3. Clemson
4. Georgia

5. Alabama
6. Oregon
7. Utah

8. Penn State
9. Oklahoma
10. Florida

Things I took away from this past week....

#1. The BIG XII looks to be the odd conference out for now. As Valiant of an effort Oklahoma in Waco to knock off Undefeated Baylor... We all knew Baylor has skated by way too many times this year and eventually got burnt by the Sooners. also Kansas State losing to WVU?! This conference has beat up on each other... And lessened the luster of the Conference as a whole

#2. So the SEC Championship looks to be LSU/Georgia... after Georgia skating by Auburn and LSU eventually dismantling Ole Miss... On top of Alabama losing Tagovailoa to a very rough hip injury... I don't think Alabama can go any higher In the CFP Rankings due to their Strength of Schedule... Their Non Conference Schedule is a joke and let's be honest... the SEC West is way down this year. The Iron bowl has much less implications now thanks to Georgia.

#3. The B1G East will be decided next week when Ohio State and Penn State plays... The bigger question.. What team will come out of the West to challenge? Minnesota or Wisconsin.... We will find out soon...

#4. The PAC 12 still looking to be the match-up between Oregon and Utah... With looking at Both of the remaining schedules for the two... I think these two remain untouched up to the PAC 12 Championship...

#5. ACC.... Clemson vs whoever... Won't matter.

#6. Group of 5 best teams.... Cincinnati, Memphis and Boise State.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Valenth's CFB Rankings for 11/17

Post by smurray »

1. Ohio State (all around good offense and defense)
1. LSU (not very good defense)
3. Clemson (played no one)
4. Georgia (just because - they do have a bad loss)

5. Oregon
6. Utah
7. Alabama
8. Oklahoma
(5-8 on the outside looking in needing help)

9. Penn State
10. Minnesota

Minnesota because they just have the 1 loss. Florida with 2 losses and no offense.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Valenth's CFB Rankings for 11/17

Post by VetteMan »

smurray wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:09 pm 1. Ohio State (all around good offense and defense)
1. LSU (not very good defense)
3. Clemson (played no one)
4. Georgia (just because - they do have a bad loss)

5. Oregon
6. Utah
7. Alabama
8. Oklahoma
(5-8 on the outside looking in needing help)

9. Penn State
10. Minnesota

Minnesota because they just have the 1 loss. Florida with 2 losses and no offense.
Pretty much agree with you, If Georgia were to beat LSU, both will probably remain in the top 4, If LSU wins against the Bulldogs, Georgia out and the winner of Oregon and Utah in the top 4. Still a lot of football to be played, Buckeyes win the next 2, they are in regardless. I don't see Bama getting in now regardless, as the Committee will probably look at the situation with there QB. If the Buckeyes do not win both of these next 2 games, I don't even want to think about it.

Return to “College Sports”