Valenth's Playoff Scenario as of 10/13/19

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's Playoff Scenario as of 10/13/19

Post by Valenth »

This is my top 4 .. If the Playoffs were to Happen today. This is my prediction. For the AP Top 10 of 25 Poll

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. LSU
4. Oklahoma

On the Bubble
5. Clemson
6. Wisconsin

Next Tier
7. Notre Dame
8. Penn State

9. Auburn
10. Georgia

Thoughts?

cbolt
SEOP

Re: Valenth's Playoff Scenario as of 10/13/19

Post by cbolt »

Looks pretty good, val ! Only thing I disagree with is leaving Clemson out of the top 4 if they stay undefeated. No way the committee will do that with a defending champion, even if it is a one loss sec team that gets the axe.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

cbolt wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:24 pm Looks pretty good, val ! Only thing I disagree with is leaving Clemson out of the top 4 if they stay undefeated. No way the committee will do that with a defending champion, even if it is a one loss sec team that gets the axe.
I think the committee will look how bad the ACC really is plus Clemson having Wofford on their schedule doesn't help. The only half way decent win that will likely be on their scchedule is Texas A&M.. The other divison of the ACC opposite Clemson is AWFUL.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

As of today, although they may not be a top four team, Clemson has the easiest pathway to remaining undefeated and being selected for the CFP. Being the defending champ matters.

The next easiest pathway to the CFP likely belongs to Oklahoma.

The other two CFP slots could be decided in head to head matches by Bama-LSU and Ohio State-Wisconsin.

If one or more of the above listed teams falter, you have Georgia, Notre Dame, Auburn, Oregon, and Penn State waiting to pounce.

Honestly having this many teams in the CFP discussion is good for the game and great for the fans.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

cbolt wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:24 pm Looks pretty good, val ! Only thing I disagree with is leaving Clemson out of the top 4 if they stay undefeated. No way the committee will do that with a defending champion, even if it is a one loss sec team that gets the axe.
I agree.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

and florida plays 2 fcs schools this year. but the lsu loss exposed them any way. I don't know if anybody wants to play anybody in that top 4 now. gonna get wild down the stretch.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Anything can happen from here on out. No opinions here just yet!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Valenth wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:16 pm This is my top 4 .. If the Playoffs were to Happen today. This is my prediction. For the AP Top 10 of 25 Poll

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. LSU
4. Oklahoma

On the Bubble
5. Clemson
6. Wisconsin

Next Tier
7. Notre Dame
8. Penn State

9. Auburn
10. Georgia

Thoughts?
Ohio State has had the toughest strength of schedule out of these teams. It doesnt get much easier with Wisconsin, Penn State and ttun remaining.

Bama, as much as I dislike them, has had one of the easiest schedules up to this point but it will get much tougher with the SEC West schedule. Same can be said for LSU. I think both Auburn and Georgia both pick up at least one more loss each as neither are that impressive.

I think the hardest road to the playoffs:

1.) OSU (because they have had the toughest schedule thus far and it wont get much easier)
2.) LSU- playing the SEC West teams
3.) Bama- Sec west teams
4.) Wisconsin (this will be decided Oct 26th vs the Bucks) plus Iowa and then at Minnesota
5.) Penn State- Still have to face ttun, a good Minny team, and OSU on the road
6.) Oklahoma (Lets face it- they have to remain unbeaten against mediocre teams and then beat a very slow Texas team again)
7.) Notre Dame- they play ttun 10/26. Other than that the rest of the schedule is a joke. VT, Duke, Navy, BC and Stanford. All bad teams this year. If they beat ttun, and ttun loses to OSU and Penn St, ND may not finish the season with a win vs a ranked team.
8.) Clemson- Seriously.....what ACC team is better than mediocre on their schedule?

My prediction on the top 4 when its all said and done:

1.) LSU (I think they beat Bama)
2.) OSU
3.) OU
4.) Clemson

I still think OSU is the best and most complete team thus far and running the table deserves the #1 spot, but past experience says if LSU finishes unbeaten the committee will have an unbeaten SEC team at #1.

Just my opinion.

Return to “College Sports”