need more sanctioned officials for tournament

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
jeepcoach
Waterboy

need more sanctioned officials for tournament

Post by jeepcoach »

need more sanctioned officials for tournament call Roger Sessor at (740)876-9171

rockfish
Riding the Bench

Re: need more sanctioned officials for tournament

Post by rockfish »

How much does each game pay?

jeepcoach
Waterboy

Post by jeepcoach »

$25 a game

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

If you would have offered more you could have gotten better officiating than what was provided. The HS boys who had the 4th grade games on Sunday did not know their butt from a hole in the ground.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

$25 per game is plenty for officiating an hour long game, if that, at the pee wee level. I have no dog in this fight about the officiating that was going on, or lack of officiating as some are calling it. Maybe due to the holidays it was hard for them to get certified officials to ref these games. From what it sounds like there were a lot of teams in all the various ages in the tournament that maybe the hosts didn't anticipate but they went ahead and tried to allow all the teams who wanted in this tournament to play in it.

Regardless, the $25 is sufficient at this age for officials. In Adams County that's a normal fee that they get.

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Post by Can See All »

salemcat wrote:If you would have offered more you could have gotten better officiating than what was provided. The HS boys who had the 4th grade games on Sunday did not know their butt from a hole in the ground.

Are you serious? Come on! Cut them some slack! You said in another post that they have no business reffing 4th graders...which is very true. But I guess they couldn't pull those refs that were supposed to show up out of their butts seeing as they can't find them...

I agree with you that this tourney was one of the worst ones I have seen. But when the organizer quits thats what tends to happen...disorganization. I mean he is called the organizer for a reason.

Hey, I have an idea, we can meet up, have some coffee, build a time machine afterwards and teach those darn boys how to ref! See you at Tim Hortons around 8 Friday?

Ryanexpress
Varsity
Location: Being yelled at by hundreds of fans on any given night

Post by Ryanexpress »

I said this in another post, but will say it again.
The high school boys who officiated were drafted into it. Not by their own choice.
It was not because the licensed officials did not show up either. It was because the tournament director did not schedule the proper amount of officials.

There were several student athletes [boys & girls] who donated their own time to try & help out with this tournament. I think that says a ton about the type of kids that they are.

I am not from the Webster area & am not trying to have anyone feel sorry for anyone or anything like that.
The bottom line is that the tournament director shafted everyone & these kids among other people stepped up & at least gave it a try at making it work & they do not deserve to be trashed here on the internet for that.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

its pretty easy to get licensed officials. just go to ohsaa.com and find assigner for your part of ohio and call them. they have the emails and phone #'s of all officials. 25 bucks for a biddy league game isnt bad. all age groups deserve the best officiating available to them.

rockfish
Riding the Bench

Post by rockfish »

$25 a game is more than fair for a hour long game.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

should have posted on high school forum.

25 bucks is sufficient ;-)

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”