Jr. High week 6

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
14U
S

Re: Jr. High week 6

Post by 14U »

Westfan wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:22 pm Wheelersburg tried to blow West out. They never subbed and ran a reverse pass with 3 minutes to go. IMO that is embarrassing.

Regardless it was a good hard hitting game. West is out a couple kids that really hurt them offensively and in pass defense. But they play excellent defense and they made Wheelersburg earn it. Just didn't have enough firepower on offense
Everybody on the team played! Didn’t u see them rotate the whole game? Every play there was 2-4 running in and out. Blowout, they kept the ball the whole first quarter on runs only. On a dry field they would have open it up like I’ve seen the the last two time watching them play. With the rain and mud they just ran the ball at will. Also the two td’s called back. West played hard and yes it was a hard hitting game but a person near the field heard ur players arguing with each other. I’m not downing either team as they are just young men trying to get better. By the way who does west have left that would be a good game for me to come watch?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

wobycat wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:28 pm
14U wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:15 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:56 pm Was in the Burg today so went and watched the 8th grade game against West.
Burg 28
West 0
The transfers sure did make a big difference for Burg.
Burg had the ball the whole 1st quarter. Run right at them. Then 2nd quarter burg open it up with the pass. Two burg td’s called back. On dry field I think it would be worse(my opinion only). Burg didn’t really run what I’ve seen them in two games like tonight but with mud and water standing I guess that was the game plan to control clock. West had two positions in first half 3 and outs! As for transfers which ones was the difference? I know QB but he has ball mostly and 22 blocks out of backfield and hard hitting linebacker, 14 is a receiver then a lineman. I don’t see everything and don’t know all but I talked to many of burg fans to let me know who is who
I’m a burgfan but I can’t deny that those transfers make a difference. Burg I think has vastly improved since last year even without the transfers but they are essentially untouchable with them. It will change in high school but this class got way better with them.
Good post sir. U tell it how it is!! Thanks

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

14U wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:37 pm Everybody on the team played! Didn’t u see them rotate the whole game? Every play there was 2-4 running in and out. Blowout, they kept the ball the whole first quarter on runs only. On a dry field they would have open it up like I’ve seen the the last two time watching them play. With the rain and mud they just ran the ball at will. Also the two td’s called back. West played hard and yes it was a hard hitting game but a person near the field heard ur players arguing with each other. I’m not downing either team as they are just young men trying to get better. By the way who does west have left that would be a good game for me to come watch?
So what you're saying is Wheelersburg could've scored quickly on the first possession by passing, but they chose only to only run the ball to the 10 to get stopped? Geeze man take the homer glasses off

The 2 TD's called back were obvious holds that allowed the runner to get the corner

LastOut
Waterboy

Post by LastOut »

Burgs “transfers” make all the difference. Not only does it make them significantly better but it also negatively affects the other programs in the area. To say otherwise is ludicrous.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Westfan wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:01 pm
14U wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:37 pm Everybody on the team played! Didn’t u see them rotate the whole game? Every play there was 2-4 running in and out. Blowout, they kept the ball the whole first quarter on runs only. On a dry field they would have open it up like I’ve seen the the last two time watching them play. With the rain and mud they just ran the ball at will. Also the two td’s called back. West played hard and yes it was a hard hitting game but a person near the field heard ur players arguing with each other. I’m not downing either team as they are just young men trying to get better. By the way who does west have left that would be a good game for me to come watch?
So what you're saying is Wheelersburg could've scored quickly on the first possession by passing, but they chose only to only run the ball to the 10 to get stopped? Geeze man take the homer glasses off

The 2 TD's called back were obvious holds that allowed the runner to get the corner
On a dry field I said they would have open it up but due to rain and water on field, it looked to me like it was run heavy. The last couple games I watched the pass and run was 50/50. Last night I thought it was something burg was 100% run first quarter. West never crossed the 50. As for homer and flags I saw many flags that wasn’t called on west and burg had double the penalties and still didn’t slow them down!

1STUNNA
Waterboy

Post by 1STUNNA »

Little buck wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:54 am Jackson 28
Washington Court House 12
7th Grade
Is this the same Jackson team that came to Gallipolis as 6th graders and left halfway through the scrimmage because they were getting smashed? Their coach packed it in because someone on their team was going to get hurt do to the Gallipolis defense.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

LastOut wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:10 pm Burgs “transfers” make all the difference. Not only does it make them significantly better but it also negatively affects the other programs in the area. To say otherwise is ludicrous.
They absolutely do on this team. This was definitely a mass transfer in. However this is what people believe to be the norm at burg and it isn’t. Burg is attracting student athletes based upon high school success. I predict more of this in future but one may come in every now and then but for the most part, it’s never this amount of students.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:01 pm

Call those holds back and they score eventually. West has a good team but they aren’t as good as burg. Dry field, wet field. It wouldn’t matter.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

