Valenth's Week 3 Observations

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's Week 3 Observations

Post by Valenth »

Well we have a quite a bit to talk about this week...

1. B1G East looks to be not as strong as originally thought. With a Close call by Penn State and losses by Maryland and Michigan State... Maryland got Exposed in a big way against Temple... The Buckeyes looked like a well oiled machine as they trounced Indiana. We will see how good or bad Michigan is when they face Wisconsin in week 4.

2. Still don't have a grasp on the SEC... Alabama pulled away from a mediocre South Carolina and some SEC schools played their usual FCS opponents . However, Kentucky looked much better than thought against Florida... However, Florida is still not a Top 10 team.

3. PAC12 is looking slowly more in Oregon's favor. USC falling to BYU and Stanford getting throttled by UCF wasn't pretty.

4. BIG XII top to bottom is looking much stronger. Kansas State and Kansas both looked pretty good against their Power 5 Conference opponents. Texas Tech and West Virginia look to be the weakest teams in the conference. Odd not saying Kansas is at the bottom of the pile for once!

5. ACC... All I can say is one word. Clemson. Nothing else.

Let's discuss. Any other thoughts?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Valenth's Week 3 Observations

Post by Chieftain2009 »

As for the Pac 12, I think that conference is Utah's to lose right now.

Alabama has no run game right now, if they want to compete with Clemson for a national title, they'll have to develop that, at least a little bit.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

My PAC 12 is pretty bad

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

1. Florida QB Franks is out for the year. Broken leg with possibility of torn ligament. Just watched the 4th and 1 play...hit from behind and hit from the front. Legs just folded over...clean hit...pretty gruesome.

2. Could this be LSU time to shine in SEC West? Bama doesn't have a running game (yet)...Auburn with a frosh at the helm. We shall see. The east is now Georgia's to lose. Cocktail party game cometh in Jacksonville.

3. ACC...Clemson

4. PAC 12...I still like Utah

5. Buckeyes did look well lubrucated against Indiana. Maryland thumps Syracuse then lays an egg vs Temple. Penn St v Pitt...long time rivalry...nuff said

6. Big 12...Sooners. How about the fighting Jayhawks under the mad hatter himself. Always liked Les Miles myself.

Just my thoughts....

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:30 pm 1. Florida QB Franks is out for the year. Broken leg with possibility of torn ligament. Just watched the 4th and 1 play...hit from behind and hit from the front. Legs just folded over...clean hit...pretty gruesome.

2. Could this be LSU time to shine in SEC West? Bama doesn't have a running game (yet)...Auburn with a frosh at the helm. We shall see. The east is now Georgia's to lose. Cocktail party game cometh in Jacksonville.

3. ACC...Clemson

5. Buckeyes did look well lubrucated against Indiana. Maryland thumps Syracuse then lays an egg vs Temple. Penn St v Pitt...long time rivalry...nuff said

6. Big 12...Sooners. How about the fighting Jayhawks under the mad hatter himself. Always liked Les Miles myself.

Just my thoughts....
The latest from Gainesville is that Franks has a dislocated ankle...obviously put for rest of season.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:42 pm
OHHS old timer wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:30 pm 1. Florida QB Franks is out for the year. Broken leg with possibility of torn ligament. Just watched the 4th and 1 play...hit from behind and hit from the front. Legs just folded over...clean hit...pretty gruesome.

3. ACC...Clemson

Just my thoughts....
The latest from Gainesville is that Franks has a dislocated ankle...obviously put for rest of season.
Stupid finger...Out for rest of season is Franks for UF.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

BTW...if anyone up there is thinking about heading to Baton Rouge for the Bama vs Burreaux game...I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express. It is about 3 miles from the stadium. Runs about 85 bucks a night with free breakfast.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Great observations so far! I do need to watch Utah a bit more...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Valenth wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:13 pm Great observations so far! I do need to watch Utah a bit more...
Yeah you do. Those dudes can play some defense.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Lets not forget that Clemson didnt exact blow out Syracuse, who Maryland totally blew out the week before. They are VERY beatable.

My top 4 teams, in no particular order, are Ohio State, Oklahoma, LSU and Clemson.
Thats my prediction for the playoffs as well.

I think LSU will play Georgia for the SEC title, OSU vs Wisky, OK vs Texas and Utah vs Oregon for the PAC12.

It doesnt matter who Clemson plays in the ACC as no other teams have a pulse.

We will see how good Georgia is soon once they start playing teams that are actually power 5 football teams

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:35 pm My PAC 12 is pretty bad
Of course the PAC 12 has six teams in the top 25 and the Big 10(14) has only five.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:19 pm Lets not forget that Clemson didnt exact blow out Syracuse, who Maryland totally blew out the week before. They are VERY beatable.

My top 4 teams, in no particular order, are Ohio State, Oklahoma, LSU and Clemson.

I think LSU will play Georgia for the SEC title, OSU vs Wisky, OK vs Texas and Utah vs Oregon for the PAC12.

We will see how good Georgia is soon once they start playing teams that are actually power 5 football teams
Spot on. Georgia entertains Notre Dame Between the Hedges next week. Ohio State's playoff chances would be boosted with a Notre Dame loss.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I wouldn’t be jumping on KU just yet. They squeak by Indiana St and lose to Coastal Carolina before beating BC (have they had anything since Flutie?).

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:38 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:19 pm Lets not forget that Clemson didnt exact blow out Syracuse, who Maryland totally blew out the week before. They are VERY beatable.

Spot on. Georgia entertains Notre Dame Between the Hedges next week. Ohio State's playoff chances would be boosted with a Notre Dame loss.
Ohio State doesn't need ND to lose as long as they win all of their games.
Of course ND losing doesnt hurt as it essentially takes them out of the playoff hunt.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Notre Dames Schedule took a big hit when Stanford and USC both fell. Their heavy ACC Schedule strength is laughable. their season lays on the line Next week when they play Georgia. And if they beat Michigan.. I don't think Michigan is all that great either.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Raiderball wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:31 pm I wouldn’t be jumping on KU just yet. They squeak by Indiana St and lose to Coastal Carolina before beating BC (have they had anything since Flutie?).
Agree, Kansas may be turning in the right direction under Les Miles, but their first 2 weeks weren’t good.

Who Dey!

Return to “College Sports”