NW girls @ Valley

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
softball24_7
Freshman Team

NW girls @ Valley

Post by softball24_7 »

And the worst officiating game goes to the 8 th grade NW at Valley game. You know you're in for a treat when the ref has a daughter on the home team.....
Last edited by softball24_7 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: NW girls @ Valley

Post by wobycat »

softball24_7 wrote:And the worst officiating game goes to the 8 th grade NW at Valley game. You know you're in for a treat when the ref has a daughter on the home team.....
Did the refs block their shots?

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

Nope, wasn't really too many blocked shots, but would say close to 15-20 over the backs that was never called. Then you get 1 NW girl that tries it and its called. I mean c'mon man, seriously?? NW gets called for a hand check, all Valley was missing on defense was a saddle That's all I'm saying about the game. It was horrible.. The score board didn't show it, But NW came out with the W.

23northbound
Waterboy

Post by 23northbound »

Lol the only thing I have to say is when you have a girl that is 14" than your tallest player you'll never get an over the back call if she grabs the ball way above the other players reach. That call will never happen! Agree officiating wasn't the best but they weren't the difference in the game NW just got beat by a better team!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If this topic continues to be about the refs and not the game it will not last too long.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

I can't take away from valley, those girls played a great game. Growing up, 13+ years at organized ball, if a player has position for the rebound, and someone got the rebound while having contact with the players back, it was called. No matter if the person was tall or short. That was the difference in the game. It wasn't the blocked shots, which valley did have a few. But if even half of those calls would've been called, it would've been a totally different game. But then you have the center for NW out jump the girl and tip the ball on a rebound, she gets called for over the back with no contact. Maybe I'm missing something??? But anywase, best of luck to those teams and all the teams entering their first round of tourney games tomorrow.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”