Westfan
SEOP

Re: Jr High Football

Post by Westfan »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:15 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:05 pm
fbnut wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:21 pm

There all 15 now a days
I wish we had some 15 year olds at Northwest. Isn't the rule, if your 15 before school starts your not eligible. Northwest has a bad habit of talking parents into starting their kids young. Our starting Qb on the Varsity is a sophomore and just turned 15 the end of july.
It's my understanding that west has a kid who was old for a seventh grader last year, like old for an eighth grader. I know he looked real hairy. :lol:
West didn't or doesn't have anyone like that.

Wheelersburg (you included) sure took to all your transfer 8th graders you had last year who were almost all holdbacks at their previous schools.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:31 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:15 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:05 pm

I wish we had some 15 year olds at Northwest. Isn't the rule, if your 15 before school starts your not eligible. Northwest has a bad habit of talking parents into starting their kids young. Our starting Qb on the Varsity is a sophomore and just turned 15 the end of july.
It's my understanding that west has a kid who was old for a seventh grader last year, like old for an eighth grader. I know he looked real hairy. :lol:
West didn't or doesn't have anyone like that.

Wheelersburg (you included) sure took to all your transfer 8th graders you had last year who were almost all holdbacks at their previous schools.
Relax man. It was a joke. No one cares about junior high. We lost to northwest when I was in 8th grade. They never got close to us in high school. Last night was a perfect example of why not to put stock in junior high. Jackson has a really good 8th grade team but they have an exceptional fast tail back who ran for about four touchdowns and burg players knew who was getting it. Jackson good but really really good with their tailback. Burgs 8th is good but they don’t have that break away player in this group.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:06 pm
countywide35 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:48 pm Jackson 8th are legit
Very good football team. The tail back is a good one.

so wasn't his daddy....and say isn't his little brother that's in the 6th

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

Jackson 8th V. Burg 8th: 42-12 in favor of Jackson. I'd say they were more than just a tail back better. 7 different players carried the ball. None as much nor as far as the tail back, he is a different kind of player. but this team is loaded with skill players.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Pete_Bell wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:38 am Jackson 8th V. Burg 8th: 42-12 in favor of Jackson. I'd say they were more than just a tail back better. 7 different players carried the ball. None as much nor as far as the tail back, he is a different kind of player. but this team is loaded with skill players.
Agree. The QB looked pretty good too but when you have a kid that can run four quick pitches for over 35 yard or more that result in touchdowns, then he’s a difference maker. In junior high, that’s huge. I doubt he can duplicate that big of a performance in high school. I think just a few years back, burg played ironton and Salyers was the qb for burg and fosson was the rb for ironton. It was a shootout between those two. Neither team could really stop each other.

It’s like the seventh grade game, Jackson vs burg. Burg had a good runner and Jackson had a good runner, they were just ahead of the curve.

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

I was not saying that he isnt a difference maker. He is that and more. I was just saying that I think Jackson was the better team as a whole as well. I will venture to say that when he is a junior/senior in High school there will be multiple games where he has 4+ carries of 35 yards or more. But all in all it is Junior high, They may all quit football and start a badminton team by then, who knows. High school success will be determined by how many of them to continue to grow and how much work they are willing to put in. you can be 5'6" 150lbs. and be pretty dominant running inside in jr high. May not get you much in high school though.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Pete_Bell wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:48 am I was not saying that he isnt a difference maker. He is that and more. I was just saying that I think Jackson was the better team as a whole as well. I will venture to say that when he is a junior/senior in High school there will be multiple games where he has 4+ carries of 35 yards or more. But all in all it is Junior high, They may all quit football and start a badminton team by then, who knows. High school success will be determined by how many of them to continue to grow and how much work they are willing to put in. you can be 5'6" 150lbs. and be pretty dominant running inside in jr high. May not get you much in high school though.
I agree. Overall they were the better team.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pete_Bell wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:48 am I was not saying that he isnt a difference maker. He is that and more. I was just saying that I think Jackson was the better team as a whole as well. I will venture to say that when he is a junior/senior in High school there will be multiple games where he has 4+ carries of 35 yards or more. But all in all it is Junior high, They may all quit football and start a badminton team by then, who knows. High school success will be determined by how many of them to continue to grow and how much work they are willing to put in. you can be 5'6" 150lbs. and be pretty dominant running inside in jr high. May not get you much in high school though.
I’d guess his jr and Sr seasons he’ll be pretty special. Has the vision and speed like his Dad (who rushed for 2100+ yards his senior year)....and scored 39 TD in high school.

His brother in 6th grade is a good one too. Could be special times in a few years....or they both might be big baseball stars that no longer play football.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:23 pm
I’d guess his jr and Sr seasons he’ll be pretty special. Has the vision and speed like his Dad (who rushed for 2100+ yards his senior year)....and scored 39 TD in high school.

His brother in 6th grade is a good one too. Could be special times in a few years....or they both might be big baseball stars that no longer play football.

easy now.....lets not hope for that...... :D

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

i cant imagine graduating at 19 almost 20. You can buy beer in your freshman year of college basically? This is not normal. Shoot i have seen 17/18 year old college football recruits enter early in the spring semester during what would have been the end of their senior year.

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

South Gallia jr high
2-0
symmes valley 34-8
@fed hock 30-0

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

Jackson 8th: 64 Wellston 12

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

West 7th- 14
Minford 7th- 0

West 8th- 28
Minford- 0

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

Sggrad06 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:35 pm South Gallia jr high
2-0
symmes valley 34-8
@fed hock 30-0
I didn’t see a score for last week.. but heard they lost to Trimble but they did beat eastern this week @eastern 26-6

So 3-1 on the year for the youngsters

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Trimble 8th grade pretty good too

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

What's everyone's opinions on the rankings now?

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

West 7th and 8th grade finish undefeated. The future is here and their is some ball players on the West side. Hope they can all keep together and build. The possibilities are their. Closer game against burg than it should have been, but it's a rivalry game. I disagree completely with the play calling tonight, but a win is a win and couldn't be prouder of the boys and coaching staff.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”