Chase Young Is Suspended

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Chase Young Is Suspended

Post by smurray »

Have not seen one thing about gambling. The only thing Ive seen is he took a loan and paid it back. The typical over reaching power hungry NCAA.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

smurray wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:35 pm Have not seen one thing about gambling. The only thing Ive seen is he took a loan and paid it back. The typical over reaching power hungry NCAA.
The story now does seem to center on a repaid loan from a family friend. The suspension is precautionary as the investigation is undertaken. The questions are 1.) was the family friend an agent? 2.) where did the money to repay the loan come from? 3.) when did TOSU learn about the situation and was there any audit trail of a coverup? The answers will determine if a one or two game suspension or Young is sufficient punishment or if he is done for good at OSU. The question about timing will determine if the university itself has no penalty or if they will be sanctioned in some way by vacating wins, bowl or tv bans, or of course scholarship reductions.

Hopefully the situation will be resolved in such a manner that does not derail the Buckeye drive for championships.

We all agree that the NCAA rules are archaic in this day and age and it always seems it is OSU that is penalized, yet the NCAA and its rules are the only game in town.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Denzil Ware of Kentucky accepted $1,628 from an agent (not a loan that he paid back) and was suspended one game by UK.
NCAA declared no further punishment was needed.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Despite this being newsworthy... I feel this is a miniscule occurrence being blown out of proportion by media sources.. This comes up now at the point where Ohio State just now takes the #1 spot? The loan was repaid. You Think this story would be out there as much if this were to be an Alabama, Auburn or any other SEC player? Oh I forgot... The Favoritism curtain would have been pulled. I was born on a day... It wasn't Yesterday.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Valenth wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:54 pm Despite this being newsworthy... I feel this is a miniscule occurrence being blown out of proportion by media sources.. This comes up now at the point where Ohio State just now takes the #1 spot? The loan was repaid. You Think this story would be out there as much if this were to be an Alabama, Auburn or any other SEC player? Oh I forgot... The Favoritism curtain would have been pulled. I was born on a day... It wasn't Yesterday.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

More info from the Columbus Dispatch BuckeyeExtra. Loan, which has been repaid, was used to help Young's family attend the 2028 Rose Bowl. Decent chance Young will have only two game suspension:

https://www.buckeyextra.com/news/201911 ... -rose-bowl

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

1 game should be it

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

A loan that has been paid back ! I thought he did something wrong ! LOOKS LIKE A BUNCH B'S TO ME!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Geronimo wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:11 pm A loan that has been paid back ! I thought he did something wrong ! LOOKS LIKE A BUNCH B'S TO ME!
Of course it is BS but the violation is what it is. The story line now is Young is looking at four game suspension due to the dollar amount involved in the transaction. Unless OSU wins an appeal, Young may have played his last snap as a Buckeye. Not to mention any investigation runs the risk of turning up more violations.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... it-reports

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... ohio-state

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

That's what I'm afraid of too, omega. All seems pretty innocent now but what else will pop up during the investigating? I remember the tat gate all seemed pretty innocent in the beginning then turned into a raging fire. Even the recent scandal was pretty innocent at first but got a little worse as time went on and pretty much got Meyer out, whether he admits it or not. Lets just hope what he is saying is all there is to it. TOSU has been a coaches graveyard for scandals.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

OSU is a scandal hotbed, Bolt. But 80% of the true fans act like and ignore all of them like they are a trouble free school. When did this happen, Last year? That ought to give some idea of what goes on up there on a regular basis. Got a buddy that lives in Reynoldsburg and he hears all kinds of stuff from has been players in the past. They get away with all kinds of stuff. Lots of steroid use he told me that they haven't caught. He said players has told him there are lots of sneaky ways of getting around that.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The NCAA is on its way out. Just a matter of time. To me there is a lot of difference between getting money handed to you then barrowing it and paying it back. No money gained verses money advantage. Are they going to make a guy sit out a game for barrowing $2.00 from his roommate to buy a soda on Thursday night and paying it back Monday morning after returning from Mom and Dads? Money barrowed is money barrowed. A loan is a loan. Big barrow little barrow-big loan small loan. It is a exchange of money.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I’d like to hear more about the family “friend”.
🤔

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:13 pm OSU is a scandal hotbed, Bolt. But 80% of the true fans act like and ignore all of them like they are a trouble free school. When did this happen, Last year? That ought to give some idea of what goes on up there on a regular basis. Got a buddy that lives in Reynoldsburg and he hears all kinds of stuff from has been players in the past. They get away with all kinds of stuff. Lots of steroid use he told me that they haven't caught. He said players has told him there are lots of sneaky ways of getting around that.
That stuff goes on at OSU I'm sure. But it also goes on at Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Stanford, etc., etc.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:53 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:13 pm OSU is a scandal hotbed, Bolt. But 80% of the true fans act like and ignore all of them like they are a trouble free school. When did this happen, Last year? That ought to give some idea of what goes on up there on a regular basis. Got a buddy that lives in Reynoldsburg and he hears all kinds of stuff from has been players in the past. They get away with all kinds of stuff. Lots of steroid use he told me that they haven't caught. He said players has told him there are lots of sneaky ways of getting around that.
That stuff goes on at OSU I'm sure. But it also goes on at Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Stanford, etc., etc.
It most definitely goes on at other schools. I know that. Just saying most of the OSU fans that I know act like OSU is trouble free when other schools gets into some kinda of trouble. They act like other schools are low life's when trouble arises. Not all but most I've talked to have. The Moose Lodge here in town is full of do no wrong Buckeye fans. Many talk about the fans in there on Saturday nights. I know one guy that don't go there no more because he said it's sickening. :lol: :lol: C-BOLT will verify that. :lol: And he's even a big buckeye fan. :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I'm a Buckeye...…….I was at a wedding a few years ago and this husky women, not a Washington Husky either, was a Buckeye fan and she was just going on about a few things that were not true. I sort of in the best nice guy thing tell her that wasn't so and let her know once again being the nice guy that I am let her know the real facts. This women was going to knock the crap out of me right there at the wedding. Took her about three years to talk to me, cause when I would see her I went the other way.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

That's funny reply! Trenchfoot, Big D won't go in there no more because of that and he loves TOSU ,but got tired of hearing the poopy then watching them get beat and hearing all the whining and excuses. I would say most rabid fan bases are like that. Got your good ones and bad ones in every bunch. Noreply sounds like he ran into a really bad one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “College Sports”