The hottest coaching seats in the B1G

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

The hottest coaching seats in the B1G

Post by Bleeding Red »

Which coach has the hottest seat for 2019 and must win?

Lovie Smith at Illinois would be my first guess. 4-23 I believe is his record and I think winless in conference play since his arrival.

Hairball- without a win against tOSU this season, he remains an 0-fer. The Game is at AA, against a new coach at tOSU, new QB, etc.

James Frankin- pitiful record against the big 3 in the B1G east (tOSU, scUM and Sparty). Things dont get any easier for him as they play @ Iowa, @MSU and @tOSU. McSworley is gone and PSU lost a lot from last season on both sides of the ball.

Who has the hottest seat?

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: The hottest coaching seats in the B1G

Post by Omega »

Chris Ash at Rutgers barring a miracle season would be on the hottest seat. I think he is a solid coach and runs a clean program. His failing is recruiting.

Lovie Smith at Illinois has recruited well and that will likely save him for another season.

As to Harbaugh and Franklin, they are safe as long as they win more they lose. I sense that both Michigan and Penn State powers that be are not fanatical about championships and playoffs as are the movers and shakers at Ohio State. That and the law of averages say that the Buckeyes will eventually finish behind the Wolves and the Nits.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Re: The hottest coaching seats in the B1G

Post by cbolt »

Well said omega. I agree TTUN are not as nuts about beating the TOSU as they are down here beating them. Sparty might even be bigger now. As long as they have top ten seasons and win more bowl games than they lose and at least split with TOSU or Sparty I think Jimmy is safe. Also agree that Franklin is safe. To be where they are now compared to what could have been after the scandal I think PSU people will take that all day long. The hottest imo is Lovie and maybe Ash. I would guess getting top talent to go to Rut would next to impossible so he might get a little rope

Return to “College Sports”