tOSU vs Penn State

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

tOSU vs Penn State

Post by Bleeding Red »

Bucks open as a 19 point favorite which seems a little high to me considering this game has typically been a one score game.

Penn State didnt look overpowering against an Indiana team that OSU totally dominated.

OSU gave up a cheap score vs Rutgers but ultimately got their starters out at halftime, which was the goal.

I like OSU winning.......

PSU 17
OSU 31

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: tOSU vs Penn State

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Bucks 49-21 (PSU getting a little better on offense but have no running game and db's giving up too many big plays all year).

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Buckeyes by at least 3 TD’s.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Indiana had quite a bit of success throwing the ball against Penn State, this particular game the Lions run defense was a lot better than there pass defense. The Buckeyes will need to know where PS's tight end is all the time, as he's a very big part of there offense. The Lions QB is pretty good at tucking the ball and scrambling if need be. I think the Buckeyes will be able to both run and pass against there defense. Fields has been reluctant to tuck the ball and run at times this year, mainly because they didn't want him to. I look for that to change this game, and for him to do whatever is needed this game. Look for a good ballgame, just think that the Buckeyes are a better team.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Weather could be a factor in this one as well. Cold raining conditions have not been kind to OSU this time of year in the past.
If it’s cold and raining it could make this game a lot closer than it should be.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Looking for OSU to win. OSU has to many horses for a Loaded sophomore PSU, but GO PENN STATE! Wouldn't surprise me though at any outcome. Both will have some hidden pocket stuff that hasn't been seen yet.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Trench and red, time to throw it down! :lol:
My pick- THEE OSU wins it by three or more TDS. If it was over there I would predict a closer game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I meant to post this earlier when I said that the tight end for Penn State is a big part of there offense. I know that the Coaches and the players for the Buckeyes no doubt have a lot of respect for Tuf Borland, as he was elected as a Captain again this year. I get nervous every time I see him on the field, He will knock your socks off if he can hit you, that's where the problem comes in. He not only can not run sideline to sideline, because he does not have enough speed, but god forbid if he has to cover a tight end in a passing situation. I just hope that the Coaches have a plan where as when he is in the game, that he does not have to cover there tight end. I really hope that I'm wrong.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

First game of the year for OSU

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I think we should expect a close game not decided until the fourth quarter. I know OSU has the superior recruits and statistics, and logic would dictate a twenty one point Buckeye victory, but the Buckeyes have only beaten the Lions by one point each of the last two seasons. Why would 2019 be any different especially since the Buckeyes have yet to face any true adversity through their first ten games. A loss to PSU would knock the Bucks out of any championship scenario.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

cbolt wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:10 pm Trench and red, time to throw it down! :lol:
My pick- THEE OSU wins it by three or more TDS. If it was over there I would predict a closer game.
Nah. Trenchy and I have both been on SEOPS for a long time. Sure we might stab each other to near death on here from time to time, but I will be respectful.

I love my bucks and he seems to hate them....and based on what they have done to PSU in the past few years I cant blame him.

Now back to the game:

PSU has not faced a defense even comparable to this one of tOSU.

Chase Young will be ready to MAUL the guys on the other side of the line.

PSU's pass coverage looked really bad vs Indiana. If Fields takes care of the football, they can light them up and open the run for JK and Master Teague.

PSU will sorely miss McSorely no pun intended, as the current QB is effective but is no where close to extending plays with his legs like McSorely. I expect OSU to give PSU's O line confusing looks that put their QB in harms way.

OSU has to start this game with laser focus, not have TOs like they did to start the game the last time PSU came to town, and jump all over PSU. They are a dangerous team if OSU lets them hang around past the first half/middle 3rd quarter.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

this game has lost some of it's luster ranking wise. but make no mistake, this'll be a slobberknocker in the trenches these two know how to get up for each other. and I expect a closer game than most. I could care less about a point spread. I just want a victory. and we certainly can't be looking forward to next week. because we close out the regular season with 2 enourmous tasks in penn state and Michigan. somebody told me I guess minn. wasn't that good because iowa beat em. and I said no minn. is that good, but iowa beating them shows the pairity and depth of the big ten. if you don't believe me look at the top 25. it's full of big ten teams. minn. offensive line averages 340 pounds a man. they have a 6'8'' 400lber. and they have a huge team full of big bodied men. they earned their victory over penn state, and iowa deserved their win over minn. the big ten is very deep. we have a couple of hiccups at the bottom, but who don't.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I see Gameday will be there. Is this a 12:00 kickoff ??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I expect chase young to be a man amongst boys Saturday.

Don’t want to sound cocky overly confident or make anyone think ya Bucks have this game in the bag before kickoff. But in a perfect world we should dominate. Just need to go do it. We don’t need a game such as ones we always reference to from the past. Just go do what we have been doing since Labor Day and we should be in a good shape.

I don’t feel this game is the first true test of the season. We have beat some pretty good football teams. When i sat in the shoe on that hot day against Cincy I thought Fickells team looked good. Now , I wasn’t watching the scoreboard to make that statement. I was looking at Cincys team speed , techniques, attitudes, etc....but I was blown away by OSU....it’s absolutely no suprise to me Cincy is a one loss Top 15 team....Wisconsin ranked. The other BIG10 teams may not be as good as past teams but it’s still BIG10 football and everyone of those teams has the capability of beating anyone in the country on any given day. If the Buckeyes didn’t literally blow out every team they have played and just won these games by 2-3scores they would not be getting the praise they are. But since they have destroyed every team including the ranked teams they now get ridiculed of not playing anyone. Bucks are always up against the 8Ball. Damned if they do. Damned if they don’t.

I hope we can continue to do what we have all hoped they would do and have done. All we need is 3more Ws and we are in!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:03 am I see Gameday will be there. Is this a 12:00 kickoff ??
Yes, And I hate the noon games. I like the 3:30 kick offs. Don't really care for evening prime time games either. Never did.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:06 am
cbolt wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:10 pm Trench and red, time to throw it down! :lol:
Nah. Trenchy and I have both been on SEOPS for a long time. Sure we might stab each other to near death on here from time to time, but I will be respectful.

and he seems to hate them....

"Seems" and "does" are two different things. This week it falls in the "does" category. Might fall in to the "does" category in the big poop house if you keep thinking you know my thoughts. :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:35 pm

"Seems" and "does" are two different things. This week it falls in the "does" category. Might fall in to the "does" category in the big poop house if you keep thinking you know my thoughts. :lol:
Whatever floats your boat ;)

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:28 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:03 am I see Gameday will be there. Is this a 12:00 kickoff ??
Yes, And I hate the noon games. I like the 3:30 kick offs. Don't really care for evening prime time games either. Never did.

I agree trench...…..hard for me to stay up on till the end of 8:00 game and the 12:00 games are too early......3:3o is prime time :D

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:11 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:35 pm

Whatever floats your boat ;)
My Boat will probably sink Saturday, Red. Penn State is no push over this year, but to be honest they just haven't got enough to do what it will take to win in the shoe. Next two coming years they will be better/matured to take on any task, IMO. Hoping anyways.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:17 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:28 pm

I agree trench...…..hard for me to stay up on till the end of 8:00 game and the 12:00 games are too early......3:3o is prime time :D
Same here, County. 3:30 is right in the middle prime time. :) Still daylight like college games should be too. Night games are for high school, IMO. :lol:

Return to “College Sports”