Who has the better chance to beat Duke?

Who can beat Duke?

Total votes: 0

run-n-gun
Varsity

Who has the better chance to beat Duke?

Post by run-n-gun »

IMO tOSU has the better team to beat Duke with experience and youth on their side.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: Who has the better chance to beat Duke?

Post by ManitouDan »

I looked for " all of the above" but did'nt see a that as a choice . Any team that is top twenty can beat those punk ___ _________ . On a neutral floor that is . why is everyone enamored by the dookies all over again. Nearly every year (last year was an exception) they start off 20-0 ESPN drools , conference rolls around and they are forced to play away home and the loses come. Only thing that will save this year id the ACC is waaaay down. Cmon a mediocre to bad Maryland team played them even At Puke last week. They ain't all that. And further more coach ratface S U C K S ! MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

PS No kentucky ?? FOUL !

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

you better catch them while kyrie irvin is out :mrgreen: .

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ok i agree lol MD

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I can't see anyone finishing the season without at least one loss.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I don't see Florida st on that list ? LOL Down goes Ratface ! YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS way to go Noles !

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

ManitouDan wrote:I don't see Florida st on that list ? LOL Down goes Ratface ! YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS way to go Noles !
wonder what people call your face to your back--lol

Go Bucks

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I picked North Carolina off the list because I reasoned the best chance for someone to beat them was someone they would actually have to face in conference. As it turned, that conference foe was FSU.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

I missed FSU on the list, but who cares! Duke finally lost at FSU. A bonus to them losing there is that earlier this year, Ohio State went there and won easily.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

FSU either beats Duke at FSU (3 times the past couple years) or plays them down to the wire every time. FSU has Dukes number at FSU recently. I loved every moment of it. FSU led 75 % of the time. Solid win.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

duke had no inside presence all night and got beat hats off to florida state.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I DON'T LIKE DUKE AT ALL... GLAD TO SEE THEM LOSE ANYTIME.

... and yes... YOU CAN CALL ME A HATER.

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Post by Yossarian »

91blue14 wrote:you better catch them while kyrie irvin is out :mrgreen: .
They have a legit chance to go back to back with Irvin. I think the Buckeyes are as good if not better overall and would also be a favorite. Their next week will tell much about them.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

it sure will tell the tale about osu. duke should make a nice tourney run.

What Time Is It?
Waterboy

Post by What Time Is It? »

First of all, any team can beat anyone on any given night. But when Duke is hitting shots they ARE the best team in the nation. The FSU loss i think they shot 30 something % I think the most solid team in the nation is Texas because of thier balance and thier defense. OSU is good, but I think there too young. they were shaky against NW and barely escaped with the win. The top 4 or 5 big east teams are all dangerous though and any of them could win it this year. Really, there is no standout team this year, should be a good tourny.

Blanton34
Waterboy

Post by Blanton34 »

If Kyrie Irving comes back, they will have a higher chance of beating all the teams above. Ohio State would be their biggest competition all around. But we will just have to wait and see who makes it to the tournament first.
NCAA champs will always be Duke.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Word out of Durham is he is not coming back.

If he were playing they are the best team in the country and it's not even close.

I don't see why people hate them so much. It's a great program, full of great kids, who are good students and good people, who play the game the right way. You never question Duke's effort in a game, they may lose but they play hard.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

peake wrote:Word out of Durham is he is not coming back.

If he were playing they are the best team in the country and it's not even close.

I don't see why people hate them so much. It's a great program, full of great kids, who are good students and good people, who play the game the right way. You never question Duke's effort in a game, they may lose but they play hard.
People dont realize that their most talented player isnt on the team and they are still top 10.

I root against Duke but out of respect for Coach K and the program he has built. Every program wishes they were Duke...period.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Good post peake.

I certainly respect Duke and don't root against them. People in our area root against Duke because they pulled one out against the Wildcats several years ago. Usually when teams root against any other team it is because they are full of envy or simply can't beat them. UK fans are bitter in general becasue they had a great recruiter in Pitino and had the most talent and were the best team but fell short in the end more than they won, the Dukies just happened to be in the way sometimes.

Coach K does it right across the board, how can anyone not appreciate his style? To me his biggest defining moment has to be the much improved and changed Kobe B after playing for him on the national team resulting in a much more enjoyable viewing experience when watching Kobe play the game. He brought out a totally different playing style in terms of defense and playing team basketball and changing a guy like Kobe is not easy to do, Phil failed to change his game but one summer revitalized the Lakers.....thanks to a college coach.

I disagree with one point you made about nobody being close to Duke if Kyrie were still playing............mostly because I would like to think the Bucks could play them close but I am a realist and have a thought of how that game would end. Coach K would have an answer for the lack of set offense ran by the Bucks and if we aren't shooting lights out, I agree it probably wouldn't be close.

Return to “College Sports”