Valenth's FINAL Playoff Predictions before Bowl Season

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Valenth's FINAL Playoff Predictions before Bowl Season

Post by Bleeding Red »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:18 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:33 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:28 pm Buckeyes got penalized for playing ONE 1/2 of bad football.

I’m not gonna talk all the reasons. It was it is now.

It’s on with Clemson.

Onto the Battle of OHIO
Chase Young will have his way with Clemson's O line. The D line FEASTS on pocket QBs.

I'm not overly concerned with Clemson's running attack against out D. Our defensive backend needs to play lights out and we have to get pressure on Trevor Lawrence which I think they will.

With a healthy Fields, Clemson will have a really tough time slowing down our offense.

Scheduling will come into play in this one as well. We have been battle tested. Clemson hasn't. When Virginia drops out of the top 25 they will have ZERO wins against top 25 teams.
It should be an easy win then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Just going by your infatuation with numbers , stats, etc. all year long). The head to head is all that matters in the end so OSU gets their chance to beat the best qb's they've faced all year long at year end. No excuses.
It comes dow to nothing more than ESPN doing whatever it takes to get their team to the final game (SEC).

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

We all hear about the "eye" test and how much of a factor it should be. Even though the Buckeyes came back in the 2nd half and won the game convincingly, they still played defense the first half about as bad as they could have. The Committee knows what they seen yesterday, especially in the first half. I think also that Fields not being that mobile with his injured knee, will also affect the offense of being that explosive going forward. He also holds on to the ball way to long at times, trying to make something out of nothing. If the Badgers sack him 5 or 6 times, I'm very concerned with him facing the Clemson defense. I'm still very hopeful going forward, but the bottom line for me, and has been the whole year is the fact that they beat Michigan and also won the Big 10 Championship.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:28 pm Buckeyes got penalized for playing ONE 1/2 of bad football.

I’m not gonna talk all the reasons. It was it is now.

It’s on with Clemson.

Onto the Battle of OHIO
Chase Young will have his way with Clemson's O line. The D line FEASTS on pocket QBs.

I'm not overly concerned with Clemson's running attack against out D. Our defensive backend needs to play lights out and we have to get pressure on Trevor Lawrence which I think they will.

With a healthy Fields, Clemson will have a really tough time slowing down our offense.

Scheduling will come into play in this one as well. We have been battle tested. Clemson hasn't. When Virginia drops out of the top 25 they will have ZERO wins against top 25 teams.
It should be an easy win then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Just going by your infatuation with numbers , stats, etc. all year long). The head to head is all that matters in the end so OSU gets their chance to beat the best qb's they've faced all year long at year end. No excuses.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Inches, where have you been ? I hope you're doing okay. What do you think about your team facing Alabama in the Citrus Bowl ? That game should really have you excited, I bet that you have already ordered your tickets. I think that your team really has a chance against Bama, of course there's always a possibility that your "Strange" coach will find some way to screw things up. The Buckeyes have a real tough one coming up, I would feel a lot better if there QB was a 100% healthy. Oh well, everyone is a little banged up at this time of the year, we still have to go play the game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:59 pm

Inches, where have you been ? I hope you're doing okay. What do you think about your team facing Alabama in the Citrus Bowl ? That game should really have you excited, I bet that you have already ordered your tickets. I think that your team really has a chance against Bama, of course there's always a possibility that your "Strange" coach will find some way to screw things up. The Buckeyes have a real tough one coming up, I would feel a lot better if there QB was a 100% healthy. Oh well, everyone is a little banged up at this time of the year, we still have to go play the game.
scUM has 0.000000000% chance of making this game competitive against Bama.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:34 am

But Red, you're one of those beating up on Bama and the SEC schools for their schedules this year. You need to pick a lane which in your mind is the B10 highway. :lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:42 am

But Red, you're one of those beating up on Bama and the SEC schools for their schedules this year. You need to pick a lane which in your mind is the B10 highway. :lol:
No...you just dont grasp what I am saying most of the time.

scUM has ZERO chance of making this a competitive game for 4 quarters. That doesnt mean that I am saying Bama is a GREAT team this year. Its just HOW BAD scUM will be in this bowl game. Dont believe me? Look at recent bowl performance under Hairball coached scUM teams.

