MSOVC Basketball Predictions

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
buckeye23
Waterboy

MSOVC Basketball Predictions

Post by buckeye23 »

Which team will bring home the hardware in this upcoming season? 8th grade should be very competitive... Not sure about the 7th grade teams..

buckeye23
Waterboy

Re: MSOVC Basketball Predictions

Post by buckeye23 »

Middle School OVC

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Rock Hill 8th grade has a lot of talent, they are fast, have good size and are overall very athletic. They do tend to play out of control from time to time. They are also very deep. As far as their place in the final standings...only time will tell; last season when they were 7th graders all the teams improved vastly.. I look for South Point & Ironton to be in the top with Peake and Rock Hill having the opportunity of being right there.

Rock Hill 7th grade does not have the depth that the 8th grade team has but the first 5 are pretty good...there are 2 very good athletes but they have a lot of basketball to learn. I look to see week to week improvement as they do learn the game and just get more game experience.

Good luck to all the MSOVC teams on having a successful and healthy season!!

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Previews were at Chesapeake last night. Which teams stood out?

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote:Previews were at Chesapeake last night. Which teams stood out?
Boys previews are actually tonight (Tuesday) at Chesapeake....I am planning on going if I can get away from work early enough....I'll try to post scores if I get there. Girls may have been last night but I'm not sure.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

PopeSnoopDogThe1st wrote:
Tri-StateYouthSports wrote:Previews were at Chesapeake last night. Which teams stood out?
Boys previews are actually tonight (Tuesday) at Chesapeake....I am planning on going if I can get away from work early enough....I'll try to post scores if I get there. Girls may have been last night but I'm not sure.
Boys 7th was last night. Boys 8th are tonight.

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote:
PopeSnoopDogThe1st wrote:
Boys 7th was last night. Boys 8th are tonight.
Oh...OK...LOL I knew we were going tonight if I got off work on time. I have not heard anything from the 7th grade games. My 8th grade daughter cheers and I know she wanted to go watch the 8th grade boys play. that makes sense though. It would be very hard to play all those 7th and 8th grade games on one night in one gym....

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Rock Hill 8th grade played Gallia final score was 18-16 R. Gallia's big boy is 6'9"....WOW!!! Rock Hill did not play one of their starters today who is dinged up...but all 14 who dressed played tonight.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

South Point beat Portsmouth. Don't remember the score.

buckeye23
Waterboy

Post by buckeye23 »

Gallia's 6'8" kid was the most impressive player at the previews IMO.. Peake and Ironton both looked tough.. Fairland, Coal Grove, and Rock Hill all have potential to be competitive in the league... I don't think a favorite can be picked just yet. The OVC champion could very well have 3 or 4 losses within conference play.. Very competitive league!!

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”