Valenth's Week 6 Observations

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's Week 6 Observations

Post by Valenth »

Another Week in the Books... Things are starting to round out slowly... Here's my thoughts...

1. Maybe Florida is a contender after all. They shut down Auburn in the Swamp by forcing the Tigers to make mistakes. However this makes the SEC West look a bit weaker. It's now LSU and Alabama to fight it out for the SEC WEST Crown. and now Georgia and Florida to battle for their SEC East Crown.

2. Things are shaping up to be a HUGE Red River Rivalry in the BIG XII. Texas and Oklahoma both winning will like set up a Top 10 battle next week!

3. The B1G still remains to look like a Battle between Wisconsin and Ohio State. Michigan slid by Iowa in an ugly defensive battle. However, we do have a team flying under the radar in the B1G West... That's Minnesota... However they have battled in all but one game this season.

4. I sound like a broken record... PAC 12 continues to erode away their Playoff chances by beating each other up.. The winner of this conference wouldn't surprise me to see a 2 loss Champion.

5. ACC this week was a snooze fest. Since Clemson was Idle.

6. The Group of 5 power seems to lie currently in the hands of Boise State. However UCF Falling to Cincinnati is a huge boost for the Bearcats. They might be in the top 25 come next Poll.

Thoughts? let's discuss!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Valenth's Week 6 Observations

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I agree with the assessment.

Texas vs. Oklahoma will be a super exciting game!!

I agree that the B1G is between Ohio State/Wisconsin. I didn't realize that Minnesota is still undefeated until last night when looking at scores. Definitely flying under the radar. I can see them staying undefeated for a few more weeks until they play Penn State. Or they could lose to Nebraska next week. Who knows!

In my opinion, the Pac12 is essentially out of the playoff race. Washington and Oregon were the only two teams with a chance still. But Washington lost to Stanford last night. A lot of people have to lose for Oregon to make it though.

Boise State is clearly (in my opinion) the best Group of 5 team. UCF not as good as they have been the last couple years. But I still believe they're a top 25 team by the end of the season. Cincinnati definitely belongs in the top 25 as well. Also, another team flying under the radar is SMU. They're still undefeated.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Don't discount Penn State. Everyone is talking about Wisconsin being a test for OSU but PSU could sneak into town and give the Bucks a fight. Right before the game with TTUN.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

dazed&confused wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:21 pm Don't discount Penn State. Everyone is talking about Wisconsin being a test for OSU but PSU could sneak into town and give the Bucks a fight. Right before the game with TTUN.
Very very true... The key for the Buckeyes is one game at a time. Do NOT look ahead..

Return to “College Sports”