SEC- Totally carried by LSU. Florida- mediocre. Georgia? Offense sucks. Fromm sucks. Auburn? Decent but offense not good. Nix way off talent wise compared to what they normally have at QB (and yes I understand he is only a freshman).

Tennessee, Old Miss, Kentucky, Mizzou, A&M, Arkansas??? All bad. Records prove it. Take away their FCS wins and cupcakes and the conference (outside of LSU) is WWAAAAAAYYYYYYY down this year.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

I'm a pure big 10 fan...............fleeing red is a circle talker..........back and forth with opinions.........with many blah blah blah's mixed in with his or hers posts...........A big good chance disappointment is headed his or her way..........I will probably be breaking out the pacifier again.......Almost got to with the cheese heads.........Columbus is lucky they ran out of gas........ they could have beat Columbus........... Go ahead and blame it on your sore knee gimpy QB........that excuse is not valid and bogus pacifier whining.......he don't play defense........and the cheese heads put some points on the board easy............

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:31 pm

I'm a pure big 10 fan...............fleeing red is a circle talker..........back and forth with opinions.........with many blah blah blah's mixed in with his or hers posts...........A big good chance disappointment is headed his or her way..........I will probably be breaking out the pacifier again.......Almost got to with the cheese heads.........Columbus is lucky they ran out of gas........ they could have beat Columbus........... Go ahead and blame it on your sore knee gimpy QB........that excuse is not valid and bogus pacifier whining.......he don't play defense........and the cheese heads put some points on the board easy............
How was your little vacation General? Inspector.........

You crack me up. You'll be back on "vacation" again in no time flat!

Where you belong :lol: :lol: :lol:

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Inches,I'm a Big 10 fan also, and during Bowl season I always root for all the Big 10 schools, even though it sometimes pains me to do so. When I said that I hope that Fields is close to 100% healthy, I really think that for the Buckeyes to be able to play with or be able to beat Clemson, that they will have to outscore them. I know that Clemson is going to score points on the Buckeyes, therefore the Buckeyes will need to be at there best on offense to keep pace with them. I hope that I'm wrong, but that's what I'm afraid of. I think that you and I might even agree on one thing, that Clemson will no doubt be the best team that the Buckeyes will have faced all year, and likewise the Buckeyes will be the best team that Clemson has faced all year also. Good luck against Bama, I think you just might surprise some people.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:46 pm

General?...........Inspector?.........Vacation?...........Haven't got a clue what you are talking about,.....but I'll roll with it.......Only thing I can think of is it sounds like someone got suspended off of here.......Did you tell on them with pacifier whining?.......Me, I haven't said anything too awful to get what you call a vacation.........You have called posters idiots etc.......Never seen that from me on here.....Better worry about yourself getting the boot......But I suppose most on here don't need pacifiers and have a backbone to ignore and overlook the things you have said..........Most wouldn't be a sneaky pacifier complainer and report posts that aren't really attacking.......Report me, they will see my posts are harmless VS some of yours.........But back to the playoffs.......pretty good chance the pacifier will come out after it's all over with........

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:34 am

General?...........Inspector?.........Vacation?...........Haven't got a clue what you are talking about,.....but I'll roll with it.......Only thing I can think of is it sounds like someone got suspended off of here.......Did you tell on them with pacifier whining?.......Me, I haven't said anything too awful to get what you call a vacation.........You have called posters idiots etc.......Never seen that from me on here.....Better worry about yourself getting the boot......But I suppose most on here don't need pacifiers and have a backbone to ignore and overlook the things you have said..........Most wouldn't be a sneaky pacifier complainer and report posts that aren't really attacking.......Report me, they will see my posts are harmless VS some of yours.........But back to the playoffs.......pretty good chance the pacifier will come out after it's all over with........
Oh you know exactly what I am talking about.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

