#1 Alabama vs #2 LSU

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: #1 Alabama vs #2 LSU

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Burrow in my opinion is the clear front-runner for the Heisman right now! I'm very sold on him.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:39 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:43 pm LSU is just on another level. Burrow could end up being the greatest QB to ever play for Ohio State. You could make that argument right now
LSU is good, I'm still not sold on the defense. You could say that LSU's offense is on another level.

Here's the thing about your constant comments about Burrow being "the best QB ever at Ohio State." The coaches obviously saw them play more than we did. It's not like Burrow was a world beater last year in his first year at LSU. He was good, but not great. The new offensive coordinator at LSU came in and completely changed everything, which is something that has really helped Burrow shine.

His time at OSU didn't work out for either side, and that's completely okay!! It doesn't always work. I'm glad a kid from SE Ohio is successful!
Your post makes to much sense. Don't you realize that it's easier to just throw something against the wall and hope it sticks ? I also agree about him being at the front for the Heisman.

BoJack Horseman
Waterboy

Post by BoJack Horseman »

Omega wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:26 pm Final LSU 46 Bama 41. Burrow's toughness and leadership the difference. I cannot remember watching a more intense, hard hitting game. I hate to say it, but I do not think OSU could have survived either team this night.
That's silly. When you look at recruiting totals on the rosters or NFL projections on the rosters, OSU can match up with anyone. Then, toss in that OSU is the only team that has consistently played well on both sides of the ball.

Neither LSU or Bama have played good defense against any decent offensive team all year. LSU just gave up 400+ yards rushing to Ole Miss. If OSU did that, they'd drop in the polls and the country would be talking about what garbage they are.

Clemson is the true concern, as they have been playing well on both sides lately.

BoJack Horseman
Waterboy

Chieftain2009 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:39 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:43 pm LSU is just on another level. Burrow could end up being the greatest QB to ever play for Ohio State. You could make that argument right now
LSU is good, I'm still not sold on the defense. You could say that LSU's offense is on another level.

Here's the thing about your constant comments about Burrow being "the best QB ever at Ohio State." The coaches obviously saw them play more than we did. It's not like Burrow was a world beater last year in his first year at LSU. He was good, but not great. The new offensive coordinator at LSU came in and completely changed everything, which is something that has really helped Burrow shine.

His time at OSU didn't work out for either side, and that's completely okay!! It doesn't always work. I'm glad a kid from SE Ohio is successful!
Agree. People keep forgetting that Burrow was injured in 2017 and the 2018 OSU QB race was 2018 Haskins against 2018 Burrow only. Now, with that in mind, go check how both performed in 2018.

Plus, I'd take Haskins for 1 year and Fields for 2 years over 2018 Burrow for 1 year and 2019 Burrow for 1 year. This worked out best for all involved.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

BoJack Horseman wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:39 pm
Omega wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:26 pm Final LSU 46 Bama 41. Burrow's toughness and leadership the difference. I cannot remember watching a more intense, hard hitting game. I hate to say it, but I do not think OSU could have survived either team this night.
That's silly. When you look at recruiting totals on the rosters or NFL projections on the rosters, OSU can match up with anyone. Then, toss in that OSU is the only team that has consistently played well on both sides of the ball.

Neither LSU or Bama have played good defense against any decent offensive team all year. LSU just gave up 400+ yards rushing to Ole Miss. If OSU did that, they'd drop in the polls and the country would be talking about what garbage they are.

Clemson is the true concern, as they have been playing well on both sides lately.
My qualifying statement was "that night".
Ohio State's talent level is unquestioned. The Buckeye coaching staff has found the right buttons to push as evidenced by their statistical dominance. Yet what remains to be seen is how the Bucks and Fields will react in a street fight atmosphere that was Bama-LSU.

As to Clemson they are peaking at the right time. The Tiger defense held a credible Wake Forest offense to 105 total yards. I know it is fashionable to trash Clemson and Dabo, but the path to the national championship likely runs through Death Valley east instead of Baton Rouge.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
BoJack Horseman
Waterboy

Omega wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:20 pm
BoJack Horseman wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:39 pm

My qualifying statement was "that night".
Ohio State's talent level is unquestioned. The Buckeye coaching staff has found the right buttons to push as evidenced by their statistical dominance. Yet what remains to be seen is how the Bucks and Fields will react in a street fight atmosphere that was Bama-LSU.

