Jr. High Basketball

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
BigChuck
JV Team

Jr. High Basketball

Post by BigChuck »

Who are some of the strong teams in the area?

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
BigChuck
JV Team

Re: Jr. High Basketball

Post by BigChuck »

I think Gallipolis will be pretty strong with the very tall center...he is very skilled at a young age with all that height.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

In Scioto County Northwest and South Webster will be good. Seen them play several times this summer, they was the best two teams I seen.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Northwest must have some very nice athletes coming up....I keep hearing good things about their youth and junior high.

Ironton and Rock Hill will both be solid....

South Point should be very competitive as well

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

Northwest does have some good talent at junior high level(s). Biggest challenge is working together.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Coal Grove 7th grade came on strong at the end of last season, should be pretty good this year.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Northwest 8th grade is big and athletic. They will start 4 ki ds over 6'. Their main problem will be that they do not have a true point guard. They will rely on size and athleticism. In my opinion the point guard position is the most important in all sports.

Oldtimer
Waterboy

Post by Oldtimer »

BigChuck wrote:I think Gallipolis will be pretty strong with the very tall center...he is very skilled at a young age with all that height.
Not sure I agree with the very skilled part, tall yes.

Goldglove23
Waterboy

Post by Goldglove23 »

Belpre 8th has the talent for a undefeated season

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point 8th won the OVC tournament last year over Ironton. They also had a big move in from California so they should be pretty solid again.
Last edited by osumufan on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 8th and Athens 8th will both be very good.

South Webster and Piketon 7th grade should be good.

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Oak Hill and Gallia Academy scrimmage on Wednesday the 18th at Gallia. I think at 5:30. Should be a good measuring stick for the young Lady Oaks.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

8th Grade - Alexander and Athens will compete for the top spot in the TVC-Ohio. Meigs will be better with the addition of the Eastern transfer. Nelsonville-York has 2 very nice players that should keep them in every game. TVC-Hocking should come down to Belpre and Trimble for 1st place.

buckeye23
Waterboy

Post by buckeye23 »

What teams in the area scrimmaged on Tuesday, 11/17 ? Results? Thoughts?

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Oak Hill 7th and 8th both played well at Gallia Academy. Defense and rebounding solid and moved the ball around really well on offense. Player rotation looked pretty good.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Waverly 7th and 8th scrimmaged at Southeastern on Wednesday the 18th. It was a weird format with each team alternating 10 minute quarters. Southeastern certainly looked like the best team (both 7th and 8th) early on, but Waverly picked it up a lot in the later quarters. Southeastern has some good shooters (both 7th and 8th) who could hit the 3. Waverly missed several easy(ish) shots. I don't remember how many quarters they played or how many points each team had, but I think Waverly won at least 2 quarters in each grade.

Both Waverly teams scrimmaged Southern (Racine) on Saturday, but I only saw the 7th grade team because they were playing at the same time. Waverly 7th looked much better than against Southeastern, although they missed way too many layups. Ball movement was much better. I think they played 6 10 minute periods and Waverly dominated them all, although the score was close for the first one. I don't know how much of the improvement is from practice and correcting mistakes vs the relative difference between Southeastern and Southern. I have not heard how the 8th grade team fared.

Waverly opens with Oak Hill on the 30th.

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

The Flush wrote:Waverly 7th and 8th scrimmaged at Southeastern on Wednesday the 18th. It was a weird format with each team alternating 10 minute quarters. Southeastern certainly looked like the best team (both 7th and 8th) early on, but Waverly picked it up a lot in the later quarters. Southeastern has some good shooters (both 7th and 8th) who could hit the 3. Waverly missed several easy(ish) shots. I don't remember how many quarters they played or how many points each team had, but I think Waverly won at least 2 quarters in each grade.

Both Waverly teams scrimmaged Southern (Racine) on Saturday, but I only saw the 7th grade team because they were playing at the same time. Waverly 7th looked much better than against Southeastern, although they missed way too many layups. Ball movement was much better. I think they played 6 10 minute periods and Waverly dominated them all, although the score was close for the first one. I don't know how much of the improvement is from practice and correcting mistakes vs the relative difference between Southeastern and Southern. I have not heard how the 8th grade team fared.

Waverly opens with Oak Hill on the 30th.
Can't wait to see the 1st full regulation games. Will be interesting to see how the Lady Oaks deal with the flow of the both games.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Oaksince59 wrote: Can't wait to see the 1st full regulation games. Will be interesting to see how the Lady Oaks deal with the flow of the both games.
oops. I was talking about the boys.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

7th grade
Jackson 40
Alexander 18

8th
Jackson 33
Alexander 28

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

What Junior High Girls teams are suppose to be good and what players to watch for?

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”