Valenths thoughts from Championship Week and FINAL playoff Rankings Prediction

Valenth
SEOP

Valenths thoughts from Championship Week and FINAL playoff Rankings Prediction

Post by Valenth »

Ok.. that was fun! Let's roll out the thoughts...

1. B1G ... Michigan did their job. Destroyed Iowa and it was NO Surprise.

2. ACC ... Despite Florida State having a 3rd String QB.. they got it done and shut down a good Louisville team.

3. BIG XII... Texas walked all over Oklahoma State.

4. PAC12... Washington proved they were at the top of the Mountain for the final PAC12 Championship.

5. SEC.... Georgias streak is DONE. Alabama eeked by for the W.

MY FINAL PREDICTION FOR PLAYOFFS...

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Florida State
4. Texas

5. Alabama
6. Georgia

Ohio State drops to 7th. They needed a lot to happen and it just didn't happen.

If this committee continues to follow the protocol they have done for the past few years. The SEC should be left out. Here is why...

#1 Michigan, Washington and Florida State are UNDEFEATED CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS.

#2. Texas and Alabama are 1 Loss Conference Champions... HOWEVER... Texas owns the Head to Head win over Alabama. Plain and Simple.

Alabama did Beat Georgia... but Both Schedules proved to be watered down. Alabama Won in a Miracle against a very mediocre Auburn. They also escaped the likes of Arkansas and Texas A&M... also Both VERY mediocre teams. And they only beat South Florida by 10... when it should have been at least 30.

When the SEC can Learn not to fill their Schedule with FCS teams throughout the season.

I just hope that this Committee doesn't change the rules just for the favoritism for the SEC... if they do. They will get a LOT of Backlash.

Thoughts.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Re: Valenths thoughts from Championship Week and FINAL playoff Rankings Prediction

Post by Raiderball »

Agree with everything you said Valenth. 3 undefeated conf champs should be a lock. If Texas head to head win over Bama doesn't get them in I have to ask, why schedule the game.
It is a shame the 12 team playoff doesn't start this year.

cbolt
SEOP

Re: Valenths thoughts from Championship Week and FINAL playoff Rankings Prediction

Post by cbolt »

Wow they had their toughest year yet trying to decide. It all depends what criteria you want to use. Most deserving or best teams? They always say they want the best teams so I think they got it right. Really tough dropping Georgia out since they were number one practically all year and had a chance to 3 peat but you can't lose that championship game the way this year went. As for Florida State they were definitely the most deserving going undefeated and winning their weak conference with back up QBS. They had a championship caliber defense but lets face it their offense without Travis was complete garbage and they would have stood no chance against the other teams in a playoff without Travis. Struggling against Louisville( who got beat by a mediocre sec Kentucky the week before) didn't help the cause. I bet the committee is sure glad this is the last year for 4 teams. Other than that first year they been pretty lucky up until this year with things falling into place.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:53 pm https://sports.yahoo.com/college-footba ... 12411.html.................................
I know its Truly sad.. and as much as it pains me to say this.... I hope Michigan beats the brakes off of Alabama...

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GO WASHINGTON ALL THE WAY!! I back the BIG, but not this time. :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Ole nine and a half will probably sick his bulldozer on me. :lol: :P

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:19 pm Ole nine and a half will probably sick his bulldozer on me. :lol: :P
:lol: I might poke fun and do a little back n forth with him... but im sure ol 9.5 is a good guy!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Valenth wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:20 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:19 pm Ole nine and a half will probably sick his bulldozer on me. :lol: :P
:lol: I might poke fun and do a little back n forth with him... but im sure ol 9.5 is a good guy!
I hope so. I don't want my house knocked over flat by his big d-11 dozer he puts pictures of on here. :lol: C-BOLT says he knocks down big trees with it when the pooperines lose. :lol:

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:27 pm
Valenth wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:20 pm
I hope so. I don't want my house knocked over flat by his big d-11 dozer he puts pictures of on here. :lol: C-BOLT says he knocks down big trees with it when the pooperines lose. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

You better be watching them little trees in your back yard, trench! Although I think you want them out of there a anyway. :lol:
I hope the Longhorns take it all. Like to see the former Buckeye have some success. That would be something to see a rematch in the final between them and Bama, then we would know if it was a fluke or not the first time.

Return to “College Sports”