As to Clemson they are peaking at the right time. The Tiger defense held a credible Wake Forest offense to 105 total yards. I know it is fashionable to trash Clemson and Dabo, but the path to the national championship likely runs through Death Valley east instead of Baton Rouge.
Yeah, but not sure why anyone would think OSU wouldn't stand up to the challenge. After all, they were up 10-0 against UW in the 3rd, then had a punt blocked that UW eventually cashed in for 7. 10-7 game with all momentum in favor of UW. OSU responded to that by rattling off 4 straight TDs.

I agree that there are questions about OSU being pushed hard in the 4th, but there is no reason to assume OSU would wilt and it's a credit to OSU that they haven't allowed a team to push them into the 4th.

Plus, to LSU's credit, Bama never once had the ball down one score, so it isn't like Bama really made it that close. Bama played one difficult game. It was at home. They never had the ball with a chance to win.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burrow is just on another level compared to the rest of college football. LSU is getting back back the best linebacker in the country this week. The defense should be at 100% come Georgia and for the playoffs

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:32 pm Burrow is just on another level compared to the rest of college football. LSU is getting back back the best linebacker in the country this week. The defense should be at 100% come Georgia and for the playoffs
Very good? Absolutely. Saying he is on a different level compared to the rest of college football? Hardly not.

Right now Heisman front runner but there a few others right there.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

There is no one even close. The Vegas people agree

BoJack Horseman
Waterboy

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:44 am There is no one even close. The Vegas people agree
Vegas is setting that line to make money - meaning Burrow is highly likely to win the Heisman. It's not a judgment of player caliber. If any player from any team was the public's favorite to win the Heisman, the Vegas odds would match public sentiment.

Plus, the Heisman has basically become an award for the most productive QB on a playoff team. Tua is hurt, so he's out. Lawrence struggled early in the season and was written off weeks ago. Georgia is carried by the defense and running game. Hurts's team lost to an average team. Fields plays slightly over half of OSU's game minutes, and even though he is a great runner, he doesn't carry the ball often because of the blowouts and OSU's lack of depth at QB. That leaves Burrow among the QBs, which are the only guys truly considered.

Besides the above, Burrow is way ahead because (i) he is very good, (ii) his high-profile team is undefeated, and (iii) his defense gives up enough points, even to bad teams, to allow him to play most of LSU's game minutes.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

By ESPN Total quarterback ratings Burrow moved up to number 3 at 93.2 Fields number 2 at 93.8. Tagovailoa number 1 at 94.5 Hurt now number 4 at 92.8 was in the number 2 till last Saturday. 100 being the top

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burrow is having arguably the greatest QB season in college football history.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:01 pm Burrow is having arguably the greatest QB season in college football history.
I hope he wins the trophy, Raider. I'm with ya every inch of the way. He's very good ole bud, and has proven it to me, IMO & FWIW.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I’m just so happy he thumped on ole Saint Nick. Just sucks watching OSU the last few years thinking how they were missing a true QB. I could have QB that team to 11 wins and I’m fat :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:01 pm Burrow is having arguably the greatest QB season in college football history.

But he might not break any season records Needs 21 more TB passes and 2147 yards passing for the season

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Check this out, Raider. Very cool plush stuff right here ole bud. State of the art. Sure do take care of their players down there at LSU.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

itsme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:54 pm By ESPN Total quarterback ratings Burrow moved up to number 3 at 93.2 Fields number 2 at 93.8. Tagovailoa number 1 at 94.5 Hurt now number 4 at 92.8 was in the number 2 till last Saturday. 100 being the top
Doesnt really say that one player (Burrow) has CLEARLY ran away from the pack.......

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:57 pm
itsme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:54 pm By ESPN Total quarterback ratings Burrow moved up to number 3 at 93.2 Fields number 2 at 93.8. Tagovailoa number 1 at 94.5 Hurt now number 4 at 92.8 was in the number 2 till last Saturday. 100 being the top
Doesnt really say that one player (Burrow) has CLEARLY ran away from the pack.......
Fields has played little sisters of the poor. OSU is dominate because of the line and the run game

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:32 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:57 pm
Fields has played little sisters of the poor. OSU is dominate because of the line and the run game
Sounds kind of like Burrow's high school schedule where he couldn't win a championship there either.

Return to “College Sports”