice because you have less then 11kids.

We would love nothing more then to have 40 + kids on in each level and split to two teams.....but you would never finish the season at least on the A Team level with that few kids.....

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I'm a believer in inner league anyways. But I understand what you're saying. If kids know they will get to play more will come out.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Numbers are down at alot of schools , some yrs it's up and some are Down , even in little league baseball I remember close to 200 kids out every year now that number is cut in half. Lots of schools have to inter league to play, kids just don't have the desire to play. Jmo

You can't handle the truth
gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Both parents work just to make it , in today's society I've witness kids who didn't have rides to practice, and some could not afford it. It's a shame but true

You can't handle the truth
The Real Hill
Waterboy

Post by The Real Hill »

Looks like Ironton will have to fire up the transfer pipeline if they are going to keep up with things on The Hill in the future! :D

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

The Real Hill wrote:Looks like Ironton will have to fire up the transfer pipeline if they are going to keep up with things on The Hill in the future! :D
Word around Ironton is when Lutz takes over the whole program that There will be several former Tigers.....

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Mackerking
Waterboy

Post by Mackerking »

No offense The Real Hill, but if the 2 Ironton teams combined into 1 A team the season wouldn't have even been competitive. Congrats to Rock Hill on a great season.

The Real Hill
Waterboy

Post by The Real Hill »

If a frog had wings...you're right Ironton had no offense.

Mackerking
Waterboy

Post by Mackerking »

No offense? RH beat 1 Ironton team 8-6 and the other 6-0. This fact goes without mentioning that RH lost to both Ironton teams earler in the year. I take nothing away from RH coaches or players. They came on strong when it mattered. But to say Ironton needs to fire up the transfer pipeline o keep up with RH is absurd. These 6th grade Ironton groups together as 7th graders will beat this RH group comfortably.

The Real Hill
Waterboy

Post by The Real Hill »

RH beat Ironton with 11/12 year olds. Ironton had 13/14 year olds. Hard hitting beats age at this level everytime. Ironton's coaching probably let their kids down. Stop "King"...the season has been over for 2 months. This is too easy lol

Mackerking
Waterboy

Post by Mackerking »

Teen OVC doesn't allow 13 year olds but I'll excuse your ignorance as just another low quality Rock Hill education. Get back with me after these 2 meet in middle school, I'll bring you some Kleenex.

The Real Hill
Waterboy

Post by The Real Hill »

:lol: You're too easy! I knew your arrogance wouldn't allow you to back off. Check the ages on those linemen. I know for a fact their ages are greater than 12. Classy trying to insult a whole district's intelligence level. We can compare ACT scores later, lol. Once again quit, it's too easy.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

The actual age requirement rule by the TeenOVC By-laws is: A player cannot turn 13 prior to August 1 for A-team level play. A player cannot turn 11 prior to August 1 for B-Team level play. A player cannot turn 9 prior to August 1 for C-Team level play. The age requirements are based off the old OHSAA age rules that stated you could not play interscholastic sports if you turned 19 prior to August 1 of that school year.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

So a player who turns 13 on say, August 3rd is allowed to play and will play the season as a 13 year old.......

Nice Kitty
Waterboy

Post by Nice Kitty »

That's true Pope! King should drop it. Looks like he keeps digging himself a deeper hole with each post. RH won, leave it at that.

The Real Hill
Waterboy

Post by The Real Hill »

Who won this year's A team Super Bowl?

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”