That dang sec bias again. Do they even deserve a team in the playoffs? They play such weak schedules you know. If they had to come north in November and play the likes of rutger, Mary, nw, hoosier and the frost boys... that bayou bengal qb couldn’t even play for the bucks. Also not as good as what the frost boys already had at qb.
🤨

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Raiderball wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:40 am That dang sec bias again. Do they even deserve a team in the playoffs? They play such weak schedules you know. If they had to come north in November and play the likes of rutger, Mary, nw, hoosier and the frost boys... that bayou bengal qb couldn’t even play for the bucks. Also not as good as what the frost boys already had at qb.
🤨
I have no way but to agree 100% with the basis of the Burrow Argument... However the SEC has those bottomfeeders too such as Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Tennessee and One Miss...

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:39 am
9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:34 am

Oh you know exactly what I am talking about.
And again......no I don't...............

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Not just the CFP but a lot of big time matchups for the Top B10 teams this year overall for the first time in years. OSU-Clemson, Whisky-Oregon, Michigan-Alabama, Minny-Auburn and Iowa-USC. Penn State should roll Memphis. This is the year the B10 can make a statement for total respect of the conference on the national stage. If they don't fare well in the above games all the perceived "bias" talk should be squashed completely. If they want respect, win these games.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I really don't think that it is just a rumor, but read on Eleven Warriors that the Buckeyes might even be losing a 2nd assistant coach. There's talk going around that Texas Tom Herman might be poaching Mike Yurich to come to Texas as his new OC. Ryan Day hired him as the QB coach this year from Oklahoma State. The idiot that broke this is Brent McMurphy, ( May have spelled his name wrong ) the one last year when the Urban Meyer and Zach Smith problems came to the forefront. A couple other unnamed sources have said that it might even be possible that Ryan Day may not be happy with Yurich, and that he may have told Yurich to kind of start looking for another job. It was also said that Yurich might not be the easiest coach to get along with. Sometimes when there's smoke, there also might be fire. I guess that we will just have to wait and see.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:31 am Not just the CFP but a lot of big time matchups for the Top B10 teams this year overall for the first time in years. OSU-Clemson, Whisky-Oregon, Michigan-Alabama, Minny-Auburn and Iowa-USC. Penn State should roll Memphis. This is the year the B10 can make a statement for total respect of the conference on the national stage. If they don't fare well in the above games all the perceived "bias" talk should be squashed completely. If they want respect, win these games.
Of which OSU, Wisky, Iowa and Penn State should win.

Minny game is a toss up. If Nix plays well Auburn wins. If Minny can force him into a couple of TO's, Minny can win.

Hairball and Co have no shot in the game against Bama unless that Bama team is totally unfocused and they have a lot of players sit the bowl game out.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:35 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:31 am Not just the CFP but a lot of big time matchups for the Top B10 teams this year overall for the first time in years. OSU-Clemson, Whisky-Oregon, Michigan-Alabama, Minny-Auburn and Iowa-USC. Penn State should roll Memphis. This is the year the B10 can make a statement for total respect of the conference on the national stage. If they don't fare well in the above games all the perceived "bias" talk should be squashed completely. If they want respect, win these games.

Minny game is a toss up. If Nix plays well Auburn wins. If Minny can force him into a couple of TO's, Minny can win.

Hairball and Co have no shot in the game against Bama unless that Bama team is totally unfocused and they have a lot of players sit the bowl game out.
So you think the Big 10 will go 4-2 @ worst or 5-1. I personally see a 3-3 @ best in these 6 games but we'll know in a week how it all shakes out. 8-)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:08 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:35 am

So you think the Big 10 will go 4-2 @ worst or 5-1. I personally see a 3-3 @ best in these 6 games but we'll know in a week how it all shakes out. 8-)
Yes. 4-2 is definitely possible. Dont forget the B1G has had very good Bowl seasons recently

Return to “College Sports”