#4 Ohio State rolls by #25 Michigan State 34-10

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

#4 Ohio State rolls by #25 Michigan State 34-10

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The Spartans defense was lockdown in the 1st quarter, but after that it was all Buckeyes.

Ohio State (6-0):

Justin Fields - 17/25; 206 pass yards; 2 pass TDs; 1 INT; 61 rush yards; 1 rush TD
JK Dobbins - 24 carries; 172 rush yards; 1 rush TD
Binjimin Victor - 3 receptions; 79 receiving yards; 1 receiving TD
Blake Haubeil - 4/4 extra points; 2/3 field goals (Long of 43 yards)

Michigan State (4-2):

Brian Lewerke - 20/38; 218 pass yards; 1 pass TD; 1 INT
Elijah Collins - 12 carries; 63 rush yards
Darrell Stewart Jr - 6 receptions; 68 receiving yards; 1 receiving TD
Matt Coghlin - 1/1 extra points; 1/2 field goals (39 yards)

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: #4 Ohio State rolls by #25 Michigan State 34-10

Post by Omega »

Thank you for the stats C2009. Ohio State had a strong but strangely unsatisfying win over Sparty.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

With about 30 Ohio kids on the Michigan State roster, plus the head coach as well as most of his assistant coaches with Ohio ties, they always come out with nothing to lose, and everything to gain. I agree with you about the unsatisfying win, back a few years ago, a 24 point win would have been considered a blow-out. We are either a little bit spoiled, or we listen to the Media and the talking heads give all there expert opinions, probably a little bit of both. The Buckeyes haven't really faced a lot of adversity yet, it's probably going to happen at some point down the road.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

About what I expected. Sparty came out with a lot a spirit and energy in the 1st quarter on defense but just couldn't keep up the intensity . Offense was really making it tough on them fumbling the ball and missing some golden opportunities. The second half they had a lot of poor tackling probably from being worn down and weren't closing the gaps on the line. I loved it when number 22 caught Dobbins from behind and tried to punch the ball out instead of wrapping up and bringing him down. Dantonio will no doubt give him a tongue lashing this week for that. About the only thing I was disappointed in was the defense. Sparty offense moved he ball moved the ball a lot easier than I thought they would at times. Lewerke wasn't supposed to be that good and he had over 200 yards passing. Something to be concerned with maybe when facing better QB'S ? The bye came at a really good time being banged up like they are.

Return to “College Sports”