OHIO STATE'S GAME AGAINST MARYLAND CANCELED DUE TO “ELEVATED NUMBER OF COVID-19 CASES” AT MARYLAND

Omega
SEOPS H

OHIO STATE'S GAME AGAINST MARYLAND CANCELED DUE TO “ELEVATED NUMBER OF COVID-19 CASES” AT MARYLAND

Post by Omega »

The 2020 college football season is indeed fragile in the year of contagion. With the compressed conference season, no chance of a make up date.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... t-maryland

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
farmer
SEOP

Re: OHIO STATE'S GAME AGAINST MARYLAND CANCELED DUE TO “ELEVATED NUMBER OF COVID-19 CASES” AT MARYLAND

Post by farmer »

With Alabama also off this week. The announcement has been made that Ohio State will play Alabama on Sat. With the game being played in Indianapolis. Then again I just woke up from a nap so that may have just been a dream.

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: OHIO STATE'S GAME AGAINST MARYLAND CANCELED DUE TO “ELEVATED NUMBER OF COVID-19 CASES” AT MARYLAND

Post by Omega »

farmer wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:08 pm With Alabama also off this week. The announcement has been made that Ohio State will play Alabama on Sat. With the game being played in Indianapolis. Then again I just woke up from a nap so that may have just been a dream.
Good try Farmer. I like how you think! Apparently Bama, Auburn, and Tennessee are open this Saturday, but part of the presidents agreement to allow the Big 10 to play was no out of conference games period.

Also there is a story going around that if the Indiana ~OSU game gets cancelled and both schools win out, the Buckeyes would not make the conference championship game because of tie breakers.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

This would be a good idea but they would not play because it might not a team out of the National Championship. As well as finding a place to play that would not be an advantage for either team. Even though the Big 10 does not have multiple games out. The SEC could have teams play each other. The way things are going is I think there is going to be a stoppage of football this season or postseason.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

farmer wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:40 am This would be a good idea but they would not play because it might not a team out of the National Championship. As well as finding a place to play that would not be an advantage for either team. Even though the Big 10 does not have multiple games out. The SEC could have teams play each other. The way things are going is I think there is going to be a stoppage of football this season or postseason.
Yeah, given current events that are unfolding, I think the likelihood of at least the Big 10 pulling the plug on the remaining season is a possibility if any more games get cancelled. It is what it is.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:49 pm
farmer wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:08 pm With Alabama also off this week. The announcement has been made that Ohio State will play Alabama on Sat. With the game being played in Indianapolis. Then again I just woke up from a nap so that may have just been a dream.
Good try Farmer. I like how you think! Apparently Bama, Auburn, and Tennessee are open this Saturday, but part of the presidents agreement to allow the Big 10 to play was no out of conference games period.

Also there is a story going around that if the Indiana ~OSU game gets cancelled and both schools win out, the Buckeyes would not make the conference championship game because of tie breakers.
Thats not at all the way a tie breaker would be decided. Where did you get such information?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:11 pm
Omega wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:49 pm

Thats not at all the way a tie breaker would be decided. Where did you get such information?
The whole story line is predicated on the cancellation of the OSU ~ Indiana game then both teams winning out until the championship round. Indiana would win the tie breaker based on the Hoosiers BIg10 west opponents likely having a better record than OSU's BIg10 west opponents. It is an unlikely scenario but hey its 2020. What can go wrong does go wrong.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/the-big- ... -game-race

https://bigten.org/documents/2020/10/22 ... df?id=6827

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

It goes to the higher ranked team. That would certainly not be Indiana in that situation

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Omega wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:11 pm The 2020 college football season is indeed fragile in the year of contagion. With the compressed conference season, no chance of a make up date.

very strange , unpredictable year my friend, I agree. I hope we never go through this again. I hope all is well with you and your family.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:37 am
Omega wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:11 pm The 2020 college football season is indeed fragile in the year of contagion. With the compressed conference season, no chance of a make up date.

very strange , unpredictable year my friend, I agree. I hope we never go through this again. I hope all is well with you and your family.
We are good Bait, just laying low, which is easy to do when retired.

Return to “College Sports”