19 Texas (6-3) at Iowa St. (5-4)..3:30PM

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

19 Texas (6-3) at Iowa St. (5-4)..3:30PM

Post by OHHS old timer »

Interesting game. Texas has been in and out of the Top 25. The Cyclones lost a heartbreaker to Oklahoma last week.

Cyclones are a 7pt fav and computers favor them as well (71%).

Interesting game or??? Whatcha think folks...

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 19 Texas (6-3) at Iowa St. (5-4)..3:30PM

Post by VetteMan »

Texas better win this game, or I think the heat is going to get turned up on ole Tommy boy. The big Alumni and the important boosters down in the Lone Star State, sometimes don't always have a lot of patience. They forced Mack Brown out, and over the years he had been very successful. This one should be pretty interesting, as Tom Herman was an assistant at Iowa State when Urban brought him to Ohio State, even though a few years have passed since then.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:21 am Texas better win this game, or I think the heat is going to get turned up on ole Tommy boy. The big Alumni and the important boosters down in the Lone Star State, sometimes don't always have a lot of patience. They forced Mack Brown out, and over the years he had been very successful. This one should be pretty interesting, as Tom Herman was an assistant at Iowa State when Urban brought him to Ohio State, even though a few years have passed since then.
I agree . Everyone up here in c-bus was saying he was the guru and the next head coach after Urby when he went to Houston but the Longhorns came calling and that was that. He's still young but better start producing shortly. I don't know if they've got enough defense with all the injuries this year but should be able to win this game.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Uh...what happened to Matt Campbell? He was the next great coach to ascend to higher ground. Is he a captive of the ceiling at Iowa State or the latest flavor of the year flameout?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Texas being ranked in the top 25 is a JOKE and only done for one reason only.....

To strengthen LSU's resume.

I hope the Cyclones kick the living crap out of the Tom Hermanns this weekend!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If Texas Tom has a couple games left this year, he better win those plus win his bowl game, and then a 9-4 record just may get him another year. It doesn't matter how big his contract is, or how much his buy out would be, if those Alumni and Big Boosters decide a change should be made, he'll be gone.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I really don't know whether Texas Tom can win this next game or not ? Even though Baylor blew a big lead against Oklahoma, they may be pretty hard to beat at Baylor.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:23 am Texas being ranked in the top 25 is a JOKE and only done for one reason only.....

To strengthen LSU's resume.

I hope the Cyclones kick the living crap out of the Tom Hermanns this weekend!
Always a conspiracy theorist.
But I will agree with their ranking being a joke.
I don’t like the preseason rankings. Texas, Michigan, ND always start with high ranking then can’t back it up. VT was another that for several years lived off the Michael Vick era.

Return to “College Sports”