Should Conferences Become Uniform?

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Should Conferences Become Uniform?

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Should conferences, at least in football and possibly basketball, have the same number of members? Same number of conference games? All have Conference Champion Game? No Independents? Thoughts?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Should Conferences Become Uniform?

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

with the changing landscape of college sports. they have thrown that all away in the pursuit on mega conferences and money and tv markets.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I think it should, but with the way things are, that won't happen.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I think every Power 5 Conference should have 16 Members.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

I'm more in favor of all conferences having 12 members with the 9 conference games; for power-5 conferences (power-6 with how I wish it would be), one non-conference game against a power opponent.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

A better question might be will the Power 5 conferences break away from the NCAA for football and form their own governing and rule making body,

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Omega wrote:A better question might be will the Power 5 conferences break away from the NCAA for football and form their own governing and rule making body,
Very true...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I don't know of any re-alignment that is set to change this year,or next= has anybody else heard anything different. as crazy is it's been I think they have it kinda all sorted out now.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Only things announced are Coastal Carolina (FCS) transitioning to FBS in 2016 and will be independent for a year before joining the Sun Belt in 2017, Sun Belt would have 12 teams and a potential championship game if they keep Idaho and New Mexico St as football-affiliates leaving the Big 12 as the only FBS conference without a championship game, UAB back to C-USA when they get their football team back in 2017, and UMASS leaving the MAC for FCS in 2016, was only football-affiliated in MAC. Nothing major unless you're a huge fan of Sun Belt teams.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Only things announced are Coastal Carolina (FCS) transitioning to FBS in 2016 and will be independent for a year before joining the Sun Belt in 2017, Sun Belt would have 12 teams and a potential championship game if they keep Idaho and New Mexico St as football-affiliates leaving the Big 12 as the only FBS conference without a championship game, UAB back to C-USA when they get their football team back in 2017, and UMASS leaving the MAC for FCS in 2016, was only football-affiliated in MAC. Nothing major unless you're a huge fan of Sun Belt teams.
Last edited by GoBucks1047 on Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

^ A little Movement... nothing earth shattering

Return to “College Sports”