Valenths thoughts from Championship Week and FINAL playoff Rankings Prediction

Valenth
SEOP

Valenths thoughts from Championship Week and FINAL playoff Rankings Prediction

Post by Valenth »

Ok.. that was fun! Let's roll out the thoughts...

1. B1G ... Michigan did their job. Destroyed Iowa and it was NO Surprise.

2. ACC ... Despite Florida State having a 3rd String QB.. they got it done and shut down a good Louisville team.

3. BIG XII... Texas walked all over Oklahoma State.

4. PAC12... Washington proved they were at the top of the Mountain for the final PAC12 Championship.

5. SEC.... Georgias streak is DONE. Alabama eeked by for the W.

MY FINAL PREDICTION FOR PLAYOFFS...

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Florida State
4. Texas

5. Alabama
6. Georgia

Ohio State drops to 7th. They needed a lot to happen and it just didn't happen.

If this committee continues to follow the protocol they have done for the past few years. The SEC should be left out. Here is why...

#1 Michigan, Washington and Florida State are UNDEFEATED CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS.

#2. Texas and Alabama are 1 Loss Conference Champions... HOWEVER... Texas owns the Head to Head win over Alabama. Plain and Simple.

Alabama did Beat Georgia... but Both Schedules proved to be watered down. Alabama Won in a Miracle against a very mediocre Auburn. They also escaped the likes of Arkansas and Texas A&M... also Both VERY mediocre teams. And they only beat South Florida by 10... when it should have been at least 30.

When the SEC can Learn not to fill their Schedule with FCS teams throughout the season. Perhaps that will help the resume.

I just hope that this Committee doesn't change the rules just for the favoritism for the SEC... if they do. They will get a LOT of Backlash.

Thoughts.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Valenths thoughts from Championship Week and FINAL playoff Rankings Prediction

Post by OHHS old timer »

I agree Valenth. Washington...Michigan...Florida State all did what they were supposed to do...run the table. Texas destroyed the Cowboys.

Michigan
Washington
Florida St
Texas

Final year of this "made for TV invitational" football playoff owes us one...No SEC in final four!!! PERIOD!!!

Overall...another good day of college football . BTW...if this is the 4 teams...I would be worried about those Longhorns.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Re: Valenths thoughts from Championship Week and FINAL playoff Rankings Prediction

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Florida State flat out got SCREWED

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

The sad thing is.. The Committee put Revenue and SEC before an UNDEFEATED CONFERENCE CHAMPION.. Its Truly sad. It shows even Winning regardless of the situation is a Lose Lose unless you're In the SEC...

Let's Flip the Script. What if it was Alabama with the 3rd String QB... I bet they would put Alabama in there no hesitation.

It's all about Money and Peofits and Revenue... its sick.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Valenth wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:00 pm The sad thing is.. The Committee put Revenue and SEC before an UNDEFEATED CONFERENCE CHAMPION.. Its Truly sad. It shows even Winning regardless of the situation is a Lose Lose unless you're In the SEC...

Let's Flip the Script. What if it was Alabama with the 3rd String QB... I bet they would put Alabama in there no hesitation.

That's a FACT, all about the money. Thank God it's the last year for 4 teams.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Fun Fact... the BEST NON CONFERENCE WIN FOR THE SEC WAS...

When Kentucky beat Louisville.... Oddly enough the SAME Louisville team that LOST BY DOUBLE DIGITS to FLORIDA STATE... at the Hands of that 3rd String QB.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bird Dog wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:06 pm
Valenth wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:00 pm The sad thing is.. The Committee put Revenue and SEC before an UNDEFEATED CONFERENCE CHAMPION.. Its Truly sad. It shows even Winning regardless of the situation is a Lose Lose unless you're In the SEC...

That's a FACT, all about the money. Thank God it's the last year for 4 teams.
Agree, Bird Dog!

Return to “College Sports”