Valenth's Week 7 Observations

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's Week 7 Observations

Post by Valenth »

Once again have a good bit to talk about. Let's get to it...

1. The SEC is Slowly starting to show its colors. The SEC East took it on the chin this week. Georgia losing in 2 Overtimes to a very mediocre South Carolina Squad and Florida falling to LSU in Death Valley... Alabama handled Texas A&M... But I really do think that LSU is the best team in the SEC West. With the East taking that hit. The chances are slightly lower that 2 SEC teams could get into the College Playoff.

2. The ACC.. Good Lord Almighty.. It's just BAD. Clemson dismantled an atrocious Florida State Seminole team. The surprise up to this week in the ACC was an undefeated Wake Forest.... Annnnnnnnd that's gone. They decided to put up a basketball Style score to Louisville in a match-up that would have any defensive coordinator pulling his hair out. Virginia falling and still to this day wondered why they were eleven ranked. Who knows?

3. Oklahoma is the clear Front Runner in the BIG XII... After downing Texas in the Red River rivalry... We will see these two likely rematch for the BIG XII Championship game. However, Texas needs to fix that pathetically soft defense. My Bed pillows are more firm.

4. Ohio State sat Idle while Wisconsin stomped a Mud hole into Sparty and Penn State came out Victorius in a low scoring Affair against Iowa.. But we need to keep an eye on Minnesota ... They're starting to make some noise after throttling Nebraska.

5. PAC12 I keep mentioning my argument. They keep beating each other up. Chances for any Team from the PAC12 to make the Playoffs are very VERY Slim... They will need heavy HEAVY help to have a chance...

6. Notre Dame barely got by USC... Notre Dame's schedule continues to weaken. They're still In contention somewhat... but might need help if they want a Playoff spot.

7. My top 3 Group of 5 Contenders... Boise State, Cincinnati and Temple. I think the Owls will make an AP top. 25 appearance this upcoming week.

Let me know what you think!
Last edited by Valenth on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cbolt
SEOP

Re: Valenth's Week 7 Observations

Post by cbolt »

The Minnesota Badgers! I like it Val. I think them and Whisky need to change names. :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

It was kind of fun having a bye week and watching other contenders lose or struggle

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Good points Valenth.

Virginia was ranked to help the ACC (Clemson).

Minnesota is a solid team but keep in mind Nebraska is on a losing streak and has probably folded at this point.

Georgia's offense is not the explosive offense it was last year. Defensively they are not good. A QB on one leg and then a true freshman backup moved the ball easily on them. Fromm looked bad. Fields is clearly the better QB and I'll bet old Kirby not so smart is kicking himself over that.

ACC is pathetic. Wake might be able to take down Clemson if they can learn to play any defense at all.

LSU has a very good offense but I was surprised how bad their defense looked at times vs Florida. I think LSU and Bama are the clear favorites in the West but I expect Florida to continue to improve offensively once their backup gets more games under his belt. Florida winning the East could make the SEC championship game a barnburner.

FSU is so bad I can even comment on Clemson.

The most complete teams right now are OSU, OU, Wisconsin, Bama and LSU. They would be in my top 5. The next layer of teams are well behind.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

cbolt wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:09 am The Minnesota Badgers! I like it Val. I think them and Whisky need to change names. :lol:
My bad man! I was a little less than sober last night typing this out.. Auto correct was a best friend last night :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

No biggie, val. I was just giving you a hard time. I do like the badger nickname though. Hopefully they eat a poison nut on Oct.26 ;)

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

dazed&confused wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:40 am It was kind of fun having a bye week and watching other contenders lose or struggle
And dropping a spot while watching. :(

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Just took a look at new rankings...

1 Bama
2 Clemson
3 LSU
4 Ohio St.
5 Oklahoma

9 Florida
10 Georgia

Gotta love them Minnesota Badgers!!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

AP poll...

1 Bama
2 LSU
3 Clemson
4 Ohio St.
5 Oklahoma

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:14 pm Just took a look at new rankings...

1 Bama
2 Clemson
3 LSU
4 Ohio St.
5 Oklahoma

9 Florida
10 Georgia

Gotta love them Minnesota Badgers!!!
This is Coaches poll. And Minn got in...I think at 19

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

LSU to the #2

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

In the new AP, there is one team in the ACC that is ranked (Clemson)

Return to “College Sports”