SEOPS H

Schiano to OSU ?

Post by Omega »

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Schiano to OSU ?

Post by Bleeding Red »

Looks like it a done deal if Bucknuts is reporting it.

Schiano is the former Rutgers head coach when they were relevant and was 5-1 in bowl games at Rutgers. He didnt fare to well as the head coach of the Bucanneers....but who has.

I'm not sure what ties Urban has to Schiano. I always thought Schiano was very detailed when he was with Rutgers.

My question is this: If Urban had ANY faith in Fickell, he would have named him the DC and not went back to this Co-DC system. And if he has no faith in Fickell, why keep him as a Co DC? Makes as much sense to me as Co QBs and running the zone read with Cardale instead of the pro style offense. Might as well make Fickell a position coach only and put 100% of it on Schiano.

With Schiano having FBS and NFL head coaching experience, one has to wonder how long he will stay at OSU (with success) before he moves on to another head coaching job?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I will say this.....Schiano will be nails when it comes to recruiting NJ and the surrounding areas from the relationships he built up while at Rutgers.

Maybe Urban wants to keep Luke as a CO D Coordinator so some other school will hire him as a head coach when all he has done is ride the coat tails of Ash and the likes? We all know what the D would be if Fickell was the sole DC.....thank goodness Urban brought Schiano in so that didnt happen.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Hell of a hire. Becomes the best X's and 0's Coach on this staff on both sides of the ball. Great Coach. You may want to keep the women and children away! But he is a no-nonsense winner and Intense. Will be there 1 year but will be darn worth it.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bleeding Red wrote:I will say this.....Schiano will be nails when it comes to recruiting NJ and the surrounding areas from the relationships he built up while at Rutgers.

Maybe Urban wants to keep Luke as a CO D Coordinator so some other school will hire him as a head coach when all he has done is ride the coat tails of Ash and the likes? We all know what the D would be if Fickell was the sole DC.....thank goodness Urban brought Schiano in so that didnt happen.
NJ has always had some solid tough talent in that area since I can remember. Agree Bleeding Red, Schiano would be good for recruits out of the NJ area.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

This is a FANTASTIC hire!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Great hire.
Keep in mind, our linebackers are great, and have been for a long time. Luke has been the linebackers coach for a long time!
Fickell is a 100% team guy, and a great coach.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

This is a great hire! Great defensive mind, super excited about it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I ALSO THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE ELEVATED FICKELL BUT THIS IS A GREAT HIRE. AND STRETCHES THE RECRUITING WELL INTO THE NORTHEAST WITH THIS HIRE. HE'S VERY SOLID. CURIOUS WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH THE O=COORD. MORE THOUGH.=======I REALIZE IT WOULD BE A LOT ON HIS PLATE. BUT I'D LOVE TO SEE URBAN DO THAT. AND ED WARRINER BE MOVED BACK TO O=LINE COACH.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Great hire.
Keep in mind, our linebackers are great, and have been for a long time. Luke has been the linebackers coach for a long time!
Fickell is a 100% team guy, and a great coach.
He is good position coach. That is it. Be honest....he is making $600k a year because he did his best as interim HC and cannot handle the DC coordinator on his own.

He is a great Buckeye and good coach. Nothing more.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Love this hire

Who Dey!
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

You're Tiger Bait,
I think since Schiano is also being named Assistant HC, Urban takes the offensive reigns. Warrriner was terrible and needs to head back to the O-line.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope so smurray. that's what I'm thinking/hoping as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Meyer will fix the messup that occurred this season. No doubt.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

too many weapons and not sure how to use em. I'd like to see some people stay that plan on leaving early.
the Heisman was zeke's to win had he been used more often.you back is your running game, not your qb. great to have a running qb. but not that often.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and you never have 3rd and 1 , with the team we have and go empty backfield qb run. geesh o pete already.especially from the gun.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Teams would die to have Ohio States talent and depth.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Valenth wrote:Meyer will fix the messup that occurred this season. No doubt.
I am sure he will....but the problem is that he had opportunities to fix it during the season and for whatever reason the play calling and schemes sucked.

This offense could have been one of the greatest in college football. I honestly think that deep down inside Urban thought Beck/Warriner knew what they were doing and it would just explode on the field. At any point Urban could have taken the headset off, called a timeout, and told the offense "I am calling the plays and we are going to push it right down ______'s throat!"

Never happened. It all started with the 2 QB system and never recovered. I hope Shiano can continue the defensive force that is there and Urban can spend his time fine tuning the offense.

There will be no excuse for games called like the one against Mich St next year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I could not agree more red, exactly how I felt all year.i just kept waiting on the talent to be used right. but I felt like who am I to question urban meyer.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Look out Notre dame - Meyers offense rolls.

Return to “College Sports”