I predicted:
Burg 8th 45
PWest 8th 18
Imo Burg is just that good, and I'm guessing if it were dry out it would have been close to this score.
Everyone needs to get over the transfer thing. It's going to happen. You build it they will come...LOL,
If transferring your child to a school in which you think they will have a better chance at competing and hopefully getting a chance to play at the next level then go for it. Because in the end we all would do it if he could. We all want what is best for our kids and some people just have a better opportunity then others to make that happen. I just hope we can work that much harder to beat them. Burg is our motivator. They have set the bar. We can cry and say this or that or we can work harder then them and get more satisfaction when we beat them.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
Lovesports
Waterboy

Post by Lovesports »

If you are getting 5 to 6 transfers going into your 8th grade year after a not so good 7th grade season from all areas of the county that my friend is not building it's recruiting, building starts from the pee wee level of which by 8th grade they should have been built. Someone is selling to the kids "you come play such and such will also play and we will win state championships" kids and parents both buy into now that burg has put themselves on the map with championships. That's why so many people have a hard time cheering for the Scioto County all star team competing for championships. Open enrollment to anything but adjoining school districts have ruined sports. We have lost loyalty and pride to our communities we were born and raised and it sickens me.

Kymike99
Waterboy

Post by Kymike99 »

I had the opportunity to attend last night's mud bowl between Burg and West, there was good effort given by both teams, but lets give credit where credits due. Hands down West had the best player on the field. Burg has enough players to be able to sub a bit where West is lacking healthy players. As for recruiting Burg holds the key to that... lavish facilities and golden pockets.

Injun
Waterboy

Post by Injun »

Kymike99 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:29 pm I had the opportunity to attend last night's mud bowl between Burg and West, there was good effort given by both teams, but lets give credit where credits due. Hands down West had the best player on the field. Burg has enough players to be able to sub a bit where West is lacking healthy players. As for recruiting Burg holds the key to that... lavish facilities and golden pockets.
I attended this game too, and you said it. Great effort by both teams. If Wheelersburg played with Wheelersburg kids, this isn't even competitive. #13 didn't play last night for West and he is a 6 foot kid whom may be the fastest on the field. He had 2 or 3 interceptions and a couple td catches against Valley. If he's out there this game is totally different.

Kymike99
Waterboy

Post by Kymike99 »

Who was the #32 kid for west he has some skill?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Lovesports wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:09 pm If you are getting 5 to 6 transfers going into your 8th grade year after a not so good 7th grade season from all areas of the county that my friend is not building it's recruiting, building starts from the pee wee level of which by 8th grade they should have been built. Someone is selling to the kids "you come play such and such will also play and we will win state championships" kids and parents both buy into now that burg has put themselves on the map with championships. That's why so many people have a hard time cheering for the Scioto County all star team competing for championships. Open enrollment to anything but adjoining school districts have ruined sports. We have lost loyalty and pride to our communities we were born and raised and it sickens me.
The parents make the decision. Explain again the recruitment pitch.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Injun wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:14 pm
Kymike99 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:29 pm I had the opportunity to attend last night's mud bowl between Burg and West, there was good effort given by both teams, but lets give credit where credits due. Hands down West had the best player on the field. Burg has enough players to be able to sub a bit where West is lacking healthy players. As for recruiting Burg holds the key to that... lavish facilities and golden pockets.
I attended this game too, and you said it. Great effort by both teams. If Wheelersburg played with Wheelersburg kids, this isn't even competitive. #13 didn't play last night for West and he is a 6 foot kid whom may be the fastest on the field. He had 2 or 3 interceptions and a couple td catches against Valley. If he's out there this game is totally different.
The lattimore boys were the fastest

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Kymike99 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:43 pm Who was the #32 kid for west he has some skill?
Sissel
Hard nosed kid

Kymike99
Waterboy

Post by Kymike99 »

Speed aside #32 from west was the player of the game if Burg was recruiting from West why wasn't that kid picked up??? Would love to have him come across the river

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Westfan wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:47 pm
Kymike99 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:43 pm Who was the #32 kid for west he has some skill?
Sissel
Hard nosed kid
Yes he is a hard nosed kid. Played a heck of a game

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Kymike99 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:04 pm Speed aside #32 from west was the player of the game if Burg was recruiting from West why wasn't that kid picked up??? Would love to have him come across the river
I would say because he was born a Westsider and will always be a Westsider.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

The two linebackers from burg was the hardest hitters in the game!! I seen them both put the West backs down on spot. They didn’t need help. I think it was 40 and 22. We all see what we want or have our own hitters while watching. But these two didn’t need help from what I saw. They were around the ball like linebackers are to be. I guess I’m a linebacker kind of fan since it’s what I played many moons ago, lol.
Last edited by 14U on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”