#3 Ohio State sluggish, beats Rutgers 49-27

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

#3 Ohio State sluggish, beats Rutgers 49-27

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The Buckeyes looked solid in the first half, but the effort and focus wasn't really there in the second half.

Ohio State (3-0):

Justin Fields - 24/28; 314 pass yards; 5 pass TDs; 1 rush TD
Trey Sermon - 12 carries; 68 rush yards; 11 receiving yards
Garrett Wilson - 6 receptions; 104 receiving yards; 1 receiving TD
Jake Seibert - 7/7 extra points

Rutgers (1-2):

Noah Vedral - 21/32; 165 pass yards; 15 rush yards
Isaih Pacheco - 7 carries; 68 rush yards
Bo Melton - 6 receptions; 83 receiving yards; Punt return for TD
Guy Fava - 1/1 field goals (30 yards)

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: #3 Ohio State sluggish, beats Rutgers 49-27

Post by Omega »

I know it is hard to be critical of a team that just won by 22 points, but OSU does have some issues that will make their upcoming games with Maryland and Indiana more competitive than one would expect. Despite the awesomeness of Justin Fields and the receivers, the rest of the team just seems to be lacking in focus. The season kind of has a 2018 feel to it. Dynamite passing game masking an average running game and defense.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Re: #3 Ohio State sluggish, beats Rutgers 49-27

Post by cbolt »

I think they were just sleepwalking but with that said this team don't look as good as last year yet! I agree omega, Fields and the receivers have carried on but everybody else is a work in progress. The line looks slow and lethargic giving up a lot of penalties and they don't have a running back as dynamic as Dobbins was. Although the line to their credit has given Fields lots of time against these inferior teams. Defensively the secondary has been disappointing and the d-line evens gets pushed off the ball at times against inferior teams. Lots of improvement to be made.

Return to “College Sports”