What College Football REALLY NEEDS TO DO....

Valenth
SEOP

What College Football REALLY NEEDS TO DO....

Post by Valenth »

GoBucks posted about Uniform Conferences... A Very Good Idea.

My Proposal...

Go to a 6 team playoff where the Top two Teams gets "Byes" Then 3 Plays 6 and 5 plays 4. Teams in Would be 5 Power Conference Champions and 1 At Large Bid...

OR

The 8 Team Playoff... Power 5 Conference Champions and 3 At Large Bids.

NOW.... Uniform ALL Power 5 Conferences to 14 Teams Each.

ACC, B1G and SEC: Leave Teams Alone...

BIG XII needs 4 Teams

PAC12 Needs 2 Teams

My pool of Possible Teams:
Boise State
Colorado State
BYU
Utah State
Nevada
Cincy
Houston
Rice
SMU
Louisiana Tech
Arkansas State
Memphis

WHAT I WOULD DO:

BIG XII... ADD...
Houston
Cincy
Memphis
Louisiana Tech

PAC12... ADD...
Boise State
Colorado State

I think these additions are quality additions to make ALL POWER 5 Conferences 14 Teams.

Thoughts...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: What College Football REALLY NEEDS TO DO....

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

as much as I think that the changing of the landscape in college football has settled down. you bring up some very good ideas.boise is the only team that could consistently take on pac 12 opponents. byu could have but bronco mendenhall gone. that is hard to say.the other teams just don't make sense geographically.and Houston will only be relevant in a big school conference if tom herman stays put I think.but it's very interesting. I'm not hearing much on expansion though this year.
actually I've not heard anything.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

one of the main things they have to consider to be a power 5 conference is seating capacity.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

How about down sizing or creating a division of just 64 teams truly interested in competing for the national championship? Sorry Kansas. Sorry Utah State. Sorry Vandy. Go form your non championship division with the 64 teams not in the big group. Other words a NCAA with 5 divisions.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote:How about down sizing or creating a division of just 64 teams truly interested in competing for the national championship? Sorry Kansas. Sorry Utah State. Sorry Vandy. Go form your non championship division with the 64 teams not in the big group. Other words a NCAA with 5 divisions.

Never happen. Teams like Vandy, Purdue, and others get money from their conference when other conference teams make it to bowl games. Its one of the lifelines of the athletic budgets for many of these schools even though they seldom make their own bowl appearance to contribute to it.

Big $$$ will always prevail.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

As for seating capacities at smaller schools... They get into the Big conferences... theyll shell out the $$$ to help these schools add seats to their stadiums. Thats a Given.. Spend $$$... get back more $$$

PLUS

This helps by TV Coverage footprints... BIG XII adds Cincy, Memphis and Louisiana Tech... thats 3 States Added to coverage to Start a viable BIG XII Network (Aside from the joke they call the Longhorn Network) Fox Sports gets a BIG XII network going... HUGE MONEY for the Conference. Same with Boise State and Colorado State... though theyre just adding Idaho to the Media Footprint.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I always hoped the big ten would add cincy and notre dame.--if not pitts or west va.but I think the big ten is done expanding.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I always hoped the big ten would add cincy and notre dame.--if not pitts or west va.but I think the big ten is done expanding.
Im figuring if ND Football ever moved to a conference, itd be the ACC since most of their other Sports are in place there.

Return to “College Sports”